Bandwagon Schmandwagon. Halep is the real deal. - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 7th, 2013, 04:18 AM   #346
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bandwagon Schmandwagon. Halep is the real deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
That's because the ranking doesn't start from 0 every year. Now count the titles.

If you lok at the YE ranking, the ranking does indeed start from 0 every year.

Halep won 6 MM titles but at the big tournaments she achieved NOTHING. NADA. ZERO. ZILCH.

Advertisement

Old Nov 7th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #347
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post

Halep won 6 MM titles but at the big tournaments she achieved NOTHING. NADA. ZERO. ZILCH.

So when talking about Simona you consider Premier Tournaments as MM ? Considering the past champions in New Heaven and Moscow, it think she`s in the right place at this time, and hopefully she will have a carrier like Azarenka, Kvitova, JJ, or Wozniacki. As Simona said, one step at the time, started with MM, than Premier, TOC and if she`s healthy next year maybe we`ll see some bigger tournaments in her name. She came from 64 in the world up to 11, playing a great tennis, worked hard and made many sacrifices to be here, why do you always pick on her ?!?!
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #348
country flag drg

drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Next year would be her real challenge.
How she follows up this fantastic year to higher challenges, such as improving results at Grand Slams and Premi

Here is how she did this year

Grand Slams
AO 2013 OUT 1R out of form (better player in that moment won)
RG 2013 OUT 1R (she lost to CSN in tight match ,but for her CSN on clay is much harder than lot of top10)
WIMB 2013 OUT 2R(lost in 3 sets with Na Li , but with back injury , after she won 2 tournaments in row )
USO 2013 OUT 4R (She was not at her best beacuse she was again tired after 2 good tournaments in row , Cincy and NH)

Premier Mandatory
IW 2013 OUT 2R (out of form)
MIAMI 2013 OUT 3R(not bad result )
MADRID 2013 OUT 1R (in a recent interview she said this was the click of her breakthrough , i dont know what happened in this match with LDL )
BEIJING 2013 OUT 1R (shoulder injury , she recover this injury with few days before Moscow)
after Rome her main problem was the schedule before GS's . But after this year , this was a good choice from her beacuse now she has a solid game and a lot of cofidence
drg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #349
country flag drg

drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future

Quote:

except Azarenka no one from your sig is better than Simona , shut up you troll. What are you trying to say after your all post about her in the last week ? I just dont understand you.

Last edited by drg : Nov 7th, 2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #350
country flag DcsabaS

DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of DcsabaS has much to be proud of

Quote:

In those big tournaments Halep were usually not seeded, but in many cases even had the play qualification! So, why do you think, that she'll not be able to achieve MUCH better in 2014 being a seeded player? (And after she had so many experience this year to beat former Word No.1s, GS winners, and current top10-top30 players?)
(By the way: only the RACE starts from 0 every year, not the ranking.)
DcsabaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #351
country flag drg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcsabaS View Post
In those big tournaments Halep were usually not seeded, but in many cases even had the play qualification! So, why do you think, that she'll not be able to achieve MUCH better in 2014 being a seeded player? (And after she had so many experience this year to beat former Word No.1s, GS winners, and current top10-top30 players?)
(By the way: only the RACE starts from 0 every year, not the ranking.)
He is a troll , he is full of hate. No one said she will be multiple Grand Slam winner . But from his posts , he consider her top40-50 player.

Before Moscow , SImona was underrated on this forum, after her solid game there , lot of people , who maybe didn't saw her recently , liked her. And now her haters from the past are envious .

le:maybe there are some who want from her more than she is capable , but they are not totally insane. Her rank in race since ROME is 5-6 .

I dont agree with the ones who overrate her furure(but u can't condemn them , the future is not written , but you can condemn the ones who deny the present)

Last edited by drg : Nov 7th, 2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #352
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
after Rome her main problem was the schedule before GS's . But after this year , this was a good choice from her beacuse now she has a solid game and a lot of cofidence
Agree with all this but was it just bad luck she was injured/tired during the bigger tournaments? She didn't seem to have such problems with the 6 titles she won...
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #353
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

This thread

Adrian. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #354
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand the skeptism.....because Simona performed so poorly at the majors, but is still ranked this high. It's the question: is she ranked because she's this good and the best is yet to come..or is her ranking 'artificially' inflated because she played ( and won of course) enough lower events?

In the ideal world you want to build your ranking up by doing well at the majors and other big tourneys...so next year obviously she'll have to plan her schedule better so that she can be fresh at the majors and then we'll see if she can still mantain her ranking.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #355
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
except Azarenka no one from your sig is better than Simona , shut up you troll. What are you trying to say after your all post about her in the last week ? I just dont understand you.

Yeah I see. Understanding is not your thing.

Hypeleptards
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #356
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hypeleptards
rude
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #357
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hypeleptards
Well, many users that are not Halep's fans posted in this thread and called you a troll. So, could you just go and stop trolling? Nobody is interested in you saying the same thing with no real arguments.

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #358
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentmoon View Post
rude
It,s not rude for a good wile. It's an ignorant troll and a hater!!!!
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #359
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcsabaS View Post
In those big tournaments Halep were usually not seeded, but in many cases even had the play qualification!
so true. In many tournaments, by the time she got to the Main Draw, she had already played 2 or 3 matches.
People are annoyed that Halep overtook their "beloved, hyped and Sloaned" favorite. I don't think they mean all the mean things they are saying about Halep. They are just hurting. I feel sorry for the Halep's haters. Because Halep is here to stay. By the end of the Aussie Open, she'll be a solid top-10.

Halep is an exciting player. She knows when to calm down.... when to turn it up.... when to go on the attack. She can sense her opponent and figure out how to maneuver out of trouble, without bringing her coach on-court.

She is a very independent thinker out there. I wish we had more girls like Halep, instead of some cry babies who run to their coaches 10 times in a single set. "That's disrespectful".
Serve2Win is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #360
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentmoon View Post
rude

Not any less rude that telling me to shut or calling me troll.
I'm only giving the Hypeleptards back what they deserve.