Estonian Tennis - Page 132 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 12:26 PM   #1966
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Estonian Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Nothing new. Last Estonian girl to reach last 16 at ECH was Jekaterina Jeritševa in 2004.
I had never heard of her
Did she achieve anything in pros?

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 12:59 PM   #1967
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

She was briefly #2 in Tennis Europe rankings that year. Only played few pro tournaments in 2005/6.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 11:49 AM   #1968
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

chingching's wish is fulfilled - Fed Cup zone III will be played in Tallinn.
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 03:43 PM   #1969
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

When does it take place? April?
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 04:03 PM   #1970
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
When does it take place? April?
5-8 February apparently.
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 06:11 PM   #1971
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
5-8 February apparently.
I'd assume Anett will be playing in Australia at that time instead.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 10:44 PM   #1972
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
chingching's wish is fulfilled - Fed Cup zone III will be played in Tallinn.
IK this is amazing
Anett needs to not be a bitch and say goodbye to those 25 Points and play Fed Cup in her home town

She can go to America afterwards and win a 50K or something

Also, it is very surprising how weak 10K Helsinki is
Birgit is in MD unranked and Valeria really should Qualify Unless she gets a bad draw and even if she does Eva should get at least another QF

Nice to see some of the Estonians playing some Pros but I am still gobsmacked at how weak it is given there were ranked girls well into the Alternates when the list was released

Last edited by chingching : Nov 2nd, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #1973
country flag chingching

I am thinking of making a thread for Mia Nicole Eklund so my instinct is to make it in the Baltic Sub-Forum but on the other hand she is representing Finland...

Out of curiosity, has there ever been talk of her representing Estonia?

Old Nov 12th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #1974
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard on the radio that Kaia and Anett have promised to participate in February But they don't know who'll be the captain. I didn't even realize Luzgin wouldn't be the captain anymore.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 05:05 AM   #1975
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Just heard on the radio that Kaia and Anett have promised to participate in February But they don't know who'll be the captain. I didn't even realize Luzgin wouldn't be the captain anymore.
Please not Rene
Why isn't Andrei?

Anyway, this is wonderful news Eva and one last player will also get a lot of opportunities to play as I don't think there will be any need for Kaia at all aside from promoting the event The publicity that the girls would have gotten if neither played would have been bad

Anyway, this week in 10K Helsinki, Valeria managed to qualify against an average girl easily which is nice and her, Birgit, Eva and Mia all have Good Draws to get a win and Eva has a shot at a QF IMO Also Eva and Aljona in Doubles Let's hope for some WTA points

Old Nov 12th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #1976
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

That's great news!
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 06:22 AM   #1977
country flag chingching

I am guessing they will have the 25K the week after?

Old Nov 12th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #1978
country flag chingching

There are Estonians everywhere this week in Helsinki and 3 are on livestream today
Valeria is on now and she has a nice game just needs to hit less stupid errors

She has the power and the movement Should be Top 300 Junior this time next year

Also, Leivo is not bad for someone so lowly ranked

Valeria just smashing 2nd serves into the middle of the net

EDIT 1: Some better movement of the ball and consistency and Valeria gets 2*-5 :0 She has had some opportunities like had some game points at 1*-4 but wasted them so hopefully she can get some games here now and maybe win the 2nd

Last edited by chingching : Nov 12th, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #1979
country flag chingching

Unfortunately Valeria lost 6-3 6-4
She played well at the end to come back from 5-2 down and saved a match point with an Ace, another with a good 2nd Serve and some crafty play like Serve and Volley and Winners

She let Leivo off in the last game though as at 15-15 she had an opportunity and at 40-15 as well

Still, not too bad for a debut and if she can improve her Serve, Return and Consistency she has a very nice game capable of good things Better than Eva was at her age IMO

She is much better than some of the people who won in Round 1

Old Nov 16th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #1980
country flag chingching

A thread for Valeria
If anyone else would like me to make other threads I am happy to

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=35655961

Anyway, Meelis can you provide some background information? I know her Mum is some sort of a photographer and Valeria dpes a lot of modelling: her Mum is also of Russian descent but what is her father because Arkadi Gorlats seems neither Estonian nor Russian