Sachia 'Minaj' Vickery Thread - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #616
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sachia 'Minaj' Vickery Thread

Pulled out off Captiva Island, FL, also pull out of Toronto last week I guessing she will be heading into offseason due too the fact she tweeted this
Quote:
Help me!! Where should I go for vacation?! It can be anywhere! I have one day to decide!
maybe it for the best cause she can rest and train for next year & come back better I think she will finish the year inside the top 200 which should help her enter the slam for next year and small event so I hoping next year be very good for her

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 6th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #617
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

From Twitter

Quote:
Sachia Vickery will replace Oudin in the Aussie Open WC Playoffs, while @bjornFrat joins the men's field. One men's spot left.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #618
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Good choice USTA
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 04:12 AM   #619
country flag Trey

Sachia Vickery enjoying well deserved holiday in Guyana

Quote:
Back home in the country of her parents’ birth, world # 182 ranked tennis player Sachia Vickery is enjoying a well deserved holiday after what she described as a terrific year in her career.
Vickery, who was born on November 5, 1995 in the USA, flew into Guyana with mom Paula Liverpool on Wednesday evening to commence a two-week vacation just before she embarks on rigorous off-season preparations ahead of the start of the 2014 season.
Speaking with Kaieteur Sport yesterday at the Princess Hotel

where she is staying, Vickery, who made it to the second round of this year’s US Open Championship, described the season as the best in her career to date.
“Making the draw at the US Open this year is definitely the high point since it was always a dream of mine to play at the highest level and to achieve that is something I will always remember,” Vickery said.
Vickery, who defeated former Wimbledon semi-finalist Mirjana Lucic 6-4, 6-4 in her first round match, before losing to qualifier Julia Glushko 5-7, 3-6 disclosed both matches were tough, but pointed to a bit of nervousness as a strong factor for the loss.
“I had chances to win, but because I was a bit nervous, especially since I was playing in my first Grand Slam event I made some errors, but let us not forget that both of those players are very tough players,” she reminded.
The strongly built right-handed player who packs a powerful forehand is highly regarded on the Circuit as one of the emerging stars in the game in the USA and the world.
Quizzed on whether she will be much better next time and whether she will be able to cope with the pressure of playing on the ‘big’ stage, Vickery informed that she will be much better prepared to handle the big occasion and the atmosphere of playing in front of a large crowd.
“I have the fight and determination I work real hard and see no reason why I should not be out there with the best players in the world,” she stated.
She said that her goal for the upcoming season is to be ranked in the Top 100 and if she is able to get ranked even higher then it will be a great achievement.
Vickery, who is also taking the time to nurse a slight back injury, revealed that recovery is going well and she expects to be fully fit in time for off-season training, before heading off to Australia to compete.
She told this newspaper that she starts out at the Brisbane Open then move on to the Auckland Open in New Zealand, before heading back to Australia for the Sydney Open and ends the sojourn with the Australian Open in Melbourne.
According to her, next year she plans to travel to compete extensively and she is gearing herself for the rigorous schedule.
Asked to comment on the young stars from the USA that has emerged recently namely Victoria Duval, Sloane Stephens and herself, Vickery said everyone has been working hard and the Programme is a tremendous one and geared to develop talented players.
She said she has had good success against some of the best juniors in the USA so she knows all about them.
Vickery was given the opportunity to highlight the major influences in her career and she identified her Mom, the USTA for recognising her talent and willing to join forces with her, Otis Johnson, who was one of the earliest to work with her, Nick Bolleteri, Bill Adams, who was always there as a mentor Kathy Rinaldi, her Coach on the USTA among others.
Meanwhile, Liverpool’s wish for her daughter is for her to be the best that she can be and hopefully accomplish the goals that she set for herself.
She said Sachia singlehandedly brought her ranking into the 200’s because most of 2012 she travelled without a Coach, but it was her determination to achieve that goal that was so inspiring.
Liverpool thanked GOD for blessing her with a daughter who is determined to make it to the top.

Old Dec 20th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #620
country flag Trey

WOn her first match Beating the Number 1 seeded player at event

QF: Sachia Vickery def. Madison Brengle 4-6, 6-4, 6-3

Old Dec 20th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #621
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Big win!! Congrats Sachia!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #622
jkelley94

jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all

Way to go, Sachia! And thanks for the article, Trey. Between her, Duval, & Min, players from immigrant families representing at the wild card playoffs! Great to see her so motivated. Top 100 would be a HUGE jump but it's not by any means impossible.
jkelley94 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 07:45 PM   #623
country flag Trey

QF: Sachia Vickery def. Madison Brengle 4-6, 6-4, 6-3
SF: Sachia Vickery def. Grace Min 6-3, 6-7, 6-4
F: Sachia Vickery v. Victoria Duval

Old Dec 21st, 2013, 07:48 PM   #624
country flag Trey

She made comeback in both of her matches, in her QF match against Madison she was down 64 32 and came back and won 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 & today against Grace she was down 4-1 in the third set and made an come back to take the third set 6-4

Old Dec 21st, 2013, 07:59 PM   #625
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Sachia!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 01:28 AM   #626
country flag Trey

Duval, Vickery Advance to USTA Australian Open Wild Card Final

Quote:
Vicky Duval’s left knee held up today long enough to survive top seed Shelby Rogers to advance to tomorrow’s USTA Australian Open Wild Card Playoff Final at Lifetime Athletic in Norcross, Georgia. Rogers did her best to move Duval all over the court to exploit the health advantage, but Duval’s accuracy allowed her to hold off the South Carolinian by a score of 6-4, 7-5. Rogers was out of the facility and on her way to pack for her long flight to New Zealand after a very quick shower.

