Three Hands #19 - Istanbul (Congratulations to goOudinUSA!) - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 26th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #61
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Three Hands #19 - Istanbul (First Update After RR!)

Player results after RR:
Code:
Players_________	Points

Li______________	2
S.Williams______	2
Kvitova_________	2
Jankovic________	2
Azarenka________	1
Kerber__________	1
A.Radwanska_____	0
Errani__________	0
Wozniacki_______	0
Stephens________	0
Scoreboard after RR:

Code:
Participants____	Score

Buitenzorg______	13
Igorche_________	13 ALT
tina110_________	12
Drake1980_______	12
Heinann_________	12
goOudinUSA______	12
digor___________	12
valac222________	11
Monzanator______	11
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 26th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #62
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Three Hands #19 - Istanbul (Buitenzorg leads after RR!)

Three Hands YEC Interview - Monzanator

- So, can you tell us a little bit about yourself, like your name, where you from (since TF flag can be changed), are you a he or she, how long have you been on TF and anything related you would like to share...?

I'm from Poland like my flag suggests. My name is too hard to pronounce for 96% of TF but let's just say the English version is the same as in case of ex-ATP player Rusedski

- What were your goals in playing Three Hands? What kind of thoughts went through your mind when you play a new games?

I had no goals when I started playing the game. Everything comes as a bonus but Three Hands was the last of the new games I joined.

- I believe you made it to the final 8 by winning the US Open title at Flushing Meadows. Were that part of your expectations?

I never won a Grand Slam event in any of the games I played so capturing US Open in Three Hands was my first time. And I never expected that since I consider GS events a TF jinx of mine.

- Can you tell us a little bit about your playing style or ways to approach Three Hands when you manage your picks? Like which hands are more important to others or what players to pick or not to pick in a tournament... etc...?

I used to pick the seemingly best players for Hand 3 but noticed that most people don't risk so much and pick them for Hand 2 more frequently instead. I usually follow that path now as well.

- Do you play tennis in real life? If you do, can you tell us what are your preferences? ...such as which hand do you use, what kind of surface do you like the most... etc... If you don't, what outdoor activities do you do?

I played on a clay court located near my home when I was younger. Now I'm just an arm-chair player!

- Who do you think will win in Istanbul and how are you preparing yourself? Are you gunning for the second title this year?

I consider myself as an outsider and pick Meelis to win the Year-End title.

- What are the reason you play games on tennis forums? Playing while reading for the drama? Support the players... etc?

It's all about good fun and I appreciate any clever ideas from the people responsible for any new game. Three Hands is one of the smartest games on TF.

- If there are 10 bags worth of tennis balls (each bag has more than 100 of them) and one of the bags contained fake tennis balls that weighs 0.1 lb less than others. How many times do you need to weigh to figure out which bag contains the fake tennis balls?

Any number from 2 to 9 depending when I pick the fake balls bag. I could tell which ones are fake immediately after picking them.

- Are there any recommendations you would like to give to Three Hands? ...or any comments on the changes for the game next year (maybe how you feel doubles being allowed to be picked)?

I don't recommend any changes since that's one thing I don't like about any game on TF! Too much bickering kills the spirit.

Let me know if I got the fake balls question right but I think I did

- Thank you for participating!
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #63
coolfish1103

Picks

Code:
	PM		valac222________	15	TB	19	

Hand 1          			Hand 2          			Hand 3          	
Azarenka________	1		S.Williams______	3		A.Radwanska_____	0
                	0		Li______________	3		Kerber__________	1
                	0		                	0		Jankovic________	2
                			                	0		                	0
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	1		                	6		                	3
Bonus Validation	3		                	12		                	0

03047		Buitenzorg______	16	TB	23	

Azarenka________	1		A.Radwanska_____	0		Li______________	3
                	0		S.Williams______	3		Kvitova_________	2
                			                	0		                	0
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	1		                	3		                	7
Bonus Validation	3		                	6		                	7

03048		tina110_________	17	TB	26	

S.Williams______	3		Azarenka________	1		A.Radwanska_____	0
                	0		                	0		Kvitova_________	2
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	3		                	4		                	3
Bonus Validation	9		                	8		                	0

03050		Igorche_________	15	TB	21	

A.Radwanska_____	0		Jankovic________	2		S.Williams______	3
                	0		Kvitova_________	2		Azarenka________	1
                	0		                	0		Li______________	3
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	0		                	4		                	7
Bonus Validation	0		                	8		                	7

03051		Drake1980_______	9	TB	20	

0		Kvitova_________	2		Jankovic________	2
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	3		                	3		                	5
Bonus Validation	9		                	0		                	0

03052		Monzanator______	14	TB	18	

A.Radwanska_____	0		S.Williams______	3		Li______________	3
                	0		Azarenka________	1		Kerber__________	1
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	0		                	4		                	6
Bonus Validation	0		                	8		                	6

03053		Heinann_________	9	TB	23	

S.Williams______	3		Azarenka________	1		Jankovic________	2
                	0		Kvitova_________	2		Li______________	3
                	0		                	0		A.Radwanska_____	0
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	3		                	3		                	5
Bonus Validation	9		                	0		                	0

03054		goOudinUSA______	17	TB	29	

Li______________	3		Azarenka________	1		Kvitova_________	2
                	0		S.Williams______	3		Jankovic________	2
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	3		                	4		                	4

03055		digor___________	17	TB	22	

0		Li______________	3		Kvitova_________	2
                	0		                	0		Kerber__________	1
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	3		                	4		                	3
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #64
coolfish1103

Player results after SF:
Code:
Players_________	Points

Li______________	3
S.Williams______	3
Kvitova_________	2
Jankovic________	2
Azarenka________	1
Kerber__________	1
A.Radwanska_____	0
Errani__________	0
Wozniacki_______	0
Stephens________	0
Scoreboard after SF:

Code:
Participants____	Score

tina110_________	17
goOudinUSA______	17
digor___________	17
Buitenzorg______	16
Igorche_________	15
valac222________	15
Monzanator______	14
Drake1980_______	9
Heinann_________	9
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #65
coolfish1103

Re: Three Hands #19 - Istanbul (3 leads after SF!)

Three Hands YEC Interview - valac222

- So, can you tell us a little bit about yourself, like your name, where you from (since TF flag can be changed), your gender, how long have you been on TF and anything related...?

My name is László, I live in the suburb area of Budapest. I mostly play on TF for the last two years.

- Can you tell us a little bit about your playing style or ways to approach Three Hands when you manage your picks? Like which hands are more important to others or what players to pick or not to pick in a tournament... etc...?

Actually I try to pick perfect hand with smaller emphasize on hand3.

- There were some fierce competitions between you, Drake1980 and OhNaNa at the beginning of the year. Did you change your playing style to try to get a better or different results than you normally would?

I did change, but it was not successful at all.

- Can you tell us a little bit about your feelings when you won your maiden title at Miami and clinched #1 right after?

Insert a standard answer

- Which tournament do you feel is the most important in WTA? How were your performances in Three Hands relative in that tournament?

European slams. No big successes.

- Who do you think will win in Istanbul and how are you preparing yourself?

Buitenzorg has a good touch of this game, he is the clear favorite.

- Since you are a manager yourself and you have also established games, what do you think of Three Hands? Is it too passive since participants only need to pick before the tournament begin?

This “passivity” can be an advantage. Needs less time to participate so you might have more players and you do not lose players during the tourney. No problem with that.

- Are there any recommendations you would like to give to Three Hands? ...or any comments on the changes for the game next year (maybe how you feel doubles being allowed to be picked)?

Whatever you do, you have to be aware that it always will be a niche game and for the close future only your enthusiasm will keep it alive. (At least these are the points I failed with Penta. Time to time I have a strong willingness to restart Penta, but I always realize that I cannot do it alone and I refuse it) My only advice is the following: do not change too often.

- Thank you for participating.
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #66
coolfish1103

Three Hands YEC Interview - tina110

- So, can you tell us a little bit about yourself, like your name, where you from (since TF flag can be changed), your gender, how long have you been on TF and anything related...?

My name is Tina and I come from Frankfurt in Germany. I'm a 51 year old woman

- #1 seems a little bit far away to you as your best ranking in 2013 was #2. You are now about 658 points behind Buitenzorg, what do you think of your chance of winning over him at Istanbul?

Buitenzorg is a great player and has a great year, I do my best - but may the best player win!

- Is winning tournament more important to you or being #1? Were the ranking points dedicated too much for the Grand Slams? Do you think the 2014 ranking points adjustments will be better?

Number 1 is the greatest wish of every player I think. I like to win Tournament, it feels goos

- Your first title came at Indian Wells, defeating valac222 en route. Can you tell us about your feelings when you won that title?

I am very very happy to win the first title and I do my best to win more

- Who do you think will win in Istanbul?

I think Serena.

My game is only a feeling, my picks are the names, which are in my head at this moment

- Do you think Three Hands is a challenging game or is it too boring because there are no fierce competition in each round like tippings?

I like this game and I think it's good, that there are many different games. Everybody find a game and have fun

I like to thanks for a great year and many work for managing a great game. Thank you!

Old Oct 26th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #67
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Coming down to the wire!!

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #68
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute

If Serena wins, I think goOudinUSA will wins with 19 pts and I will be 2nd with 18 pts
Buitenzorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 12:35 AM   #69
coolfish1103

Guys, based on the WTA rules I realize that Sara Errani should be ranked #3 and Victoria Azarenka should be #4. However, on the WTA official draw list they have the opposite (which is what I used to score). What should I use now?
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #70
coolfish1103

Picks

Code:
	PM		valac222________	17	TB	19	

Azarenka________	1		S.Williams______	4		A.Radwanska_____	0
                			                	0		                	0
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	1		                	7		                	3
Bonus Validation	3		                	14		                	0

03047		Buitenzorg______	18	TB	23	

Azarenka________	1		A.Radwanska_____	0		Li______________	3
                	0		S.Williams______	4		Kvitova_________	2
                			                	0		                	0
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	1		                	4		                	7
Bonus Validation	3		                	8		                	7

03048		tina110_________	12	TB	26	

S.Williams______	4		Azarenka________	1		A.Radwanska_____	0
                	0		                	0		Kvitova_________	2
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	4		                	4		                	3
Bonus Validation	12		                	0		                	0

03050		Igorche_________	16	TB	21	

A.Radwanska_____	0		Jankovic________	2		S.Williams______	4
                	0		Kvitova_________	2		Azarenka________	1
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	0		                	4		                	8
Bonus Validation	0		                	8		                	8

03051		Drake1980_______	12	TB	20	

0		Kvitova_________	2		Jankovic________	2
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	4		                	3		                	5

03052		Monzanator______	16	TB	18	

A.Radwanska_____	0		S.Williams______	4		Li______________	3
                	0		Azarenka________	1		Kerber__________	1
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	0		                	5		                	6
Bonus Validation	0		                	10		                	6

03053		Heinann_________	12	TB	23	

S.Williams______	4		Azarenka________	1		Jankovic________	2
                	0		Kvitova_________	2		Li______________	3
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	4		                	3		                	5

03054		goOudinUSA______	19	TB	29	

Li______________	3		Azarenka________	1		Kvitova_________	2
                	0		S.Williams______	4		Jankovic________	2
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	3		                	5		                	4
Bonus Validation	9		                	10		                	0

03055		digor___________	12	TB	22	

0		Li______________	3		Kvitova_________	2
                	0		                	0		Kerber__________	1
                			                	0		                	0
Points          	4		                	4		                	3
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #71
coolfish1103

Player results after F:
Code:
Players_________	Points

S.Williams______	4

Li______________	3
Kvitova_________	2
Jankovic________	2
Azarenka________	1
Kerber__________	1
A.Radwanska_____	0
Errani__________	0
Wozniacki_______	0
Stephens________	0
Scoreboard after F:

Code:
Participants____	Score

goOudinUSA______	19
Buitenzorg______	18
valac222________	17
Igorche_________	16  ALT
Monzanator______	16
Heinann_________	12  23 Exact
digor___________	12  22 -1
tina110_________	12  26 +3 Kerber
Drake1980_______	12  20 -3 Jankovic
I will stick with the official draw from WTA since no comments
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #72
coolfish1103

Re: Three Hands #19 - Istanbul (Congratulations to goOudinUSA!)

Three Hands YEC Interview - Buitenzorg

My name is Rovel, was born in Jakarta Indonesia and migrated to Australia 15 years ago, I am Australian and lives in Sydney. I have been playing, posting and browsing TF since February 2002

- You reached your first final in Dubai, losing to taloki. What were your feelings back then? Did you even remember or realized (cause the game was new) about it?

I did not worried at all, to be a great player you have to keep focusing and move on, and never give up, keep trying to develop my own strategy

- Did you know that you will be #1 after Roland Garros? Was that a surprise coming to you?

Honestly, I was shocked and happy at the same time when I found out I have took over #1 rank from Drake1980

- How were your feelings (exciting?) ...and who did you envision as your main rival(s) in competition for the top spot since then?

I always treat everyone at the same level field, I never underestimate my opponent, I guess this is also the key for me to become a consistent player

- Prior to winning your maiden title in Tokyo, were you pressured (whether by me or other reasons) that you were a title-less #1 in Three Hands? Can you tell us your feelings before and after you won the title in Tokyo as #1?

Again, I never worried about not to have won a title, I was sure that one day my turn to win a title will come.

- ...and now you are now the longest #1 holders (in both consecutive weeks and longest ever), what are your focus and expectations in 2014?

well maintaining #1 spot is actually harder than to get it, I will always bring my 'A' game on every tournaments

- Who do you think will win in Istanbul? Do you think the results will have any impacts on you (or your ranking)?

Of course I will win in Istanbul, not to be sounded over confident or arrogant, I think I have what it takes to be the champion, I wish all the best to all the qualifiers.

I am an accountant, and number is always my strong part of my way of thinking, I guess this hugely impacting the way I play this game.

- Which game do you enjoy the most and why? It does not have to be Three Hands.

I am enjoying playing a few games on TF, I could say, I pretty much doing very well on most of them, I love FWTT, PAW, Tipping, FITD and of course 3Hands

At the moment, 3Hands rules seems OK to me, I will definitely tell you down the track should I have something in mind to develop this game, and Thank you once again for being a great manager of this game

Old Oct 27th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #73
coolfish1103

Ranking after Istanbul:

Code:
Rank	P Rank	Participants	Points			Tokyo	Beijing	Istanbul

1	1	Buitenzorg	3677.4			234	192	405
2	3	valac222	2922.8			25.2	56	340
3	2	tina110 	2750.8			118.8	192	120
4	4	Drake1980	2585.8			0	0	90
5	6	goOudinUSA	2549.2			74.4	56	475
6	5	Monzanator	2417.6			14.4	121.6	280
7	7	digor   	2196.2			37.2	57.6	150
8	8	Heinann 	2150.4			22.8	0	180
9	9	Igorche 	1954.4			0	0	
10	10	OhNaNa  	1909.6			0	0	
11	11	DiRenan 	1893.2			0	0	
12	12	taloki  	1893			0	0	
13	13	tildeloltilde	1889.8			163.2	288	
14	14	Chilenaitor	1781.2			0	0	
15	15	Meelis  	1669.6			37.2	408	
16	16	coolfish1103	1557.2			76.8	43.2	
17	17	Kylger  	1372.8			0	0	
18	18	anthonyqld	1299			36	0	
19	19	Cheda 16.17	1296			0	0	
20	20	SAISAI-GOAT	1238.8			0	0	
21	21	Barktra 	1141			0	0	
22	22	tenniscreep	1089.4			74.4	124.8	
23	23	feifei  	1063			0	0	
24	24	Proflyer98	721.4			76.8	118.4	
25	25	zziptennis	572.8			33.6	124.8	
26	26	luvwilliams	538.2			0	0	
27	27	traddles	454.4			0	0	
28	28	rbfilipe	385.4			0	0	
29	29	JustPetko	337.4			0	0	
30	30	Hidalgo 	335.8			0	0	
31	31	dogwonder24	316.4			115.2	0	
32	32	Reephoria.	285.2			0	0	
33	33	champion88	272.6			0	0	
34	34	ArturJFC	263.4			30	0	
35	35	supertec	224			0	0	
36	36	databol 	104			0	0	
37	37	Hĺkon   	86.4			0	0	
38	38	HawkAussie	83			0	0	
39	39	lolada_4	80			0	0	
40	40	charmedRic	66			0	0	
41	41	plokploky	64			0	0	
42	42	come on lena	63			0	0	
43	43	lizzard11120	48			0	0	
44	44	JustWonderful	42			0	0	
45	45	mariusz_pol	14			0	0
Thank you for playing Three Hands this year. Hopefully to see you around next year.

I will try to address some of the questions from the interview during off season
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #74
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe I won!!

Thanks so much for a great game, coolfish1103!! I can't wait for next year!!

Congrats to all the finalists!

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #75
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats goOudinUSA

And thanks Coolfish
Buitenzorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote