Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #481
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan86 View Post
Nu am nicio indoiala ca in urmatorul lor meci direct, o va bate urat Simona
Eu ma feresc sa dau vreun pronostic, dar sper sa fie cum zici tu. Am retineri pentru ca am vazut ambele meciuri de anul trecut si in viata mea nu am vazut-o pe Simona mai neputincioasa, a fost umilita urat de tot. Stiu ce-o sa-mi zici, ca s-au intalnit cand Simona nu era Simona de azi iar Sloane era pe val, dar nu stiu ce sa cred... Am sperat sa joace semifinala la New Haven impreuna, doar ca sa-mi schimb parerea. Pana la urma a jucat tot cu Woz. Enfin, e de vazut urmatorul meci intre ele, macar sa fie unul la anul.
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 7th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #482
country flag drg

drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future

Sloane e o jucatoare foarte buna . Mie imi place mult de ea pentru ca are si forta si eleganta. Nu va fi deloc usor.
drg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #483
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

why are the latest posts in romanian ?

no english any more or what
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #484
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post
why are the latest posts in romanian ?

no english any more or what
Strange because Romanians don't usually like to gang up
codrutc is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #485
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

I hope we won't see another Pennetta syndrome with Slone. After seeing the game in Bastad i had a really bad feeling when they meet in US Open. There`s something about her game that makes Simona exceedingly uncomfortable...
s0higher is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #486
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
I hope we won't see another Pennetta syndrome with Slone. After seeing the game in Bastad i had a really bad feeling when they meet in US Open. There`s something about her game that makes Simona exceedingly uncomfortable...
My guess with flaia is that she plays more or less the same game as Simona, but we don't see much of that nowadays so even Simona herself didn't really know how to beat her.
I mean, simo can beat powerful players (like petra) by absorbing their power and defending their 1-2 shots before opening up the court and finish off.
She can defeat defensive players by accelerating her shots at once and being the aggressive one.

Same applies for flavia so probably simo lacked the experience against that kind of style and then you add the pressure of the moment + flavia extra motivated...

As for sloane the idea is similar, but the American is not as good as the other two, i think simo will turn the h2h soon

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #487
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
My guess with flaia is that she plays more or less the same game as Simona, but we don't see much of that nowadays so even Simona herself didn't really know how to beat her.
I mean, simo can beat powerful players (like petra) by absorbing their power and defending their 1-2 shots before opening up the court and finish off.
She can defeat defensive players by accelerating her shots at once and being the aggressive one.

Same applies for flavia so probably simo lacked the experience against that kind of style and then you add the pressure of the moment + flavia extra motivated...

As for sloane the idea is similar, but the American is not as good as the other two, i think simo will turn the h2h soon
I agree with you, simona can beat aggressive players, defensive players, strong serve ones, it`s just a matter of time until she reads their game and then takes it. But this hype between simona and slone is getting on my nerves. i just hope they will meet soon enough and simona will show her some of that great tennis that we all love
s0higher is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #488
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

i’m sure that simona will crash sloane in the first time they meet ..

we will see who is the hyped one
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #489
country flag Iaco

Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all

The new poll is up so go ahead and vote:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=621201

P.s Vote only for her(this for the Romanian fans) - in the QF i voted for Na and she took the first spot
Iaco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #490
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaco View Post
The new poll is up so go ahead and vote:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=621201

P.s Vote only for her(this for the Romanian fans) - in the QF i voted for Na and she took the first spot
I voted her, of course, but I couldn't refuse to vote for Stosur, also
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #491
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
Survey sample too small, in my book. We need to see a replay. The Pennetta syndrome is that the Halep-Pennetta U.S. Open match was stopped for rain at an exceedingly indeterminate moment. There's no generalizing from that strange match. That said, it was a major tournament, and Halep lost. American tennis commentators are themselves exceedingly few, but here is Serena's Blogger, who calls herself Savannah's World, discussing the year-end rankings:

