Serena W. vs. R. Nadal | Battle of mental strengths - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: who?

Serena W. 37 50.00%
R. Nadal 27 36.49%
I just cannot decide who's stronger, both are great 10 13.51%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #31
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena W. vs. R. Nadal | Battle of mental strengths

Nadal is intensely focused in every match, MM or slam. Serena (until recently) lost to players like Jidkova and Bammer in smaller events, then came out and won majors seemingly out of nowhere. Different kinds of mental strength
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #32
country flag vswfan

vswfan has a reputation beyond repute vswfan has a reputation beyond repute vswfan has a reputation beyond repute vswfan has a reputation beyond repute vswfan has a reputation beyond repute vswfan has a reputation beyond repute vswfan has a reputation beyond repute vswfan has a reputation beyond repute vswfan has a reputation beyond repute vswfan has a reputation beyond repute vswfan has a reputation beyond repute

I am a big Serena fan but I have to vote for Nadal. I remember that he missed tons of chances against Federer at 2008 Wimbledon, where he already lost to Fed 2 years in a row. But he regrouped and finally beat Fed in fifth set. Which is what Serena cannot do. Serena can come back from a huge down yes, but I doubt that she can still win after missing many chances against someone who she's REALLY afraid of in a Grand Slam final.
vswfan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 05:31 AM   #33
country flag JRena

JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of

I'd like to see some stats for both Serena and Nadal.How many matches they've won where they have faced match points. Ex 2005 AO Open vs Sharapova and 2009 Wimbledon vs Dementieva

I know one stat for Serena is that she win's 50% of the time where she loses the first set.
JRena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #34
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

I would pick Nadal. Hes unbelievable in mental strength. He went through alot of injuries, thankfully not to the point that he had to get surgery. He's still trying to improve in his game and thats awesome.
Serena was not that strong mentally in the past. I say she was average, she had some flashes of comebacks. Nowadays her mental strength has improved alot. In those 10 years, shes overcome alot of injuries and traumas that she went through. Shes getting better year after year.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #35
country flag semprelibera

semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Nadal, I mean Serena is talented and he isn't.
semprelibera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #36
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deestruction View Post
I would pick Nadal. Hes unbelievable in mental strength. He went through alot of injuries, thankfully not to the point that he had to get surgery. He's still trying to improve in his game and thats awesome.
Serena was not that strong mentally in the past. I say she was average, she had some flashes of comebacks. Nowadays her mental strength has improved alot. In those 10 years, shes overcome alot of injuries and traumas that she went through. Shes getting better year after year.

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
Alejandrawrrr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #37
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future

How can you compare them?

In Serena's last two matches she gave up playing for a set, walked 'during' points, was sobbing into her towel. No comparison.
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #38
country flag The Kaz
Your fav could never....

The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT View Post
Serena because she was never dominated by a player like Nadal was in 2011.
I think Sybille Bammer's record against Serena proves overwise

Samantha Stosur: US Open Champion 2011

Kerber // Barthel // Jankovic // Dellacqua // Pironkova // Arn // Cohen
Dulgheru // Scheepers // Kanepi // Cetkovska // Lisicki // Niculescu // Errani

The Kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #39
country flag benbest

benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute benbest has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal for sure, no
benbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #40
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
Nadal. He was never mentally unstable, crying on court.
no, he was never crying, but he for sure pulled some other stuff that's equal.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #41
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

dull. but chokovic is the real deal here.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #42
country flag Kuzzy24

Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future Kuzzy24 has a brilliant future

Peak to peak. I would say they are about equal. But Serena could have a slight edge considering what she was able to do at 03 AO and Rafa couldn't do at 11 AO. Right now in this time of their careers it's Rafa.
Kuzzy24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #43
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Serena.

She has to control all those weapons, all that power. Rafa's game when he's down is usually just about not missing. When you're down in a match I'd say it is harder to find amazing serves and blistering winners.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #44
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

I think Rafael. Where does those 8 FO's come from??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
And people said this is better that WTA jajaja, any WTa match is better than this clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, most WTA matches end in 6-0 6-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaspin View Post
You are jar jar binks.
MaKiri94 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #45
country flag winone23

winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal.

Eleven, Jamba Juice, Miami Dolphins, V*Starr Interiors ,World Team Tennis
Veelieve! Venus will rise again 2014!
Taylor Townsend / Madison Keys
NY KNICKS / TEAM MELO
winone23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote