Anett Kontaveit - Page 152 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 5th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #2266
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
I wonder if her season has finished now or does she maybe try to get some last minute entry/wildcard to another tournament in November to secure the AO qualies place..
She really should if for any reason just to get match practice especially at the higher level she will be competing at
Should have played Sharm
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 5th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #2267
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Maybe Helsinki 10k?
No, actually I don't ever want to see her playing a 10k again.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 03:17 AM   #2268
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I meant 75K + H
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #2269
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

There is now still a possibility that she'll somehow play either Sharm 75k or Bucha 25k next week. Although she only got home like 5 days ago or so..
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #2270
country flag chingching

Quote:
There is now still a possibility that she'll somehow play either Sharm 75k or Bucha 25k next week. Although she only got home like 5 days ago or so..
How? Entries have closed and I don't think she has applied for a WC/is willing to play Qualies
Bucha is useless for MD acceptance but IIRC Qualies is in 2 weeks so could be a good choice
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #2271
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
How? Entries have closed and I don't think she has applied for a WC/is willing to play Qualies
Well, she even played 10k qualies in spring
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #2272
country flag chingching

Quote:
Well, she even played 10k qualies in spring
Surprisingly she won

I do think it's funny she went from losing in 10K R1 to winning a 25K so dominantly so quickly

Anyway, there aren't really any tournaments in Europe after these (if Egypt counts as extended Europe) so unless she wants to go to South America or Asia, she will not play all her tournaments like last year

Vendryne 15K is an option however because it will give her some easier matches to keep her in form but she can still collect 20 Points from winning, more than she did from 3/4 of her Australian tournaments
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #2273
country flag muusa

No more tournaments this year.

Quite a thorough summary here about the current year: http://anettkontaveit.ee/tanavu-eesm...a-uut-hooaega/

Tried to sum it up:

*Has reached her goal to get to top 250
*She feels her game is getting better bit by bit
*She didn't know about her streak in the ITF finals
*Was very tired after those 7 matches in Moscow, that's why she failed in RG
*About the match with Bencic she says she wanted it too much and the thought of "being older and having to win" in general was what troubled her when playing juniors.
*Plans to play 20-25 tournaments next year
*Has asked for a WC in Auckland qualies, but might not go to play AO if she is denied the WC because lack of "warmup"
*Plays Fed Cup
*Wants to play some more WTA tournaments qualies in general next year
*Is satisfied with her coach
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 08:08 AM   #2274
country flag chingching

Quote:
No more tournaments this year.

Quite a thorough summary here about the current year: http://anettkontaveit.ee/tanavu-eesm...a-uut-hooaega/

Tried to sum it up:

*Has reached her goal to get to top 250
*She feels her game is getting better bit by bit
*She didn't know about her streak in the ITF finals
*Was very tired after those 7 matches in Moscow, that's why she failed in RG
*About the match with Bencic she says she wanted it too much and the thought of "being older and having to win" in general was what troubled her when playing juniors.
*Plans to play 20-25 tournaments next year
*Has asked for a WC in Auckland qualies, but might not go to play AO if she is denied the WC because lack of "warmup"
*Plays Fed Cup
*Wants to play some more WTA tournaments qualies in general next year
*Is satisfied with her coach
A nice summary
I think this answers a lot of our questions and I am very happy with some of the things she says like she likes to play Fed Cup and will play more WTA

Although I really hope she does come for AO, I understand why she wouldn't want to because she could lose Round 1 of AOQ and as she is going to Fed Cup won't be playing the Australian Pro Tour Events afterwards Hopefully Auckland will give her a QWC Wasn't she going to get one last year?

I think the coach is the best news as we thought she might have been having problems earlier Hope they can improve her game even more and take advantage of the lack of points she has to defend to get her into the Top 200

BTW, does she finish school next June? It will be hard to do well at school with that much tennis
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #2275
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

It's risky to go to Australia for AO only with her ranking. #243 might be not be enough or will make it just before the draw.

Even if the new ranking points might make more players to skip it and make the cut-off lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
BTW, does she finish school next June? It will be hard to do well at school with that much tennis
No, it's only her second year in Audentes.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #2276
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
It's risky to go to Australia for AO only with her ranking. #243 might be not be enough or will make it just before the draw.

Even if the new ranking points might make more players to skip it and make the cut-off lower.

No, it's only her second year in Audentes.
I thought she as like 220 And 240s should get her in anyway IMO Still perhaps not worth it I get your point Maybe should play American Green Clay 25s instead: her Green Clay record is great

BTW, if she doesn't get an Auckland WC and still wants to go to Australia she can play Hong Kong 25K right? It will not be as strong because of Shenzhen and although the conditions at that time of year are very different it is still surely better than nothing

How is she only in Year 10 I only just turned 16 and I am about to finish it and I am not young
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #2277
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

She will be 245-247 next week.

There have been years when #220 has not been enough and years when #333 sticks around and gets to play as an alternate.

Year 11. Nine years in the basic school and now second year in E-Gymnasium.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #2278
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
She will be 245-247 next week.

Year 11. Nine years in the basic school and now second year in E-Gymnasium.
Ah so for Estonia it is 1-9 then 10-12 rather than other parts where it is 1-4, 5-8 and 9-12

BTW, I came across this a while ago and wondered if anyone knew if this match was recorded?

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #2279
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Auckland wild-card is confirmed.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #2280
country flag muusa

Didn't know that the Athens final was recorded, nice to see some highlights.

http://www.tennis.ee/2013/11/jurgen-...a-austraalias/

She says the next goal is to get to top 150 and that she has been given the wc to Auckland.

Meelis was quicker again

Also a video interview:
http://sport.delfi.ee/news/tennis/ee....d?id=67128398

Last edited by muusa : Nov 20th, 2013 at 02:31 PM.