Fed Cup finals - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 1st, 2013, 07:12 PM   #31
country flag JimM

JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fed Cup finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeh37 View Post
I understand the Russian injury troubles. But I seriously thing Sergei needs his head checking.

To accept that they aren't going to win is terrible. You're in the final anything can happen.

The team selection is diabolical. I don't know why Vera Dushevina was overlooked. I understand building for the future. But Vera has at least competed at high levels. IrinaK and Gasparyn are virtually juniors, and have never even played in a slam.

Also they aren't even particularly good the real future for Russia seems to be Kan. I think she should have been selected.

Panova also a dreadful pick, Bratchikova would have been better in my eyes. But honestly that would be like the Americans picking Julia Cohen.

I still wish Russia the best of look. But if the losses for the youngsters are humiliating it may hamper their careers rather than boost them.
Russian's have another one on the way. Barnstable 75k QF Marta Sirotkina just put Alison Riske back in her box 6-4 6-2
JimM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 06:56 PM   #32
country flag JimM

JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold

Barnstaple - Great Britain
$75,000 Barnstaple - USD 75,000
Surface : Hard Indoor, Draw : 5 rounds / 32 players, Prize Money : USD 750,000

Latest : F, M. Sirotkina d. K. Pliskova 67(5) 63 76(6)

Sirotkina one to watch for sure
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 07:06 PM   #33
country flag JimM

OK so they lost as we all expected. But they fought as hard as they could, and to me a least justified their selection. Proud of Panoava and especially Klybanova who still played while on the road to recovery from a life threatening illness. I wonder how Makarova and the other no-hopers feel now? Makarova citing a wrist injury but still managed to play through to the dubs final!

It was experience that won the cup for Italy

Barnstaple - Great Britain
$75,000 Barnstaple - USD 75,000
Surface : Hard Indoor, Draw : 5 rounds / 32 players, Prize Money : USD 750,000

Latest : F, M. Sirotkina d. K. Pliskova 67(5) 63 76(6)

More and probably better players than Vesnina and Company are making their way up the rankings. I would keep the team that played in this years final, and build on that plus add to the Fed Cup pool. Sharapova and Zovnereva, and Elena Bovina will all be fit for next year hopefull, and will add the experience the younger players lack at present.
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #34
country flag _LuCaS_
Stimpacker

_LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Russia needs at least one experienced player in the team in order to get back on top.
Nastya coaching Sharapova in Fed Cup
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #35
country flag JimM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _LuCaS_ View Post
Russia needs at least one experienced player in the team in order to get back on top.
Nastya coaching Sharapova in Fed Cup
LOL! Those 2 do not get on! Can you imagine Sharapova taking advice from Nasty? She would not take Thomas Hogstedt's advice!