Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 06:54 PM   #166
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign

Prediction: Mirjana Lucic-Baroni wins Barnstaple. You heard it here, first.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 09:18 PM   #167
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Well, I hope you're right. But, aren't there question marks about her fitness for that tournament? Or, do you know the scoop on her retirement from yesterday's match?
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #168
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

^ No, no inside scoop whatsoever. But reading between the lines, her fitness issue is obviously not troubling enough to cause her to withdraw from Barnstaple and make her way back to Florida, which she would have done quickly if it was serious. Thus, I'm guessing she tweaked something and decided not to risk more trouble so that she knows she can at least play the next two events. And I don't think she was thrilled with her draw in Poitiers, anyhow. Not saying she "quit" against Hradecka, but my guess is that she was not broken hearted to have to withdraw as a fitness precaution.

And Barnstaple is full of weaker players she should pounce upon as a seed, with Riske and others likely going to be very tired by the time they get there. If Miki is fresh and rested, I don't think any lack of practice will hurt her at this point on these surfaces. I predict that the stars will align for her and she'll win that $75K ... if she plays it.
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #169
country flag mikireturns

So much for optimistic predictions. Lucic OUT of both Barnstaple and the Florida $50K at Captiva Island.

Done for the year, apparently, and also "finished" are her hopes for a Top 100 finish and a guaranteed MD berth at the OZ Open.

She'll lose about 60 points and tumble down to around 110 or 111, perhaps.

So unfortunate. Her luck is up and down. Aside from a fine prize-money and rankings boost from doubles play, as well as a doubles circuit title and Wimbledon doubles QF, her year has seen greatly improved tennis, I believe, but her results have been unremarkable, maybe because she has concentrated almost entirely on WTA events, which needs to be taken into account. She hasn't gotten anywhere, but she hasn't fallen, either. For so many WTA level events, it's not as bad as it looks. Also, it's now four consecutive years she has maintained that 106-120 rating.

Again, considering how wildly so many of her peers have fluctuated in the last four years, Miki's "consistency" as a Bubbling Under the Hot 100 player has been remarkable.

So many chances again this year for her to have broken through and made a solid leap in the rankings. Had she won against Lisicki in Birmjngham, or Navarro at Wimbledon or Vickery at the US Open (worst loss ever for her) and avoided the misfortune of injury at the end of the season, her story would be different. I mention Vickery as being the worst loss because this was a girl who never before won even a tour-level match, the draw was unbelievable for Miki, and Vickery hasn't done squat since. Whatever happened to Miki that day, it cost her a lot.

(She has much to be very proud of, though, having earned well over a quarter of a million bucks this year )

Mainly glad she got that Joues-les-Tours title, though. It was well-deserved and long overdue. She's leaving Europe with a singles champion trophy for Christmas. She really tried to put a big finish on the year. Her body just wasn't having it. She deserves lots of credit for trying.

Where she goes from here ... Hard to say. Maybe Prpic can help her overcome the mental difficulties in 2014, but a big key was building off of the Joes-Les-Tours win. Now it's back to the drawing board.

If she falls into the 150-180 range next year, she ought to hang it up.

On the other hand, she has a much better chance for earning points by playing Oz Open quallies.

See y'all next year and Happy Holidays ... whatever your holidays might be.

Last edited by mikireturns : Oct 25th, 2013 at 02:03 AM.
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #170
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

I really think she would have done good enogh in Poiters and UK for TOP100 end of they year. But there was no luck.
With changes in ranking system, she's gonna have tough year..Will have to serously get her rank higher or will have to stop doubles with Jankovic(becuase she can not afford to play so many big tournaments while points are gifted at challengers)
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #171
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Are we sure her season is over. Maybe, she can play some challenger in November and get some pts.
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #172
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there are two chances: Toyota 75k but I doubt she'll go there.
Other, even less likely to happen: 4 25k's in Mexico at the end of November/start of December.
That second idea might actually not be that bad. 25k's in Mexico are always very WEAK and 4 wins would mean 200 points. Even 2 would maybe to it for AO MD and better position for 2014

I mean, I don't even know how much is she losing in next weeks, but 4 titles in mexico could bring her up to TOP 80(!)
I really think she should try to play at least 2. She doesn't even have to be in best form to win those.
Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM   #173
ajmo!

Pliskova Kr. now in Barnstaple final
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #174
country flag SERVivor

Captiva Island field is a joke. Everyone good pulled out. Could have gotten a lot of pts. there.
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #175
ajmo!

tHIS WEEKS RANKINGS ARE YEAR ENDING RANKINGS..SHE IS ONLY 17 POINTS AWAY FROM TOP 100..SUCH A SHAME FOR THAT WHAT HAPPENED IN POITERS
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #176
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Top 100 is less important than MD AO, which I think she would just barely get into. When is the cut-off date for that?
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #177
country flag SERVivor

I noticed she didn't fall in the rankings this week (today) even though her SF pts. from New Braunfels TX fell off. Is this because of best of 16. It's hard to believe she has 16 results better than that SF.
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #178
country flag SERVivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
tHIS WEEKS RANKINGS ARE YEAR ENDING RANKINGS..SHE IS ONLY 17 POINTS AWAY FROM TOP 100..SUCH A SHAME FOR THAT WHAT HAPPENED IN POITERS
I would think the Australian Open would use the year end rankings. She was 104 at the 11/4 rankings. I think that will get her into the Australian Open.
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 10:52 PM   #179
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
I would think the Australian Open would use the year end rankings. She was 104 at the 11/4 rankings. I think that will get her into the Australian Open.
I hope so, although I think the last big ITF's of the year (Dubai/Egypt/Toyota) will factor in as well, which probably isn't good news for someone like Miki who is on the bubble and done playing for the year.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #180
ajmo!

If she was injury free I think she would finish this season extremly strong in Poiters and Barnstaple.