All Other Romanian Girls Thread - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 03:42 AM   #406
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all
Re: All Other Romanian Girls Thread

Good news all around these past two days.

50k in Bendigo
first round Daiana Negreanu (ROU) d. Varatchaya Wongteanchai (THA) 46 52 Ret.

10k in Heraklion
first round Nicoleta-Catalina Dascalu (ROU) d. Kasandra Kozub (POL) 61 63

Both of them have winnable matches in the second round, as well.
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 07:17 AM   #407
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest career win for Daiana?
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 01:28 PM   #408
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

What a great "win". I can't believe she was directly in the MD of a 50k
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 03:26 PM   #409
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Biggest career win for Daiana?
Looks like it from what I've seen on the wta website. Previous best was a win against Maria Fernanda Alvarez Teran of Bolivia when she was ranked 295.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
What a great "win". I can't believe she was directly in the MD of a 50k
Benefits of late withdrawals and location. It's nice to see a Romanian girl take advantage of this --for a change .

Nicoleta Dascalu made the QF in Heraklion, so I didn't jinx her by saying it was a winnable match.
Nicoleta Dascalu (Rou) d. Lauren McMinn (Gbr) 6-4 6-2
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 04:06 PM   #410
country flag ioana_sk8r

Patricia Tig and Raluca Platon are both in the singles semifinals in Antalya. I never saw Tig before, but she looks *a lot* like Simona Halep in this picture. Maybe she can start playing like her .

Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 03:55 PM   #411
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana_sk8r View Post
Patricia Tig and Raluca Platon are both in the singles semifinals in Antalya. I never saw Tig before, but she looks *a lot* like Simona Halep in this picture. Maybe she can start playing like her .

In this photo I admit she looks a bit like Simona, but the physical resemblance stops here Patricia is thinner and taller than Simona (she is 1m82 tall). But she's a sweet girl and she's definitely a fighter. Was as high as no. 393 in the WTA Rankings, but then she had some back problems (yeah, just like Simona), and her 2013 season was pretty much a fiasco. But she will definitely be at least a top 50 player if she stays healthy.

Btw, Ioana, she has her own thread on Tennis Romania
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 07:39 PM   #412
country flag ioana_sk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Btw, Ioana, she has her own thread on Tennis Romania
Thanks; I didn't notice it before .

Good day for Raluca's in doubles today. Besides Olaru/Paszek's win in Barnstaple, Raluca Platon & Diana Buzean won the doubles final in Antalya. Buzean was off for over 2 months after the 25k in Mamaia, but it looks like she's back now.

Raluca Platon (ROU)/ Diana Buzean (ROU) d. Ekaterine Gorgodze (GEO)/ Pia Konig (AUT) 3-6 6-3 10-5
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 08:35 PM   #413
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

10K Antalya final:

(8) Patricia Maria TIG ROU d. (5) Raluca Elena PLATON ROU 62 42 ret

This was her second final loss of the year. However, she'll be back into the Top 500 with her play here.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #414
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Another year is gone and still no Romanian tennis player top 10 and no grand slam final of semifinal reached by one of our beloved girl, but let's try to summarize their evolutions with best and worse based on statistics and expectations.
Again, it's that period of year for making analyses. 2013 has been Simona Halep's (sensational) year and even she hasn't reach yet top 10 WTA and at least a Slam SF she filled our hearts with great joy and huge expectations for the years will come.

But, coming back to 2013 let's see the Romanian peaks.

Top 10 best tournament evolutions (based on WTA ranking points won)

1. S. Cirstea - Toronto - Final
2-3. S. Halep - New. Haven - Win
S. Halep - Moskow - Win
4. S. Halep - Rome - SF
5. S. Halep - Sofia - Win
6-10. M. Niculescu - Florianopolis - Win
S. Halep - Nuremberg - Win
S. Halep - 's-Hertogenbosch - Win
S. Halep - Budapest - Win
S- Halep - US Open - R4

That top is dominated by Simona, even the best performance was obtained by Sorana with that impressive run at Toronto Premier 5 (her lifetime peak, better than RG 2009). But, this performance is singular for our beauty with no other ones to sustain her ascension to the top. Maybe next year.

Last edited by grs : Nov 4th, 2013 at 12:07 PM.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #415
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Top 10 best individual wins (based of opponent's WTA place at the given moment)

1. S. Halep vs A. Radwanska (nr 4 WTA) 6-7; 6-1; 6-2 (Rome - 2 round)
2. S. Cirstea vs Na Li (5) 6-1; 7-6 (Toronto - SF)
3. S. Cirstea vs A. Kerber (6) 6-4; 6-0 (Miami - 2 round)
4. S. Cirstea vs P. Kvitova (7) 4-6; 7-5; 6-2 (Toronto - QF)
5. S. Halep vs M. Bartoli (7) 3-6; 6-4; 6-1 (Cincinnati - 2 round)
6. S. Halep vs C. Wozniacki (8) 6-2; 7-5 (New Haven - SF)
7. S. Halep vs P. Kvitova (9) 6-2; 6-2 (New Haven - F)
8. S. Cirstea vs C. Wozniacki (10) 5-7; 7-6; 6-4 (Toronto - 2 Round)
9. S. Halep vs S. Stosur (11) 6-4; 4-6; 6-2 (Cincinnati - 3 Round)
10. S. Halep vs R. Vinci (11) 6-0; 6-1 ('s-Hertogenbosch - 2 Round)

An year with 8 top 10 wins for our girls is amazing. You can see once again what impressive was Sorana at Toronto with 3 top 10 wins plus one against Jankovic (nr 15 at that time, in top 10 now).
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #416
country flag soimu

soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold

^
Good summary.
I expect the other girls to be jealous/motivated by Simona's success.
So the best is yet to come for Romanian tennis.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu Ana Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #417
country flag ioana_sk8r

Is the Ioana Bogdan who went to Antalya and is playing doubles with Ana related to her? She seems to be from Sinaia, too based on her twitter account, so I would think that's a real possibility?

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...tid=1100030445
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #418

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is the Ioana Bogdan who went to Antalya and is playing doubles with Ana related to her? She seems to be from Sinaia, too based on her twitter account, so I would think that's a real possibility?

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...tid=1100030445
I saw that too. Sisters, most likely
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #419
country flag ioana_sk8r

10K Antalya, R16:

Raluca Platon (ROU) d. Anastasiya Shestakova (UKR) 60 60

Back-to-back bagel wins for Raluca
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #420

Quote:
10K Antalya, R16:

Raluca Platon (ROU) d. Anastasiya Shestakova (UKR) 60 60

Back-to-back bagel wins for Raluca
Wait til she meets Patricia Tig again, in the next round