FWTT Year End Championships [2013] - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 28th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #106
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FWTT Year End Championships [2013]

Doubles Results, Semifinals

[4]Siri Cornetsson and Harper Johnson defeated [1]Jennifer Casanova and Ruflina Taliamanosoko
6/4, 3/6, 7/6(2)
The embrace at the net was the warmest ever between these two teams. They have had such an intense and heavy rivalry over the years, it's sad to see two of the best ever doubles teams face one last time. It's only fitting that the leaving team (Harper and Siri) get one last win.

[2]Giuseppina Benedetti and Regla Torres defeated [5]Alexandra Anastidis and Xhakalinda Saikikimbondwe 2/6, 6/3, 7/5
Giusa and Regla continue their stellar season by ending Xhaka and Alexa's by winning in three tight sets.

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #107
country flag burn

burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute

JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
burn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #108
country flag Bieselke

Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of

Sorry Xhaka

Amazing year for Alexa

Safina - Wickmayer - Dokic

Johansson - Larsson - Arvidsson
Bieselke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #109
country flag S-T-E-V-E

S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the finalists in both singles and doubles, will be an amazing ending to the year
S-T-E-V-E is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #110
country flag Savior

Savior has a brilliant future Savior has a brilliant future Savior has a brilliant future Savior has a brilliant future Savior has a brilliant future Savior has a brilliant future Savior has a brilliant future Savior has a brilliant future Savior has a brilliant future Savior has a brilliant future Savior has a brilliant future

Harper Johnson/Elise Mesane Make It Official

Istanbul, Turkey - In a move that had apparently been in the works for months, American Harper Johnson this morning confirmed an announcement from French superstar Elise Mesane that the two will indeed be teaming up for doubles in the 2014 season.

"I'm very happy to make it official," said Johnson in a brief pause to speak to the press after a practice session off site. "Elise and I have always been friends. She's such a huge personality, and such an incredibly talented player. But, when Siri (Cornetsson) initially announced that she would be retiring at the end of this year, I started thinking about a long term plan for my own career. And, luckily, Elise was in a similar place. So, the timing was perfect."

Mesane made her own announcement about the new partnership one day earlier, during one of her many - always quotable - media appearances. According to the Frenchwoman, who currently sits atop the FWTT singles rankings and within the world's top 5 doubles players, she shares Johnson's excitement for the coming year.

Interestingly, Johnson's announcement comes on the same day that she and Cornetsson advanced to their fourth consecutive FWTT Championship match, having hoisted the trophy last year. The duo upended their longtime nemeses, Ruflina Taliamanosoko and fellow American Jennifer Casanova, in yet another grueling battle between the two pairs. A battle that is all but assured to be the final contest between the two teams.

With that in mind, Johnson says she's staying focused on the present.

"We have one more match," said Johnson. "And, for Siri and I, it's pretty much the most important one of our entire career in a lot of ways. Having gotten the reputation of always being the runner up, coming through with a win - going out on top - would be such a beautiful way to end things. It's been such a strange, up and down year for us. But, we really came together here at the end of the year and finished strong. To win here, for the second year in a row, would be a wonderful goodbye. It's very hard, though. I'm going to miss being out there with Siri week in and week out. But, right now, we have one more match. And, I want to go out with a win."
Savior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #111
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute

Singles Results, Championship

[3]Alexandra Anastidis defeated [4]Ruflina Taliamanosoko 1/6, 7/6(0), 6/3
Alexa caps off an amazing end to the season by defeating the hottest player in Istanbul in coming from behind against Ruffy. Alexa has seen her ranking zoom into the top 10 and is definitely worthy of most improved player and perhaps even an Aussie title in a few months.

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #112
Keeper of Venus & Serena

Doubles Results, Championship

[4]Harper Johnson and Siri Cornetsson defeated [2]Giuseppina Benedetti and Regla Torres 6/4, 0/6, 6/3
Harper and Siri finish the dream by winning their last tournament as full-time partners. They upended the new dominant team on the black, Giusa and Regla, and close out their fine partnership in excellent fashion.

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #113
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh we're always runner up.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #114
Joseosu19

Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Ugh we're always runner up.
Looks like we're taking that job over from Siri and Harper

Frustrating that we had such a great season, but barely any titles to remember for it!

Oh well, congrats on winning your last tournament together Harper and Siri...Legends
Arantxa Sanchez Vicario Always #1
Joseosu19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #115
country flag Geoffry

Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Alexa, definitely the surprise of 2013!
Siri/Harper Great way to say goodbye.

Ruflina
But I'm glad we broke the rules
My cave is deep now
Yet your light is shining through
I cover my eyes
Still all I see is you
Geoffry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 08:10 AM   #116
country flag burn

burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Alexa
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
burn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #117
country flag Bieselke

Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of

Thank you all for the congratulatons Article hopefully tomorrow or day after.

Also best wishes to Harper and Siri

Safina - Wickmayer - Dokic

Johansson - Larsson - Arvidsson
Bieselke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #118
country flag Drimal

Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute

Siri and Harper finish with a cherry on the cake

Roland Garros 2009, US Open 2010, Australian Open 2011, Championships 2012 and Championships 2013 have been the episodes of the tasty road of success from the Swedish/American partnership.
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 10:00 AM   #119
country flag S-T-E-V-E

S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Alexa and Siri and Harper Great champions lifting the last big trophy of the season!!! :bow:
S-T-E-V-E is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #120
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

when are fed cup finals?

SURVIVOR Announcement

Here
randy72391 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote