$75,000 Barnstaple (GBR) 2013 | Oct 28 (Winner: Marta Sirotkina) - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 30th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #61
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute
Re: $75,000 Barnstaple (GBR) 2013 | Oct 28 (Draws)

I watched Mitu-Paszek and the standard of hitting was really good at some points. Mitu reminded me of a Cirstea-lite, winning a lot of points with her serve + FH combo but it seemed as though she stopped going for her shots, especially her FH, in the third set. She led 3-0 and 4-1 in the third set but I think her lack of belief cost her the victory because she was gesticulating like she was 3-0 and 4-1 down which was perplexing as she had the match in the palm of her hand and I was questioning Paszek's spirit as she seemed rather defeated at 3-0 down and ripe for the picking.

I can't remember the exact point of the match because I was chatting through most of the matches but Paszek produced an excellent off-balance BH DTL to save a BP in the third set and I think that was the pivotal point in deciding the outcome. The BH is still a sweetly timed shot but the rest of her game is very shaky. She couldn't get a FH over the net in the first three games, her service motion is still hitchy (she seemed to smooth out that quirk during her run at Wimbledon last year which was the last time I saw her play), her second serve is still , she doesn't hit that well on the run, even on the BH side when she's really stretched wide but she is looking very fit. Hopefully these three-set wins should instill some confidence which she still seems to lack. She was pumping herself up by shouting 'come on' but they seemed quite contrived. Even so, I prefer that attitude to Mitu's. Paszek yelled 'come on' after the win while Mitu chucked her racket on the ground and that pretty much summed up their temperaments.

Paszek did have a bit of a diva moment though. She got a rotten call and she dropped her racket on the ground, marched up to the umpire and demanded to see the supervisor, who duly arrived onto court a few minutes later. The chair umpire also told her off earlier for calling a let.

Hoping to go tomorrow where I want to catch Kris. Plis vs. Paszek. Apparently Pliskova served 14 aces yesterday, including three in a row at one point. She led it 4-1 in the first set before inexplicably losing the next four games but Birnerova made a mess at serving out the set and never really featured after that. Her gameplan was to get Pliskova on the move and she executed a few excellent points to exploit Kristyna's movement but she couldn't do it consistently. Pliskova just had too much firepower and the outcome was rather NID even though it did get a bit close at times.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 30th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #62
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

(8)Stephanie Vogt (LIE) d. Alberta Brianti (ITA) 62 63
Marta Sirotkina (RUS) d. (Q)Bernarda Pera (USA) 63 62
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #63
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Great report, thanks!
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #64
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

(wc)Naomi Broady (GBR) d. Renata Voracova (CZE) 62 46 62
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #65
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
(8)Stephanie Vogt (LIE) d. Alberta Brianti (ITA) 62 63
Marta Sirotkina (RUS) d. (Q)Bernarda Pera (USA) 63 62
Marta!!
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #66
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Naomi last 3 weeks been her best of season (playing Lagos helped)
Marta
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #67
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

(1)Annika Beck (GER) d. Giulia Gatto-Monticone (ITA) 61 64
(5)Tadeja Majeric (SLO) d. (Q)Anna Smith (GBR) 76(3) 64
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #68
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

WD Annika and Majeric

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #69
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

(3)Vesna Dolonc (SRB) d. Katerina Vankova (CZE) 61 63
(2)Alison Riske (USA) d. (LL)Karin Morgosova (SVK) 62 60
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #70
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

After 3 hours play Timea B. has a mp

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #71
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) d. Kristina Barrois (GER) 57 76(7) 64
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #72
country flag champion88

champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute

Bacsinszky def. Barrois 5-7 7-6(7) 6-4

Timea was 5-3 down second set, wasted 3 set points at 6-5* second set, saved match point down 6-5 in the tiebreak, and saved numerous break points in the final set!
champion88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #73
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

How long were they playing for? Seemed like over 3 hours
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbińe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #2 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles(5): Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #25 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles(6): Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Inger67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #74
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

Stephi, Annika and Timea
Kris
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #75
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

Stephi, Annika and Timea
Kris
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote