Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 6th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #76
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyRose View Post
I'm just hoping her shoulder gets well enough so she can play again!
She is already back in training (On court as well) and she has said on a number of occasions that her shoulder is much better. I think she will be fine and be back by Brisbane.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 6th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #77
country flag Minimaa

Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold

Annacone is no longer Federer's coach. Think they split before Paris.

Am hopeful Maria will find the right coach for this next stage of her career. Am looking forward to 2014 for her, quite excited actually
Minimaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #78
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

In that case I think he could possibly be a good choice. He worked well with both Pete and Roger and teaches a aggressive style of play.

I'm excited too to see what 2014 will bring. Hopefully more like 2012 (and even better) and less like 2013.
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #79
country flag Minimaa

Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold

Agreed, think he could be a good fit for her.

Not sure if it's because 2014 is an even year (i know, I know) but I think this could be the turning point for Maria. She has had a great career, but needs another stellar year so that she can get the plaudits for her tennis that she deserves. She needs to fix the mental side of her game to defeat Serena, she has done it before she can do it again.
Minimaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #80
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

The longer it goes without her naming a coach, the more paranoid and concerned I'll be that she won't be ready for 2014. Of course, there's absolutely no reason why she can't make the announcement one day before Brisbane, but the silence terrifies me nonetheless!

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #81
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
The longer it goes without her naming a coach, the more paranoid and concerned I'll be that she won't be ready for 2014. Of course, there's absolutely no reason why she can't make the announcement one day before Brisbane, but the silence terrifies me nonetheless!
I'm not worried, Maria won 3 GS titles with her father as the main coach.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #82
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I agree. If she doesn't announce the new coach soon I think it'll be safe to assume she won't be ready for the beginning of the season.
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #83
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

She will play an exho against Ana on Dec 6 as planned, so I think we should just wait until then to see if she will play it or withdraw just like an exho last year in Seoul. Then we will know more about her recovery and if she's ready or not. Oh well but then she will have more than 3 weeks until Brisbane, so we don't know. Just wait to see any infos from her I guess.
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #84
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

OMG you guys are such drainers and sad sacks. Show a bit of positivity. How do you get through life with such a defeatist attitude. How do you know she isnt working with her new coach already? She can announce it whenever she wants. Dont always rush towards these pity party dramatics. I hope Maria never reads these threads.

Last edited by Andy. : Nov 8th, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #85
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
December 6th will tell us if she is ready or not; that's when her exhibition with Ivanovic is. If she shows up, she is fine; if not donotwanttothinkaboutit.
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #86
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehellenia. View Post
December 6th will tell us if she is ready or not; that's when her exhibition with Ivanovic is. If she shows up, she is fine; if not donotwanttothinkaboutit.
She is fine and will be there.
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #87
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
OMG you guys are such drainers and sad sacks. Show a bit of positivity. How do you get through life with such a defeatist attitude. How do you know she isnt working with her new coach already? She can announce it whenever she wants. Dont always rush towards these pity party dramatics. I hope Maria never reads these threads.
This. I'm all for a bit of reality but unrelenting pessimism just gets on my nerves.

And then there's that super intense psychoanalysis you see sometimes... "GUYS! she posted a tweet, at GMT -6 on a Sunday, and the attached image has shadows running perpendicular to the baseline... Where is she?! Is this real!! WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT HER MENTAL STATE"
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #88
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
You got upset over nothing, really. We are speculating possible scenarios and if_____ then______'s.
She said she's going to announce who the new coach is the 1st week of November, right? Was that a reliable source, btw? We haven't heard any news yet. Maybe she will announce it on Monday. Maybe she's waiting for an event to do it. Or maybe she's just not ready yet, in which case she'll probably wait which would be a smart thing to do.
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #89
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
You got upset over nothing, really. We are speculating possible scenarios and if_____ then______'s.
She said she's going to announce who the new coach is the 1st week of November, right? Was that a reliable source, btw?
It was Cronin she didn't promise anything...
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #90
WowWow
mhmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
It was Cronin she didn't promise anything...
I see. Even though he's not really likable, he's usually a reliable source.