Quote:
#168 Duval will face Sachia Vickery in tomorrow’s final after a long and pushing match against Grace Min. It was not a pretty one to watch, as both players simply tried to wear each other down with long but unimpressive rallies. “We played and trained together so much, we really know each other’s games well”, Vickery admitted after the 4-6, 7-6, 6-4 grind.

Quote:
Both finalists have reached the second round of a major before, and one will earn a direct chance to do it again. Vickery won their only pro meeting 6-0, 6-4 in Midland qualifying earlier this year. Vickery says she would expect a closer result tomorrow. Colette Lewis and others on twitter quickly and correctly pointed out that these players are hardly strangers, with several previous encounters as juniors.

Since no one else will probably say it, I will. I think it is a testament to the growth of tennis that two African-American young women will meet for this title tomorrow. Even with the success of Sloane Stephens, Stephens and the Williams have been the exception rather than the rule in American tennis. This is a significant achievement for pro tennis and bodes well for the future interest in the women’s game in the United States.

Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 01:44 AM   #627
country flag Trey

Duval, Vickery Meet in Australian Open Wild Card Playoffs Finals

Quote:
Victoria Duval and Sachia Vickery will meet in the Australian Open Wild Card Playoffs finals after overcoming tough tests in the respective semifinals. Duval took on top seed Shelby Rogers in the first women's semi. Despite having her left knee heavily taped, Duval was not impeded in her movement as she secured an early break of serve. The 18-year-old Duval soon closed out the first set 6-4 with a crosscourt forehand winner. Though she would go up an early break of serve to start the second set, Duval couldn't maintain her lead. Rogers kept up the pressure and, in a long sixth game, broke back to level the set at 3-all. Duval would once again break Rogers to allow her to serve for the match at 5-4. But Duval was broken again allowing Rogers to level the set at 5-all. Rogers couldn't keep up her momentum though as she double faulted to hand the break back at 6-5. That would allow Duval to serve for the finals again. She made no mistake this time as she soon converted on her first match point to secure the 6-4, 7-5 win. “First time playing her so I knew she was a powerful player,” Duval said about taking on Rogers. “So I knew I had to play smart and I think I did that pretty well.” Vickery Outlasts Min in Three Sets Sachia Vickery, this year's USTA Girls' 18 national champion, took on a familiar opponent in Grace Min in the second semi. Both players train with each other, and because both play a similar compact baseline game, this match proved too close to call. Vickery secured the first set 6-3 thanks to a Min forehand error. But Min bounced back by jumping out to a 4-0 lead in the second set. Yet more errors from Min allowed Vickery to climb back to 4-all. A tiebreak was needed and it was Min who took advantage of an early lead to go on and claim the set 7-6(3). Min again took charge in the third set as she held at 3-1 lead. But Vickery battled back with some aggressive play in the final stages of the match. With a crosscourt backhand winner, Vickery soon closed out the 6-3, 6-7(3), 6-4 win to send her into the finals. Vickery last defeated Duval in Midland, Texas earlier this year. The winner of Sunday's finals will be awarded a main draw wildcard into next month's Australian Open.

Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 01:54 AM   #628
country flag Trey

Duval, Vickery, Johnson and Sandgren to play for USTA Aussie Open wildcards

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with spending a relaxing Saturday afternoon watching four competitive tennis matches featuring young American tennis pros with a wildcard to the 2014 Australian Open on the line.

This weekend in Norcross, Georgia is about "opportunity." An opportunity to play in one of tennis' majors and get some serious momentum going as 2014 is a little over a week away.

Sachia Vickery sees that opportunity. Vickery outlasted Grace Min 6-3, 6-7, 6-4 in Min's hometown and moved into Sunday's women's final.

The 2013 USTA Girls' 18 national champ was clicking on all cylinders during a first set where Mon did not have an answer for Vickery's power.

Min took the second second set after almost blowing a 4-0 lead to make it go three.

Vickery said it was a difficult match.

"I'm used to playing longer rally's and longer points," explained Vickery about some of the mistakes she made during the match. "You can just try to do your best and not think too much about what they know about your game."

Vickery used her backhand to close out the match and she says it's one of her favorite shots, especially the high backhand.

"I think it is because I'm not as big as other girls... I use it to get back into points."

Vickery will next take on a good friend in Victoria Duval. Duval fought off a big comeback from top-seeded Shelby Roger to take the win 6-4, 7-5.

Vickery holds a 1-0 record over Duval in professional matches.

Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 06:51 PM   #629
country flag Trey

She won the Finals and got an WC into the Aussie Open Go Sachia

QF: Victoria Duval def. Maria Sanchez 7-5, 7-5
SF: Victoria Duval def Shelby Rogers 6-4, 7-5
F: Sachia Vickery def Victoria Duval 6-2 6-3

Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 06:52 PM   #630
country flag Trey

Didn't see the match stream wasn't working for me I hope it record & will appear on Youtube