Australian Open - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:45 PM   #151
country flag Jimbo109

Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice
Re: Australian Open

I write the missing dates:

1990 January 15-28
1991 January 14-27

1993 January 18-31
1994 January 17-30
1995 January 16-29

1997 January 13-26
1998 19 Jan-1 Feb
1999 January 18-31
2000 January 17-30

2002 January 14-27
2003 January 13-26
2004 19 Jan-1 Feb
Jimbo109 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #152
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jimbo!

I've not added them in yet, but will put this on my to do list. Thanks again
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #153
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Dates added. Thank you Jimbo
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:54 PM   #154
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

2013 singles draw added today through quarters. Over the next few days I'll complete the doubles and mixed and add comments.

If anyone finds errors or wants to suggest comments to summarize the event please feel free to contribute
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #155
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Added mixed draw for 2013. Need to complete doubles draw and add comments.
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #156
country flag LKK

LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
2013 singles draw added today through quarters. Over the next few days I'll complete the doubles and mixed and add comments.

If anyone finds errors or wants to suggest comments to summarize the event please feel free to contribute
Please write that Margaret Smith Court presented the trophies this year
LKK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #157
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
Please write that Margaret Smith Court presented the trophies this year
Nice suggestion LKK. I will do this. I still need to update complete 2013.

I added some names for 1939. The 1939 draw is now 100% complete!There are no missing first names in our draw!
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 02:56 AM   #158
AndrewTas

AndrewTas has disabled reputation
Re: 1927

Quote:
Draw Notes:

Ursula Bere usually listed as MU Bere.
Miss Hopkins was from Victoria.
Miss McDougall (in doubles draw) was from Western Australia
Minnie Richardson listed as MU Richardson
Pauline Spencer-Parsons is listed as B Parsons on the official Aussie website.

Daphne Akhurst's default in singles altered the doubles draws. Seeds were kept the same-with O'Hara Wood taking her place in the doubles and Youtha Anthony replacing Akhurst in the mixed.

Melbourne Argus
There was a B Parsons playing in Melbourne and country Victoria from 1924 to 1928. The local newspapers of the time also have B Parsons listed.
AndrewTas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #159
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
There was a B Parsons playing in Melbourne and country Victoria from 1924 to 1928. The local newspapers of the time also have B Parsons listed.
thank you kindly Andrew Tas

I have put the name back in 1927 as B Parsons.

Pauline Spencer-Parsons seems to date from a later period (circa 1933-36) and was primarily a Tasmanian player.
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 10:37 PM   #160
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Thanks to Jimbo for finding an error. For 1971 "Emmerson" should be Joy Emerson.

I have corrected the error.

Thanks Jimbo
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #161
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Corrected and updated the 1946 draw. I found the identity of Mrs Ray J Cock. Her maiden name was Doreen Fleet.
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #162
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Correction made to the 1971 draw. Thanks to Andrew Tas for solving the identity of Mrs Emmerson.

Mrs Emmerson=Jill Emmerson, nee Blackman. [Per Andrew Tas] World of Tennis has Emmerson as the spelling. The Sydney Morning Herald also confirms this on March 11 1971.
Jill Blackman played after she got married into the mid 1970's mainly in and around Sydney.
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 03:12 PM   #163
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

I am pre-editing in the 2014 event. Also need to fill in some missing recent years, so if anyone has time to look at them or add resulrs/years I aprreciate it
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 06:16 AM   #164
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

2014 singles up to date. Will complete doubles events by weeks end.

Then to work completing the Aussie through all the years. We are in good luck due to the early work of our dedicated Aussies of the past, namely Andrew Tas and GeeTee

Building on their work and using the Australian Trove website I am confident we are creeping closer to 100% when it comes to results and first/last names.

The Aussie web site also does a great job putting out draws, so we drawon that source as well. Note that the Blast has more complete draws (and names) for early years however.
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 07:50 AM   #165
country flag LKK

LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice

Quote:
2014 singles up to date. Will complete doubles events by weeks end.

Then to work completing the Aussie through all the years. We are in good luck due to the early work of our dedicated Aussies of the past, namely Andrew Tas and GeeTee

Building on their work and using the Australian Trove website I am confident we are creeping closer to 100% when it comes to results and first/last names.

The Aussie web site also does a great job putting out draws, so we drawon that source as well. Note that the Blast has more complete draws (and names) for early years however.
Chris Evert presented the trophies in 2014
LKK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote