~Petra Martic~ - Page 300 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 7th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #4486
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

No points lost on serve in the first three games, some solid and efficient serving from both with little gameplay.

http://e-tennis.tv/
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 7th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #4487
country flag Onslow

Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of

if she keeps this rate, she will have over 20 aces by the end of the match or maybe not if it's going to be a bagel...
Onslow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #4488
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, I had to leave at *2-3 in the first set and when I was able to check the score again the match was already over! Really surprising considering Friedsam played rather well in the games that I've seen.

Good win!
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #4489
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Overall a nice match from Petra. She was solid enough on serve, smart, patient when needed, and certainly left the impression of being the more experienced of the two on court. She could've done more in my opinion to draw her opponent forward, where ALF seems to feel less comfortable, or to come forward more herself (which is usually one of her strenghts) but I guess it wasn't necessary.

As for Friedsam, she definately has potential as a power player, she can hit wonderful groundstrokes and impose impressive pace into the rally, not to mention have a great use of her serve, but luckily for Petra, Friedsam's main weapon (serve) wasn't really working today and that made for a much easier job for Martic. Second set was not much of a contest cause, to my surprise, Friedsam pretty much folded over once she realized things aren't going the way she'd want them to this time - she should work on that attitude if she wants to make some real progress in terms of rankings. Technical abilities she's got, but that's not all that is needed to make a great player.

So this is another step closer to that AO MD spot in Melbourne, and I think all Petra needs is one more win, either here or in Dubai. Next up for her is probably Shvedova, who can be a very tricky opponent on her day, but luckily for Petra her day doesn't happen all too often. If Petra can repeat something similar to what she showed today I believe she can advance to the semis. But let's wait and see whom she'll play first.

Good job today Petra, congrats
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #4490
country flag Greco

Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Petra !

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #4491
country flag ma re

It'll be Kumkhum after all, a girl two years Petra's junior but with an almost identical ranking. She is very inconsistent and can play wonderfuly well on one tournament only to lose early and unexpectedly in the next one. Not long ago she had a nice showing in WTA Osaka, where she reached R2 from Q by beating King and Morita on the way (both in straight sets), only to get slashed by Bouchard 2 & 2. Something similar happened to her at the Australian Open, which was also one of the highlights of her year; there she also reached R2 from Q by taking out Arvidsson in straights, before losing to Hampton 1 & 2. Petra has never played her before, but I have a feeling she'll get ahead in their H2H tomorrow.

Good luck Petra!

Last edited by ma re : Nov 7th, 2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #4492
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Well, have you seen Eugenie play in Osaka? Anyone outside top 50 would get slashed.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #4493
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Well, have you seen Eugenie play in Osaka? Anyone outside top 50 would get slashed.
I believe she did play great, maybe I didn't choose my words too well, I'm aware of the fact that Bouchard is one of the hottest player out there at the moment - no shame in losing that.
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #4494
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Congrats, Petra! Very well played!

Petra seems to be a very good indoor player. A shame the WTA has dumped nearly all of the indoor tournaments.

By the way, does anyone know something about Petra's coaching situation? Does she really work with Görges' former fitness coach on a regular basis? On the ITF-Website Vedran Martic is named as her coach.
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #4495
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
By the way, does anyone know something about Petra's coaching situation? Does she really work with Görges' former fitness coach on a regular basis? On the ITF-Website Vedran Martic is named as her coach.
The latest info we have on the subject is that he is indeed her new full-time coach, ITF is probably just slow to update their facts (as usual). Vedran Martic is her 2nd coach, the same arrangement as before. You can read a translation of a small article on the subject in post #4334 a few pages back
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #4496
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
The latest info we have on the subject is that he is indeed her new full-time coach, ITF is probably just slow to update their facts (as usual). Vedran Martic is her 2nd coach, the same arrangement as before. You can read a translation of a small article on the subject in post #4334 a few pages back
Thanks!
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #4497
country flag ma re

Tomorrow on the same court an hour earlier than today (around 7:30AM CET) and in the doubles QF action on Center court some 4 hours after that. On a side note, the only seeded player left in the tournament is Wickmayer and she awaits the winner between Martic and Kumkhum (of course...).
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #4498
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

44 points, with a chance for an additional 41. Petra has an excellent opportunity to reach the SF and end the year on a high note. Good luck to her!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #4499
country flag ma re

Match has started (in case someone forgot), Petra ahead 2:1*.
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 06:59 AM   #4500
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

it was 6-3 1-1 when i started watching. petra hasn't won a single point since then