Alison Van Uytvanck - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 9th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #301
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svennovitch View Post
cut-off is at n°104, so she better wins to be sure!
OTOH Yanina will be top 50 if she wins...
It is a 96 qualifying draw
The cut off will be 108
But also with Zvonareva, Benesova may use SE , so it will be around 106-107 cut off

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Muguruza Tsonga Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Thiem Krajinovic Rosol
Han Peng Zhangs Zhou Wangs ZhengSS Yangs Tian XuSL Liu

Giorgi Jovanovski Bencic Konjuh Petkovic Garcia Wawrinka Pospisil Tang
Zvonareva Peng Mladenovic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Vekic Kulichikova
M.P is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 9th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #302
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alison Van Uytvanck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brαm View Post
If Alison wins the Taipei final against Yanina she'll be ranked 100th
If she loses the final she should be ranked 108th which would give her direct entry into the AO main draw
Yes. If Alison wins she will be 100. But it's not as rosy as it sounds. The week afterwards Alison will drop her points for having won Equeurdreville last year. Hence she really does need to win the Taipei Open to give herself any chance of getting into the AO maindraw directly. It is possible even winning this event might still not be quite enough and if she could ask for a WC at one of the upcoming ITFs to gain a few additional points I think that would be a good move.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Nov 9th, 2013 at 04:02 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #303
country flag venusdemilo

venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all

I'm more of a lurker here than a regular poster. I realize she's a bit of an underdog against Wickmayer but I'm pulling for her to win here. Obviously win or lose it's already been a very good week for her, finals in singles and doubles This is the highest-level final she's contested am I right?

Last edited by venusdemilo : Nov 9th, 2013 at 02:27 PM.
venusdemilo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #304
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

When is the cut off? Isn't it already next week?
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #305
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorien. View Post
When is the cut off? Isn't it already next week?
Well I think it is normally six weeks before an event so with the Australian Open in mid January I would imagine the cutoff would be December 2nd unless I mistaken which is always possible. I'm no expert on these matters. Still, I suspect there are still some weeks left. That said, I don't see Alison's name in any draws after this week so if Alison does want to get some more points she will probably need a WC somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusdemilo View Post
I'm more of a lurker here than a regular poster. I realize she's a bit of an underdog against Wickmayer but I'm pulling for her to win here. Obviously win or lose it's already been a very good week for her, finals in singles and doubles This is the highest-level final she's contested am I right?
Sure is, and by a good margin. It's been a fine week. But I really hope she can keep it up and get that maindraw place at the AO. I think that's what she flew all the way to Taiwan for and it would be a shame for her to get so close to what at 1st looked like a very tough goal, and come up just short.
Old Nov 10th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #306
country flag Tully

Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold

Alison won the final 6-4 6-2!

Didnt face a single break point.

Such a great finish to the season but at the se time such a shame the season is over as she would be full of confidence now and ready to push for top 100.

See Alison look what happens when you travel outside Europe!

Anso & Ali - the rise begins ...

Lucie
Tully is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #307
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute

Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #308
country flag venusdemilo

venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all

Great job winning her biggest title to date, a 125K in Taipei with a straight-set victory over the #2 seed, her countrywoman Wickmayer. Anyone have pics, videos, articles, and interviews yet?

Last edited by venusdemilo : Nov 10th, 2013 at 03:44 PM.
venusdemilo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #309
Everybody's a star!!!

I'm hoping now Alison gets a place in the maindraw for the Australian Open. But if not she is playing well enough that she should be able to qualify. Regardless, I'm expecting really good things from Alison next year. Top 50 looks very realistic, but I would not be at all surprised if she does quite a bit better than that honestly.
Old Nov 10th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #310
country flag Barty_Tennisfan

Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice

In the rankings for next week, she's down to #109 again
Does that mean she can not qualify anymore for the main draw?
Barty_Tennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #311
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty_Tennisfan View Post
In the rankings for next week, she's down to #109 again
Does that mean she can not qualify anymore for the main draw?
It's going to be very very close. She might just squeak through or she might just fall short. I suspect it will come down to just one or two spots. We will just have to wait and see, it's much too close to call.

The one good thing is that if Alison does have to qualify she is playing well enough that she should be able to do it, although there are several other players ranked outside the top 100 who are playing pretty well too and obviously in such a scenario one would hope for a good draw.
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #312
country flag Bart

Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute

Alison is #1 in the race to Istanbul 2014. Hope she can keep it

http://www.wtatennis.com/race-singles-rankings
Bart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #313
country flag novinovi

novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future novinovi has a brilliant future

Congratulations Alison!The new star is born!And next year more ==>>

novinovi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #314
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Alison is #1 in the race to Istanbul 2014. Hope she can keep it

http://www.wtatennis.com/race-singles-rankings
I hope so
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #315
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has disabled reputation

dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote