Andreea Mitu - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 16th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #331
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Andreea Mitu

50K Limoges (FRA), R16:

Tamira Paszek (AUT) d. Andreea Mitu (ROU) 16 63 76(9)

Losing a match after winning more points? Losing after making more aces and less DF than your opponent? Old news for Andreea. But somehow I expected more from her given Tamira's form and the way the first set unfolded. Should they play against each other again next week, perhaps Andreea would win comfortably in straight sets.
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 16th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #332
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

That scoreline is nightmare inducing.

It needs to be said. Andreea as well is a massive headcase who seems to fold under the slightest pressure being put on her.

Beating Fichman and Cabeza in QR1 - destroyed by Camerin and Vogt in QR2.
Brainfarting against Kan from being a set up in 50k SF. - destroying her easily the week after in 25k R1.

Hopeless.
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #333
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

How many MPs did she blow ?
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #334

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Two, at 8-7 and 9-8 in the TB.
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #335

75K Barnstaple (GBR), MD:

(3)Vesna Dolonc (SRB) v Katerina Vankova (CZE)
(JE)Katerina Siniakova (CZE) v (wc)NMelanie South (GBR)
Andreea Mitu (ROU) v Tamira Paszek (AUT)
(7)Kristyna Pliskova (CZE) v Eva Birnerova (CZE)

Second time this month that she meets in the first round a player that beat her the week before
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #336
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice

Unfortunately, no big whopping to make up for the previous loss this time around.
Tamira Pasek (AUT) d. Andreea Mitu (ROU) 7-6(3) 6-7(2) 6-4

Andreea was up a break in the third set, but couldn't close it out
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #337

Sad, but not surprising.

Hope she has a good off-season and starts fresh in 2014.
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
I watched Mitu-Paszek and the standard of hitting was really good at some points. Mitu reminded me of a Cirstea-lite, winning a lot of points with her serve + FH combo but it seemed as though she stopped going for her shots, especially her FH, in the third set. She led 3-0 and 4-1 in the third set but I think her lack of belief cost her the victory because she was gesticulating like she was 3-0 and 4-1 down which was perplexing as she had the match in the palm of her hand and I was questioning Paszek's spirit as she seemed rather defeated at 3-0 down and ripe for the picking.

I can't remember the exact point of the match because I was chatting through most of the matches but Paszek produced an excellent off-balance BH DTL to save a BP in the third set and I think that was the pivotal point in deciding the outcome. The BH is still a sweetly timed shot but the rest of her game is very shaky. She couldn't get a FH over the net in the first three games, her service motion is still hitchy (she seemed to smooth out that quirk during her run at Wimbledon last year which was the last time I saw her play), her second serve is still , she doesn't hit that well on the run, even on the BH side when she's really stretched wide but she is looking very fit. Hopefully these three-set wins should instill some confidence which she still seems to lack. She was pumping herself up by shouting 'come on' but they seemed quite contrived. Even so, I prefer that attitude to Mitu's. Paszek yelled 'come on' after the win while Mitu chucked her racket on the ground and that pretty much summed up their temperaments.

Paszek did have a bit of a diva moment though. She got a rotten call and she dropped her racket on the ground, marched up to the umpire and demanded to see the supervisor, who duly arrived onto court a few minutes later. The chair umpire also told her off earlier for calling a let.
Oh, Andreea...
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 07:14 PM   #339
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She led 3-0 and 4-1 in the third set but I think her lack of belief cost her the victory because she was gesticulating like she was 3-0 and 4-1 down which was perplexing as she had the match in the palm of her hand.
Quote:
Paszek yelled 'come on' after the win while Mitu chucked her racket on the ground and that pretty much summed up their temperaments

Begu approves.

What did Simona say in her interview. She just tries to take pleasure in playing tennis. It's so trivial, yet so essential if you want to stay motivated throughout the highs and lows of your careers. Many of her compatriots should take notice.
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 04:28 PM   #340

50K Istanbul (TUR), MD:

(1)Timea Babos (HUN) v Nigina Abduraimova (UZB)
Ksenia Pervak (RUS) v Q
Tara Moore (GBR) v Andreea Mitu (ROU)
(6)Alexandra Panova (RUS) v Alberta Brianti (ITA)

Tough draw for Andreea. Hopefully she'll win at least one match here
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #341

Moore withdrew so Andreea will play against Lucky Loser Katerina Kramperova (CZE) in the first round.
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #342

50K Istanbul (TUR), R32:

(LL)Katerina Kramperova (CZE) d. Andreea Mitu (ROU) 75 64

This is well bad, she must really suck on indoor hard
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #343
country flag Curcubeu

Betting nightmare.
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #344
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice ioana_sk8r is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Betting nightmare.
Good thing she doesn't have a twitter account...angry betters are to be avoided at all cost .
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #345
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Paszek almost hit me with a serve during her practice in the morning

we joked a bit about that on twitter, but her match against Mitu was no joke...so much drama and tension, but the quality was really high! Both girls played very well, Mitu probably played even better, but somehow lost the plot when it was about closing and Tamira took advantage

Not impressed

sarcastic with her coach

thinking: "that peasant better take this racket up and get me out of here fast"

more pictures on my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/106773453@N04/

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote