The Sofa: for off topic chat. - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 1st, 2013, 07:13 AM   #16
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: The Sofa: for off topic chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
Oh so you know of the bet he had with BlueTrees too?
Thought everyone knew that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #17
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Never posted here before but I love Laura .

I'd like her to achieve the following in 2014:

Win 2 titles.
Reach top 20.
Reach a GS QF and 4R

I think that's doable .

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #18
country flag AshBolt

AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post

Win 2 titles.
Reach top 20.
Reach a GS QF and 4R

I think that's doable .
Those are some good goals. I would also add beat Bouchard and Stephens...at least once, just to prove she can.
AshBolt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #19
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Win 2 titles.
Reach top 20.
Reach a GS QF and 4R

I think that's doable .
Fancy seeing you here

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind
AnnieIWillKnow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #20
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Fancy seeing you here
lol, I know.

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 01:45 AM   #21
country flag jay holter

jay holter is a splendid one to behold jay holter is a splendid one to behold jay holter is a splendid one to behold jay holter is a splendid one to behold jay holter is a splendid one to behold jay holter is a splendid one to behold jay holter is a splendid one to behold jay holter is a splendid one to behold jay holter is a splendid one to behold jay holter is a splendid one to behold jay holter is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Win 2 titles.
Reach top 20.
Reach a GS QF and 4R

I think that's doable .
I like that, those are good sensible goals and well within the realm of possibility if she puts in the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBolt View Post
Those are some good goals. I would also add beat Bouchard and Stephens...at least once, just to prove she can.
Keys as well, I mean she is GOAT after all so it'd be nice for Laura to get a win over her.
jay holter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #22
country flag James Wolfe

James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBolt View Post
I like Pops Maellard's suggested goals too. Beating Stephens and Bouchard is also well within Laura's capacity. She was actually carrying a back injury when she lost to Stephens at the Australian Open, and was only serving at half-pace. Even so, the match was well contested and would probably have gone down to the wire if Laura had been fully fit. She had tremendous crowd support. Her negative head-to-head record against Bouchard is also rather deceptive: both the defeats - at an ITF event last year, and at Charleston on clay this year - occurred when she was off-form and out of sorts. Nevertheless, Bouchard's game has moved on by leaps and bounds since then and it would be interesting to see what would happen now. What I would like to see is a match between them with both on top form.

Laura should set herself one another goal for the New Year: to stop throwing in the towel when she's taken to a deciding set! On far too many occasions in the spring, she came agonisingly close to beating the likes of Alizé Cornet, Sofia Arvidsson, and Domugnez Lolno in straight sets - she even had a matchpoint against Lolno - only to give up when she failed to convert the opportunity. I know it must be frustrating when you fail to close a match you're in control of, but true champions have the ability to quickly shut out the memory of missed opportunities and regroup for the start of the third set. Laura's attitude is still immature: she sulks and throws away 3 or 4 games on the trot.

One last thing: NO MORE LOSSES TO AYUMI MORITA! PLEASE!!
James Wolfe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #23
country flag James Wolfe

James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold James Wolfe is a splendid one to behold

* A footnote to the above. Whatever goals Laura has set herself for 2014 - and I'm sure she has several - I hope she rediscovers her love of tennis. Her disenchantment with the game - triggered, I'm sure, by her joyless coaching relationship with Krajan - was palpable this season and contributed to her numerous losses from commanding positions. At times I think she wanted to be anywhere but on the court.

Laura plays at her best when she is in a cheerful and relaxed frame of mind. Her recent post on Facebook about the start of her off-season training gives cause for optimism. She sounds revitalised and genuinely excited about the hard work that needs to be done.
James Wolfe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #24
country flag AshBolt

AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light AshBolt is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Wolfe View Post

Laura plays at her best when she is in a cheerful and relaxed frame of mind. Her recent post on Facebook about the start of her off-season training gives cause for optimism. She sounds revitalised and genuinely excited about the hard work that needs to be done.
I feel really optimistic about 2014.. She's basically in the exact same position she was at the start of 2013, which can be put down as a year of learning and now she can get down to business.
AshBolt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #25
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post
Oh so you know of the bet he had with BlueTrees too?
Another new username? What happened to BodyElectric?
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #26
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Darn, now I can't make puns at her name's expense. There's a whole world of shocking(ly bad) jokes to be made.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #27
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Another new username? What happened to BodyElectric?
Wanted a change. Royals is that change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysisGOAT View Post
Darn, now I can't make puns at her name's expense. There's a whole world of shocking(ly bad) jokes to be made.
I couldn't think of any puns? omg what jokes? I'm so lost here.
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #28
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post
I couldn't think of any puns? omg what jokes? I'm so lost here.
You can't think of any jokes that can be made about an electric body? Most of them are pretty Tasedless, I guess.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #29
country flag boggoTHEgoat

boggoTHEgoat is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone here get in on the Twiter Q&A she did today? I asked her who her next coach was and she replied.....

no I didn't

I actually asked: 'How do you have such perfect teeth?'
Her reply: 'I had a proper shark mouth when I was younger. Spent a lot of time at my dentist.'
boggoTHEgoat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #30
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Haha I saw that!

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind
AnnieIWillKnow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote