Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #541
country flag Cosimo
Senior Member
 
Cosimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 239
Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

I think she just need to be left alone, she doesn't need any of this shit, Facebook, Twitter and so on. At least not for the general public, but for a very small circle of friends. All she need is to play tennis, not to sell t-shirts.
I like her approach and I think it's suiting her style. She seems very determined and she seems she knows what she wants and how to get there, so it's a good thing if she focuses only toward that goal, without unnecessary distractions. She's an interesting girl, that's for sure.

Last edited by Cosimo : Nov 15th, 2013 at 04:41 PM.
Cosimo is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Nov 15th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #542
country flag soimu
Senior Member
 
soimu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 716
soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Weird decision about Marcu. I do not say he is some genius but he was useful and helped her.
My opinion is that Simona can't "read" all the subtleties of an opponent's game. At least not yet. Having an experienced person around her was important.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
I think she just need to be left alone, she doesn't need any of this shit, Facebook, Twitter and so on. At least not for the general public, but for a very small circle of friends. All she need is to play tennis, not to sell t-shirts.
I like her approach and I think it's suiting her style. She seems very determined and she seems she knows what she wants and how to get there, so it's a good thing if she focuses only toward that goal, without unnecessary distractions. She's an interesting girl, that's for sure.
Agreed with all of this.
Simona has to focus on tennis and her private life. No need for too much PR.
__________________
___B
HALEP
DULGHERU----- Cetkovska Voegele Paszek Hampton
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu A.Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #543
country flag Hartson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,260
Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

I also think Marcu is not a magician but anyway don't like this decision something strange.
May be they coulnd't solve financial questions
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #544
country flag ALIEN
Senior Member
 
ALIEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 531
ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Simona , I hope you know what you are doing.
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #545
country flag TennisGhost
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,116
TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

For how long will she remain coach-less? Surely she will get a new one before the AO, ...right?
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #546
country flag noname29
Senior Member
 
noname29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 368
noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

I can not say I'm surprised by her decision. As for a new coach, I would have wanted Carlos Rodrigues Unfortunately it is almost impossible, not only because it is busy with Na, but I think at this point is a very expensive coach for Simona.
Rather than work out alone in Poiana Brasov, do not know if it's normal something like that in tennis, but I would have called Sara Errani and her coach, to see if it is possible to train together... even just for a short period of time.
noname29 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #547
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games
 
venusinfurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,486
venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

I hope this turns out to be a good decision... time will tell
__________________
Simona Halep (2014 French Open Runner-up) - Petra Kvitova (2011/2014 Wimbledon Champion)
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #548
country flag Evan86
Senior Member
 
Evan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,281
Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Wow, this is an unexpected surprise, I didn't think she would let Marcu go so fast, but I'm glad she did. Marcu is not exactly young but he doesn't have any big names or big performances in his coaching CV. And his on-court coaching sessions were just dreadful. I think Simona is 100% right, she has gotten to a point where a coach like Marcu cannot help her anymore. She needs a world class coach, and until she finds one, Ruzici can be her unofficial coach, not just her manager. I still think Mlendea is the one that helped Simona to find the necessary confidence in her game to be able to fulfil her potential. Why else would Jankovic have hired him? She also has some problems in the mental department that have kept her from winning a GS, she definitely has the talent. She must've heard what Mlendea did for Halep so she is hoping he can do the same for her.
I think Simona made the right decision and I can't wait for the 2014 season to start. Even though I am a little disappointed that she won't play in Brisbane, I wanted to see her against one of Serena, Vika or Maria before the AO.
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #549
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games
 
venusinfurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,486
venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan86 View Post
Wow, this is an unexpected surprise, I didn't think she would let Marcu go so fast, but I'm glad she did. Marcu is not exactly young but he doesn't have any big names or big performances in his coaching CV. And his on-court coaching sessions were just dreadful. I think Simona is 100% right, she has gotten to a point where a coach like Marcu cannot help her anymore. She needs a world class coach, and until she finds one, Ruzici can be her unofficial coach, not just her manager. I still think Mlendea is the one that helped Simona to find the necessary confidence in her game to be able to fulfil her potential. Why else would Jankovic have hired him? She also has some problems in the mental department that have kept her from winning a GS, she definitely has the talent. She must've heard what Mlendea did for Halep so she is hoping he can do the same for her.
I think Simona made the right decision and I can't wait for the 2014 season to start. Even though I am a little disappointed that she won't play in Brisbane, I wanted to see her against one of Serena, Vika or Maria before the AO.
That she avoided this is a bit worrying and I hope it's not the trend for the rest of the season...
__________________
Simona Halep (2014 French Open Runner-up) - Petra Kvitova (2011/2014 Wimbledon Champion)
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #550
Setsuna.
.
 
Setsuna.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 24,267
Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
Simona , I hope you know what you are doing.
+1
__________________

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Halep Pavlyuchenkova Shvedova Bencic Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #551
country flag DanLovesWTA
Senior Member
 
DanLovesWTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,581
DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
That she avoided this is a bit worrying and I hope it's not the trend for the rest of the season...
If she continue playing like she did in the past month, even if she want's she can't avoid big names. She knows that she has a huge chance to make a lot of points in Slams, Premier Mandatory, Premier 5. All i whis is to be healthy in 2014 and we will see a lot of good tennis from her, i'm sure.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #552
country flag Evan86
Senior Member
 
Evan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,281
Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
That she avoided this is a bit worrying and I hope it's not the trend for the rest of the season...
I think she doesn't want to play 2 tournaments before the AO, and that might be a good thing. Winning Sidney would probably get her into the top 10 so maybe this is another reason why she chose it, it's easier to win it since the big 3 are not there. But all the others are, so we will get to see some good matches. After the AO, I hope she will play all the Premier events as those bring a lot of points and money. Being ranked this high, playing in a lot of MM's is pointless, winning one of those tournaments gets you the same points as reaching the 4th round at a slam. Or at least it did, I don't know if that will still be the case with the new points awarding system in 2014.
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #553
country flag Stevessie
Senior Member
 
Stevessie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 184
Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

I like how much worried we are about her decisions, about her health. So much love for our little romanian girl, so much emotions during her games. We haven't had this for a long time.
Stevessie is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #554
country flag DanLovesWTA
Senior Member
 
DanLovesWTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,581
DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan86 View Post
I think she doesn't want to play 2 tournaments before the AO, and that might be a good thing. Winning Sidney would probably get her into the top 10 so maybe this is another reason why she chose it, it's easier to win it since the big 3 are not there. But all the others are, so we will get to see some good matches. After the AO, I hope she will play all the Premier events as those bring a lot of points and money. Being ranked this high, playing in a lot of MM's is pointless, winning one of those tournaments gets you the same points as reaching the 4th round at a slam. Or at least it did, I don't know if that will still be the case with the new points awarding system in 2014.
She know's that it's pointless for her to play MM's if she maintain her ranking high she will only play those 3 MM's where she one the titles. She can't add points to her ranking from MM's, because her 16th best result is Cincinnati(225 points).
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #555
country flag DanLovesWTA
Senior Member
 
DanLovesWTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,581
DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevessie View Post
I like how much worried we are about her decisions, about her health. So much love for our little romanian girl, so much emotions during her games. We haven't had this for a long time.
You right here!!!!
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios