» Simona's News/Articles/Interviews « - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 15th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #76
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: » Simona's News/Articles/Interviews «

Quote:
I'll see in the future, but for now I want to stay alone
WTF does she mean ???
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 15th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #77
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold

Exactly what you read. She says she want to be alone for the next months.

Quite a bad decision , considering she had a not so good period at the beginning of 2013 ( although she surprisingly says : that period helped her )

There has to be a motive in all this :|

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Gallovits-Hall, Bogdan, Dulgheru *

TT-s: #153 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #169 - RUP: Beinasco '14 w/ Crux S; Suicide: #101 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #96; PAW: #82
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #78
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

I don't get it. Maybe she wants to hire a better coach or something ...
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 12:08 AM   #79

Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold Nightcrawl3r is a splendid one to behold

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...om-zero-to-six

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Gallovits-Hall, Bogdan, Dulgheru *

TT-s: #153 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #169 - RUP: Beinasco '14 w/ Crux S; Suicide: #101 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #96; PAW: #82
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #80
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a glorious beacon of light oliverdescants is a glorious beacon of light oliverdescants is a glorious beacon of light oliverdescants is a glorious beacon of light oliverdescants is a glorious beacon of light oliverdescants is a glorious beacon of light oliverdescants is a glorious beacon of light oliverdescants is a glorious beacon of light oliverdescants is a glorious beacon of light oliverdescants is a glorious beacon of light oliverdescants is a glorious beacon of light

Pretty good company.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #81
country flag swilley06

swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light swilley06 is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.Uo0QstI3uSp
swilley06 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #82

Just paid 37 euro-cents for the following article that just got released . Enjoy

Pages 20,21,22 (it's in Romanian but use Google Translate please as I haven't even read it yet and I am a little tired) :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/td0b841bii...-26nov2013.pdf

Old Nov 25th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #83
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Just paid 37 euro-cents for the following article that just got released . Enjoy

Pages 20,21,22 (it's in Romanian but use Google Translate please as I haven't even read it yet and I am a little tired) :P

Thanks for posting. I downloaded it on PDF and now I can't get it to translate, maybe I'm doing it wrong.
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #84
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentmoon View Post
Thanks for posting. I downloaded it on PDF and now I can't get it to translate, maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Go to Tools - Add-ons - Extension you can find Google Translator for firefox or other translator.
Sorana Cirstea Jelena Jankovic Samantha Stosur Victoria Azarenka Eugenie Bouchard Sabine Lisicki Maria Sharapova Ana Ivanovic Caroline Wozniacki Na Li Monica Niculescu Petra Kvitova Flavia Pennetta Belinda Bencic

Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #85
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of DanLovesWTA has much to be proud of

If nobody will translate the interviews whit her, i will try myslef tommorow.
Sorana Cirstea Jelena Jankovic Samantha Stosur Victoria Azarenka Eugenie Bouchard Sabine Lisicki Maria Sharapova Ana Ivanovic Caroline Wozniacki Na Li Monica Niculescu Petra Kvitova Flavia Pennetta Belinda Bencic

Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #86

Exclamation Re: » Simona's News/Articles/Interviews «

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post

Pages 20,21,22 (it's in Romanian)

A champion's unfolding: Simona Halep.

Goes through this year's landmarks (highlights), saying that every tournament she won,
had something of its own (different), special

A journey throughout 2013 : from Nurnberg to Sofia.

She's won 6 trophies and jumped 36 spots in the rankings since the start of the season.

What's behind those numbers : Nurnberg wasn't on her initial schedule. She wanted to withdraw
from 's-Hertogenbosch. She had her parents with her in Budapest. For New Haven she decided in
the last minute. Before Moscow she trained for just 2 days and in Sofia she cried for the first
time after a Win.

She brought a little of the fog from the mountainside. It's a wet November day, the 1st
day she held her racket for good after the short vacation and the physical cantonment from
Poiana Brasov. A skinny silhouette, with her hands deep in her jacket pockets and with the hood
over her forehead.

53-17 is the report between wins and losses in 2013 for SH

But people recognize SH, 22, the one who brought them joy and pleased them in 2013.
Signs some autographs , takes pictures with he fans who always have their cellphone with them,
graciously accepts the good wishes of the ones who cross her path.

Then , we sit for an hour , and the 11th ranked talks about how she got past this
unforgettable year, with his ups and downs, about her passions , about what she wishes for the
future and about the decisions that she took.

-Simona , if you would have a calendar of 2013 in front , what month would you pick first ?

- May ! Rome was in may and it was then when I felt the latch/switch. Especially because I had
family friends there that came to cheer for me . I was crossing a tough period because of that
back injury, which was serious and lasted for 3 months. I was going to tournaments, but I played
carrying that injury. Sometimes, i couldn't even move. In Rome though, I had some support,
especially spiritual and that gave me courage. Nevertheless , the 1st Q match was the toughest,
in all year maybe. I played A. Balducci and won 12-1. I was incredibly nervous, but the win came
as a fresh breath. Gave me confidence for the next matches , in which I played better and better.

- You won against top players there : Hantuchova , Kuznetsova, A. Radwanska, Vinci, Jankovic.

Yes , but I was the happiest when I won against Radwanska. Before that , it felt impossible to beat
her but, after I did it , I realized I can play well at a high level.

"I like playing in Germany"

- Let's go through every landmark of this year, starting with Nurnberg. It's a tournament that you didn't
have in your initial schedule, isn't it ?

Yes, that's right, because it was new in the WTA calendar . I made the schedule myself, at the beginning
of the year and I chose how I(t) felt right. When I saw Nurnberg , I told myself : "I'll ignore the rest of
the tournaments and I'll play there" , especially because I always liked playing in Germany, ever since the
juniors where I also won a few tournaments. CONTINUING from last night : I like the field (surface), it's a bit softer ,heavy, can hit the balls better , I control them better.

- And it was worth choosing this tournament.

Yes , but there I started also very slow against G. Min . After that, it was better and better. It was tough against Safarova in the semis ,because she was playing well in that period, and of course , in the Final against Petkovic. I felt that I could win my first tournament. I had somewhere in my mind the fact that I played 3 finals before and I lost them but this time ,for the 1st time, I believed in myself, that I could make the final step. I was very happy.

"8 hours with the train"

- After that , 's-Hertogenbosch came very fast. How did you get from Germany to the Netherlands ?

First of all , I wanted to withdraw from there . I suffered a sprain and I wasn't sure I could play. Then I told myself to try it , I took the train , I didn't want to fly that time. It was quite a long trip, 7-8 hours and I arrived on Monday after playing the final in Nurnberg on Sunday. I got to train only half an hour and Tuesday, I was already scheduled for the 1st match, against Beck . It rained all the time, but the play wasn't suspended because the surface wasn't that wet. There were 3 sets and It caught me well. It was meant to be like that.

- You were on the confidence roll from Nurnberg.

Definitely , that counted very much, especially because after that, I won against R. Vinci in the 2nd round ,who likes to play on grass, and against C. Suarez Navarro.

- Next : Budapest

I wanted very bad to play there. 2 years ago, I. Begu made the final there and since then, I told myself that I would play in that tournament. It's close (to my home) and also it's on clay. This year was a little bit awkward because there was no qualifying and a slimmer Doubles field and we were very few players . But I had my mom with me, and then, from the semis, my dad came too . Now , If I think about it, I realize that every tournament had something different (of its own) , every time something happened.

"Heat sickness"

- Then , you continued on hard and raised your level. With New Haven ...

This one wasn't in the schedule also . I decided in the last minute and in the end it turned out very well. I felt relaxed, I had a driver , even a car that I drove personally. The match which freed myself was the one against C. Suarez Navarro who led my by 1 set and 4-2 but I fought back and from there on , I played better and better. It was tough because it was very hot outside, sunny and I was sick throughout the whole match because of that. But that past and I got to the end after it.

- The 5th title , Moscow.....

I didn't say this before, but for Moscow I trained for only 2 days. I was coming back from Asia, I injured my scapula in Tokyo and I couldn't even serve. I thought to myself to play the ball a little bit, to get ready for Sofia which was my next target. Then the draw was made and I should have played against Cibulkova and when I saw that, I didn't make any illusions to myself. But then, Kerber has withdrawn and I received a Bye and I got to play only on Thursday. It was almost a week since I arrived in Moscow [last Friday] and I was getting bored.

"In Moscow, it was probably the best tournament of the year for me. I like it there, everything is pretty similar to Romania, I also like the people , they're tough and mind their own business : I also liked the food , it's very delicious."

- And what did you do ?

Well, I went to Rybarikova's 1st match against Pervak , although I don't go in the stands to watch my opponents . I was a little bit afraid because I didn't train on the Court that I was supposed to play. Irony or not, Rybarikova retired after 1 set (which I won) . Then , against Kleybanova I was a little bit nervous , I knew what health problems she had and that she's coming back . Against Pavlyuchenkova it was different, easier , I was confident that I can beat her. And in the Final against Stosur, I played relaxed, with no pressure , for me it was a very good result anyway.

"Shopping relaxation"

"6 trophies in 1 year"

- And I arrived in Sofia, the last tournament of the year.

- It was a special tournament. Ever since I found out that I could qualify , I told myself to play well there , it was something new, with groups. The more it was getting closer, the more anxious I was getting. Then, when I saw how many people cam to support me , it's close to my home , a few hours of driving (with the car) , I wanted more and more to win . There was my family, friends, relatives and even people that came there only to support me. That's why I cried after the final. It was the 1st time I was crying after a Win , because, throughout the matches, when I was younger, there were many more.

-You got past the groups without losing a set

I didn't think it would turn out like that. I was a little afraid of Cornet ,she's a good player, who gets well positioned and troubles me with her game. I had a retention , because she beat me once, in Monterrey. Against Svitolina , it was easier but I played very late , at my usual bedtime hour. But I got past it the next day when I went shopping a little , I bought me a bracelet (smiles) and it forgot about it.

-The semifinal and the final ,though, were much more intense.

Just in the last days I watched these matches , I didn't watch them before and I realized that, against Ivanovic we both played well up until 3-0 in the decisive. Then, I had some luck when she made easy unforced errors, but that was that. I wanted very bad to win , especially for the public. In the final, against Stosur it was more thrilling in the beginning, there was also Ilie Nastase in the stands and I also had the thigh injury.

Top 3 biggest prizes for Simona in 2013:

Sofia -> 270.000$
US Open -> 165.000$
Moscow -> 132.470$

- In the end, you got rid of the bandage.

The trainer told me that it's good for the muscle to be protected but I was starting to sweat, it began to slip and It was discomforting . I got rid of it and in the 3rd set , I completely forgot about it. Honestly speaking, she dominated me in the 1st part. She never played that well against me . That's why I took the things, ball by ball, I didn't give up and in the end she made more unforced errors. The award ceremony was a special moment, unique . When the played "We are the Champions" I got touched terribly. That was that , these are the most important moments.

1.222.446$ won Simona from tennis in 2013, reaching a career total of 2.039.645$.

2 series of 9 wins in a row she managed in 2013 - Nurnberg -> 's-Hertogenbosch and Moscow -> Sofia.

Simona's preferences

Apart from tennis, between white roses, Rome and Gerard Butler

The most valuable tennis player from Romania would want to visit (at leisure) , Italy's capital and in Romania , she oscillates between her birth town , Constanta and a place, somewhere in the mountainside.

Color : azure (cyan)

Flower :
white rose

Pet : husky (because they have blue eyes)

Perfume : Miss Dior

A place in Romania : Constanta but also somewhere in the mountainside (Brasov I say)

Car : Porsche Carrera

City : Rome

Actor : Gerard Butler (now) , Richard Gere (in the past)

Movie : Pretty Woman

Food : Pizza

ENJOY

In the 2nd part (next days) of the interview , you'll find out :

- where is Simona's first racket
- where she keeps her trophies
- what she did with the 1st money prize from tennis.

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : Nov 26th, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #87
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

So she is basically collecting these trophies in passing despite being sick, injured, bored or not in the mood to play.
What a legend. It also shows what self-confidence can do to yourself.

Her best is yet to come.
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #88
country flag DanLovesWTA

thx @Nightcrawl3r for the interview and for translate

Last edited by DanLovesWTA : Nov 26th, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #89
country flag DanLovesWTA

2014 Sydney entry list

1. A.Radwanska
2. Kvitova
3. Errani
4. Jankovic
5. Kerber
6. Wozniacki
7. Halep
8. Stephens
9. Vinci
10. Suárez Navarro
11. (SR)Kanepi
12. Kuznetsova
13. Cirstea
14. Cibulkova
15. Makarova
16. Cornet
17. Hampton
18. Safarova
19. Bouchard
20. Hantuchova (#33)

Old Nov 26th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #90
country flag drg

drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
2014 Sydney entry list

1. A.Radwanska
2. Kvitova
3. Errani
4. Jankovic
5. Kerber
6. Wozniacki
7. Halep
8. Stephens