California police kills KID carrying a toy gun - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 27th, 2013, 05:19 AM   #16
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: California police kills KID carrying a toy gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepher View Post
It should be more like a teenager rather than a kid
There 20 years old college students who are referred to as kid.
This student is still a teen, many refer to teen as kids.

Regardless of the terminology , this is something that should never have happened.
Sometime, I wonder what kind of training the police receive.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #17
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
There 20 years old college students who are referred to as kid.
This student is still a teen, many refer to teen as kids.

Regardless of the terminology , this is something that should never have happened.
Sometime, I wonder what kind of training the police receive.
Please look at the photo accompanying this story...

http://www.insidebayarea.com/breakin...idebayarea.com

..and tell me that you can tell that's not a real AK-47. On top of that, the boy was asked TWICE to drop the gun and failed to do so; he then turned towards the officers while holding the gun. They had a split-second decision to make; we have the luxury of 20-20 hindsight days after the fact. If the gun had been real, we'd be reading about two officers killed in the line of duty, and there would be an accompanying pro-gun control thread on here with hundreds of posts. Unfortunately, this is a case where everybody involved was wrong.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #18
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
Please look at the photo accompanying this story...

http://www.insidebayarea.com/breakin...idebayarea.com

..and tell me that you can tell that's not a real AK-47. On top of that, the boy was asked TWICE to drop the gun and failed to do so; he then turned towards the officers while holding the gun. They had a split-second decision to make; we have the luxury of 20-20 hindsight days after the fact. If the gun had been real, we'd be reading about two officers killed in the line of duty, and there would be an accompanying pro-gun control thread on here with hundreds of posts. Unfortunately, this is a case where everybody involved was wrong.
I am not familiar with guns, the police is.
Just a month or 2 month ago, there was a widely publicized story about an elementary school teacher who was able to convinced a mentally disturbed young man to stop shooting children in her school.

If a woman w/o formal training can do it, who do police department are so reluctant to train officers in these technique, ineatd of relying on overwhelming show of force and intimidation.
Some teens are not impressed by the macho tactics.

People outside of this country, think our police is too trigger happy. They are too eager to shoot first and then ask questions later.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Oct 27th, 2013 at 06:14 AM.
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #19
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
I am not familiar with guns, the police is.
Just a month or 2 month ago, there was a widely publicized story about an elementary school teacher who was able to convinced a mentally disturbed young man to stop shooting children in her school.

If a woman w/o formal training can do it, who do police department are so reluctant to train officers in these technique, ineatd of relying on overwhelming show of force and intimidation.
Some teens are not impressed by the macho tactics.

People outside of this country, think our police is too trigger happy. They are too eager to shoot first and then ask questions later.
This is surprisingly naive coming from you. Do you remember Newtown?

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #20
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Well I would have referred to him as a teen if he were 16/17, but honestly I remember me and my friends and classmates at 13 and we still looked like friggin' kids

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #21
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Well I would have referred to him as a teen if he were 16/17, but honestly I remember me and my friends and classmates at 13 and we still looked like friggin' kids
13-year-olds definitely look like kids compared to 16/17 year olds.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #22
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post

Why are toymakers allowed to make guns that look so real that they endanger kids lives. Something is terribly wrong.
They'll cite market demand, similar to why so many kids want genuine (replica) football, basketball, etc. jerseys. Which doesn't excuse the companies who do it, or the cops not having more non-lethal means of disabling ppl from a distance (like tear gas, bright strobe lights, sound weapons, etc).
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #23
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
you mean TEEN? I thought it's those 6/7 year old.
Anyhow
So what difference does it make he's a 13 year old kid and he's dead because the cops stopped him.
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #24
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hablo View Post
^^He doesn't look white to me with that hair.

Sad to hear that it is still shoot first and ask questions later.

RIP kiddo.
Only from that racist apologist would think that kid looks white. He just can't help himself. If the kid looked white in a white neighborhood the cops may have taken a second look or at least told the kid to drop his weapon before shooting him seven times. No matter how hard that poster tries it still comes into these types off threads and say stupid stuff.

Last edited by mykarma : Oct 27th, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
mykarma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #25
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post
Only from that racist apologist would think that kid looks white. He just can't help himself. If the kid looked white in a white neighborhood the cops may have taken a second look or at least told the kid to drop his weapon before shooting him seven times. No matter how hard that poster tries it still comes into these types off threads and say stupid stuff.
If that kid's Black, then George Zimmerman is Black. You can't have it both ways.
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #26
country flag mykarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
If that kid's Black, then George Zimmerman is Black. You can't have it both ways.
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #27
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

It really, really leaves me wondering... Is "shoot-to-kill" the only method of armed defense that policemen are trained for? I mean, really, hit by 7 bullets here. In another recent story it was 10 bullets. How about warning shots? How about neutralizing shots ( as, sorry, into the legs )?

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #28
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
It really, really leaves me wondering... Is "shoot-to-kill" the only method of armed defense that policemen are trained for? I mean, really, hit by 7 bullets here. In another recent story it was 10 bullets. How about warning shots? How about neutralizing shots ( as, sorry, into the legs )?
Seems like the logical thing to do... If they must shoot first and question later.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #29
country flag Thanos

Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i thought at least they would use a taser gun that would be safer than live round.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 01:46 AM   #30
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
That has been my question as well.
Why can't they shoot to incapacitate? Isn't that part of their training?

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Oct 28th, 2013 at 01:58 AM.