"I am going to mention two players not in the top ten, Simona Halep and Sloane Stephens. She [Halep] had a very nice end to the year and won a total of six titles out of the blue. Fans are predicting her to take the top ten by storm. One thing about the WTA is that doing well on the International level and so so in the majors is a route to the top that many have taken in the past. JJ and Wozniacki of course come to mind. You just play as much as you can physically stand and suddenly you're in the top five or approaching the top three. Halep is going to have to play big tournaments better. She's going to have to get past Jelena, Angelique and Caroline. None of them are going to hold the door open for her." (Savannah's World)

True enough, and getting into big matches with these folks, Sloane Stephens included, ought to be Halep's goal for this upcoming season. Whether she plays Pennetta again doesn't concern me so much.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #492
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
The song was written 10 years ago - Zicu was a great hope in that time
A couple of months ago, it looked as Simona would go the same road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverdescants View Post
Survey sample too small, in my book. We need to see a replay. The Pennetta syndrome is that the Halep-Pennetta U.S. Open match was stopped for rain at an exceedingly indeterminate moment. There's no generalizing from that strange match. That said, it was a major tournament, and Halep lost. American tennis commentators are themselves exceedingly few, but here is Serena's Blogger, who calls herself Savannah's World, discussing the year-end rankings:

"I am going to mention two players not in the top ten, Simona Halep and Sloane Stephens. She [Halep] had a very nice end to the year and won a total of six titles out of the blue. Fans are predicting her to take the top ten by storm. One thing about the WTA is that doing well on the International level and so so in the majors is a route to the top that many have taken in the past. JJ and Wozniacki of course come to mind. You just play as much as you can physically stand and suddenly you're in the top five or approaching the top three. Halep is going to have to play big tournaments better. She's going to have to get past Jelena, Angelique and Caroline. None of them are going to hold the door open for her." (Savannah's World)

True enough, and getting into big matches with these folks, Sloane Stephens included, ought to be Halep's goal for this upcoming season. Whether she plays Pennetta again doesn't concern me so much.
True enough indeed, but what I personally always find amusing in these 'she has to do better in majors' discussion is that these always awake the impression that you will certainly have to face top opposition to reach the QF for example. This might be true for any unranked player, but Simona now ranked and seeded #11 could easily take advantage of a draw falling apart not even facing a Top 30 player until this stage for instance. With her current gamestyle I can't see her losing to any significantly lower ranked player taking in mind that she is not injured.

Look at Hantuchova's road to the US Open QF:

Sanchez
Duval
Glushko
Riske

In all honesty, this was the road to an American 50k ITF Final one year ago and doesn't look any more complicated than that now.

Simona's road to the title in Rosmalen:

Beck
Vinci
Tsurenko
Suarez Navarro
Flipkens

No comparison.

I hope she will once and for all receive a nice draw, play her game and get that GS QF
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #493
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Simona now ranked and seeded #11 could easily take advantage of a draw falling apart not even facing a Top 30 player until this stage for instance. With her current gamestyle I can't see her losing to any significantly lower ranked player taking in mind that she is not injured.F
Exactly. It would take a particularly bad day for her to lose early in a major, and with her last year's record in mind (what is it? like 13 losses total?) that seems less and less likely. But it has to play out. That said, I think it will.

The back-and-forth with Stephens fans over some silly award is not something to concern me, even in an off-season. I think Stephens herself is a fascinating player, really quite likable in a number of ways, though it's strange to me that the few times I've watched her being coached-on-court, she ignores this poor old man who is her coach, and the mind-game really is inscrutable with her. She's like a baseball hitter who sits, as they say here in the States, "dead-red," i.e., fastball up in the zone. She waits defensively for the ball she can slaughter. How much more I prefer to watch Halep!
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #494
country flag Stevessie

Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of

Stevessie is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 10th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #495
country flag Stevessie

Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of Stevessie has much to be proud of

This is the song mentioned by grs accompanied with images from her matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FkbV...ature=youtu.be
Stevessie is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread