After today SIMONA HALEP deserves most improved Player of the Year NOT SLOANE ! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 18th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #16
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future
Re: After today SIMONA HALEP deserves most improved Player of the Year NOT SLOANE !

The 2nd and 5th names in my sig are in contention, as well.

The future of the WTA
SLOANE STEPHENS MADISON KEYS MONICA PUIG ELINA SVITOLINA
EUGENIE BOUCHARD

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
lupojohn is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 18th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #17
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of
Re: After today SIMONA HALEP deserves most improved Player of the Year NOT SLOANE !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
Although I wouldn't disagree with you, your flag suggests which way you would go.
My flag has nothing to do with my view on this. I try to base my opinions on facts. Niculescu is also Romanian but I hope she loses every match she plays because I can't stand her style of play. I'm not a nationalist fanatic
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #18
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future

Aside from two slam results Sloane is a reasonably consistent 1-2 round winner on tour. Halep strung together very good winning streaks on tour but was kind of bad at the slams. Even weighting the slams more heavily I'd say Simona based on tennis results.

However because it's voted on by the tennis media and it is more heavily weighted towards western Europe and the English-speaking it wouldn't surprise me if it were Sloane.
Tampering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #19
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

It has nothing to do with that. Nonsense. It depends on what criteria they use. If it's performance, Simona will win it, although, as we have seen, you can go pretty far if you perform steady without winning anything major. If they take the rankings into account, Madison or Bouchard could win it. They both have climbed pretty high and are now in the Top 40 and are sure bets to be in the Top 20 next year.

The future of the WTA
EUGENIE BOUCHARD

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #20
country flag drg

drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of

Quote:
It has nothing to do with that. Nonsense. It depends on what criteria they use. If it's performance, Simona will win it, although, as we have seen, you can go pretty far if you perform steady without winning anything major. If they take the rankings into account, Madison or Bouchard could win it. They both have climbed pretty high and are now in the Top 40 and are sure bets to be in the Top 20 next year.
you belive what u type?
drg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #21
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Keys and Bouchard are more in line for Newcomer of the year I would think.

bobito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #22
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
you belive what u type?
Yes he does. He also loves to accuse others of non-objectivity.
Tampering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #23
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Bouchard - Most Improved? Never. She is a newcomer.

As for the title, Stephens has the advantage of being an American and the hype around her name. Based on tennis results, Simona deserves it more.
“If you’re a human being walking the earth, you’re weird, you’re strange, you’re psychologically challenged" - Phillip Seymour Hoffman
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #24
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
you belive what u type?
Yes. In this case, me and Tampering are pals, so it was a joke.

The future of the WTA
EUGENIE BOUCHARD

Old Oct 18th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #25
country flag Mike.

Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully it won't be the same story like in ATP last year, when Klizan got the award for winning Sankt Petersburg and he's now one of the biggest mugs playing, and Janowicz achieved much more than him and he isn't even nominated this year. But they were awarding players before the last event
Award for Halep, any other result will be a bad option.
Mike. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #26
jkelley94

jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all

Both are deserving candidates. Personally, I'd give it to Halep (despite Sloane's twin demolitions of her in Australia), but it would be fun to see the hatefest that developed if Sloane won.
jkelley94 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #27
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelley94 View Post
Both are deserving candidates. Personally, I'd give it to Halep (despite Sloane's twin demolitions of her in Australia), but it would be fun to see the hatefest that developed if Sloane won.
The hatefest has been going on since January.

The future of the WTA
EUGENIE BOUCHARD

Old Oct 18th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #28
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

People seem to forget that Simona had a horrific start of the year. She was 47 at the beginning of the year and dropped to 62 or 63 by May. But then she managed that awesome run in Rome and something clicked for hear. She lost in the first round at RG against CSN but in the next 2 slams she gave Na Li a run for her money in the 2nd round of Wimbledon and reached the 4th round in US Open. I think people should wait to see how she does in slams in 2014 before saying she can only get good results in smaller tournaments, as I've seen a lot of this happening.
Newcomers cannot be considered for the MIP award, that's nonsense in my opinion. That's why they created the NOTY award.
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #29
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute

If there was a "I don't get the hype" award, Stephens would have it wrapped up.

Making the YEC after reaching only 2 SFs (both in Jaunary, and one was the AO, and it came with a win over Goatrena Williams), she's made 5 QFs in the 20 subsequent events she's played. She's lost in the first or second round 7 times.

That's not improvement. That's 1 great month (10-3 in January, where she earned over 30% of her points for the year) and AWFULLY mediocre after that.

Halep has earned the Most Improved Award for SURE!
MrSerenaWilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #30
country flag Tenis Srbija

Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute Tenis Srbija has a reputation beyond repute

She really does!

Twitter

Instagram
Tenis Srbija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote