Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig - Page 122 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #1816
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig

i Think what Ya need too understand & look at it as it not about just playing weak field, if she just play Premier event like I said before she will nine time outta ten draw an seeded player in the first round like Vika, Serena, Maria, Aga so on which can cause many first round loses and also her dropping down in the ranking but if she is too play 4-5 International this year she have an better chance in making an QF-F or even winning an title or two which can help her raise in the ranking an also be seeded for events like IW & Miami where she wont have too face player like Serena & Vika in the first round, is she seeded she will play them in the 3rd-F so that the point of playing International to help the ranking too be an seeded player at event like Premier & Slam where she won't have too face seeded players so early & to win her first title. I think she should play some dubs this year as well too help her get better at the net & volley but she should just play dubs at slams and events like IW & Miami

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 11th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #1817
country flag Davidspell

Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of

In what ranking the AO cut-off is made?

Strasbourg and Rising Stars Champion

Current live ranking: #61

Paula Badosa Gibert
Davidspell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #1818
country flag jalusbrian

jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
THis year I think she should play some more International event she might can have better chance at making an final, I think playing
Hobart or Sydney next would be an good idea as well consider the field there usually be weak
By 'weak' you mean fewer or no top 10 players :however I've been to Sydney in 2012 and it had a very strong field with several top 10 players
Absence of top 10 doesn't mean a weak field or even bad tennis :indeed e I've seen very good tennis where you see a 'weak' field
jalusbrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #1819
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney was Strong in 2012 do too the fact Brisbane was not an Premier event back then I highly doubt player like Rena, Vika & Maria will play back too back event like Brisbane & Sydney Now. Only top 10 players that might play Sydney now day is Caro, Aga, & Angie. & I know Absence of top 10 doesn't mean a weak field or even bad tennis All I'm saying is once again that her chances are better at making an final or winning an title by playing more International then playing back to back Premier event when being unseeded & by her being unseeded where she could face an seeded player the first round. Plus if she is too play International an do well she can improve her ranking an become seeded for the bigger events

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 03:17 AM   #1820
country flag jalusbrian

jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Sydney was Strong in 2012 do too the fact Brisbane was not an Premier event back then I highly doubt player like Rena, Vika & Maria will play back too back event like Brisbane & Sydney Now. Only top 10 players that might play Sydney now day is Caro, Aga, & Angie. & I know Absence of top 10 doesn't mean a weak field or even bad tennis All I'm saying is once again that her chances are better at making an final or winning an title by playing more International then playing back to back Premier event when being unseeded & by her being unseeded where she could face an seeded player the first round. Plus if she is too play International an do well she can improve her ranking an become seeded for the bigger events
Brisbane was a premier event in 2012 : it says do on wiki entry for wta premier events
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 03:26 AM   #1821
country flag Trey

I Guess I mean It no Problem for her too play Premier event here an there I just think she should play more International next year for she to improve her ranking for the events like the slam & like I said on couple post back she will have play Permier event like IW & Miami so I don't think Sydney would hurt if she is too play there next year if she is too play an top player there it will give her an taste of how the top player play an help her with experience & like I said on my last post I don't think Sydney going be as packed as Brisbane so at the most the only top 10 player that going be there is Sara, Caro, Aga, Angie & I think Monica if she at her best can give them an changelle

Old Nov 11th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #1822
country flag Trey

to me her 2014 Schedule she look something like

1. ASB Classic
2. Sydney
3. Australian Open
4. Qatar Total Open
5. Dubai
6. BNP Paribas Open
7. Sony Open Tennis
8. Family Circle Cup
9. Portugal Open
10. Madrid
11. Rome
12. French Open
13. AEGON International
14. Wimbledon
15. Istanbul Cup
16. Citi Open
17. Rogers Cup
18. Western & Southern Open
19. US Open
20. Toray Pan Pacific Open
21. Wuhan Tennis Open
22. China Open
23. Osaka

Old Nov 12th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #1823
country flag Trey

WTA ‏@WTA 1h
#WTA Newcomer of the Year? @GenieBouchard, @Madison_Keys or @MonicaAce93

Old Nov 12th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #1824
country flag Davidspell

Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of

Quote:
WTA ‏@WTA 1h
#WTA Newcomer of the Year? @GenieBouchard, @Madison_Keys or @MonicaAce93
I'm 99% sure she will not win it, although I want so!

Paula Badosa Gibert
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 02:34 AM   #1825
country flag Boricua #1
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidspell View Post
I'm 99% sure she will not win it, although I want so!
Genie will win it. But it is meaningful that she was nominated. To be a top-three is impressive.
Boricua #1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2013, 11:02 AM   #1826
country flag Davidspell

2014 ASB Classic Entry List:

Full line-up for the 2014 ASB Classic

World number 14 Roberta Vinci - Photo Credit - www.photosport.co.nz
November 20, 2013

In one of the most exciting years to date, the NZ Festival of Tennis is thrilled to announce the ASB Classic full field. Joining the already strong draw which includes two Grand Slam Singles champions, two former world number ones and a former champion as well as eight players ranked inside the world’s top 30.

Joining the already announced Venus Williams and Ana Ivanovic, will be world number 14 Roberta Vinci, Kirsten Flipkins (20), Sorana Cirstea (22), Elena Vesina (25), Jamie Hampton (28), and Lucie Safarova (29).

Tennis fans will also be excited to catch local hero, Marina Erakovic, who won her first WTA Singles tournament this year in Memphis –the first time a New Zealander has won a WTA Singles title since Belinda Caldwell in 1989. Marina also reached the third round of the French Open and Wimbledon in a career best year for the Aucklander.

This year’s top seed Roberta Vinci (Italy) will join the tournament after a year which saw her achieve a career-high ranking of world number 11, take home two WTA Singles titles, and reach the Quarter Finals of the US open, as well as the third round of the Australian Open, where she also won the Grand Slam Doubles title with her fellow compatriot, Sara Errani. Vinci comes to Auckland as the number one ranked doubles player in the world.

“To have a field featuring eight players in the worlds top 30 as well as Venus, Marina and former champion (Wickmayer) means fans will catch outstanding tennis no matter which session they attend,” says Tournament Director, Karl Budge.

“With the likes of Venus, Wickmayer and renowned giant killer Laura Robson all being outside the protected seeds, we will see some very tough match ups in the first two days.”

The 2014 ASB Classic field will offer a truly international line-up, celebrating world-class tennis on the local stage at the NZ Festival of Tennis.

“This year marks our eighteenth year of bringing world class women’s tennis to Auckland with the 2014 ASB Classic,” says ASB Chief Executive Barbara Chapman.

“With such a stellar line up of players, the upcoming tournament will see one of the strongest lineups ever in New Zealand, offering a unique experience to local tennis fans.”

Full Field announcements join already announced players Venus Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Laura Robson, and Monica Puig.

The 2014 ASB Classic runs from 30 December this year to 4 January 2014
Tickets are available from Ticketek
www.festivaloftennis.co.nz

As well as centre court tickets – the NZ Festival of Tennis has introduced the all-new Ground Pass, for just $15. The Ground Pass lets fans watch every match live on a giant screen at the Heineken Baseline Live-site throughout the tournaments, along with daily music performances, entertainment offerings, and premium dining.

All centre court matches for the ASB Classic will be screened live on SKY TV from the scheduled start of play at midday.

ASB Classic Full Field
30 December 2013 – 4 January 2014
ASB Tennis Arena, Auckland

World ranking, Name, Country

14 Roberta Vinci (Italy)
16 Ana Ivanovic (Serbia)
20 Kirsten Flipkins (Belgium)
22 Sorana Cirstea (Romania)
25 Elena Vesnina (Russia)
28 Jamie Hampton (USA)
29 Lucie Safarova (Czech Republic)
34 Mona Barthel (Germany)
41 Karin Knapp (Italy)
45 Laura Robson (Great Britain)
47 Marina Erakovic (New Zealand)
48 Venus Williams (USA)
50 Yvonne Meusburger (Austria)
51 Yanina Wickmayer (Belgium)
55 Monica Puig (Puerto Rico)
57 Alison M Riske (USA)
60 Ayumi Morita (Japan)
62 Alexandra Cadantu (Romania)
63 Paula Ormaechea (Argentina)
64 Garbine Muguruza (Spain)
67 Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic)
67 SR Iveta Benesova (Czech Republic)
68 Christina M McHale (USA)
71 Lourdes Dominguez Lino (Spain)

What do you think?

Paula Badosa Gibert
Old Nov 22nd, 2013, 11:04 AM   #1827
country flag Davidspell

Sorry, I didn't expect to paste all the article!

Paula Badosa Gibert
Old Nov 22nd, 2013, 01:06 PM   #1828
country flag jalusbrian

guess who is back in 2014 in new zealand
64 Garbine Muguruza (Spain)
Old Nov 22nd, 2013, 03:37 PM   #1829
country flag Trey

Not an bad field if she can get an decent side of the draw I think she can make an good run here come 2014

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #1830
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Update: Monica is playing Hobart (MD) the week before the AO
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote