Fall season - Asia and Indoors - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #736
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fall season - Asia and Indoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
I read it couple of times... In GM section. So yes Vasa, the best thing is quit GM. Now seriously, I found that very stupid really. I know most of my friends and coleagues are not following WTA, but not bcs they think it's for gay people, but bcs they simply don't find it attractive in terms of tennis. Well, TBH, they watch only Novak and are not too "into" tennis, if you know what I mean...

But claiming that WTA fans are mostly gay is so dumb. I guess it's only one of symptoms of GM.
The majority of TF members are gay men. And this board has over 70.000 members. WTA stars do have a lot of gay fans. Serena and Sharapova are gay icons, just like Beyonce, Lady Gaga or Madonna. Of course, being a male fan of Beyonce or Sharapova doesn't make you gay and it's silly to feel insecure in any way because you're a WTA fan. And I don't see how it can be bad for WTA to have so many gay fans.

Bigots will try to make it look like WTA is some joke, but they are huge hypocrites, so who cares? Their logic is hilarious. They're gonna mock women's tennis because girls are weaker, they have no serve etc. And when someone like Serena hits more aces on Wimbledon than Federer, Murray or Tsonga, they call her a man or an animal.

We're in 21 first century, girls follow football, go to gym, drive cars, drink beer, become politicians. Except for a small % of idiots, nobody has a problem with that. I don't see why it's so scandalous that there are men who like WTA, figure skating or ballet. My father follows all men's and women's sports. My boyfriend sometimes watches WTA with me, he likes Zvonareva and Radwanska. During Ana's and JJ's best years, almost all men I know were following WTA.
Advertisement

Old Oct 15th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #737
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
The majority of TF members are gay men. And this board has over 70.000 members. WTA stars do have a lot of gay fans. Serena and Sharapova are gay icons, just like Beyonce, Lady Gaga or Madonna. Of course, being a male fan of Beyonce or Sharapova doesn't make you gay and it's silly to feel insecure in any way because you're a WTA fan. And I don't see how it can be bad for WTA to have so many gay fans.

Bigots will try to make it look like WTA is some joke, but they are huge hypocrites, so who cares? Their logic is hilarious. They're gonna mock women's tennis because girls are weaker, they have no serve etc. And when someone like Serena hits more aces on Wimbledon than Federer, Murray or Tsonga, they call her a man or an animal.

We're in 21 first century, girls follow football, go to gym, drive cars, drink beer, become politicians. Except for a small % of idiots, nobody has a problem with that. I don't see why it's so scandalous that there are men who like WTA, figure skating or ballet. My father follows all men's and women's sports. My boyfriend sometimes watches WTA with me, he likes Zvonareva and Radwanska. During Ana's and JJ's best years, almost all men I know were following WTA.
I completely agree with you and like I said, I never heard someone saying to me that following WTA is a gay thing for man...not at all. However, I didn't know that most of TF members are gay man. Nothing wrong with that, I just didn't know really, that's why those posts from TF posters left me surprised.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #9
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #738
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

From Peter Bodo's blog:

" Elena Vesnina is going to play The WTA Tournament of Champions (the more accurate title might be : Tournament of the Also-Rans and a Beauty Queen) instead of the Fed Cup fnal in Sardinia against Italy..."

Strange...For years Bodo can't get his head out of Novak's ass, but also he can't stop trashing Ana whenever he wants...
gloria7 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #739
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

^ Bodo is a known WTA hater, and it's clear he doesn't follow it closely.

He's called Kim Clijsters a "milkmaid," Sharapova a fake Russian and money-grubber, and bashed Vika's grunting and attitude.

Last edited by RU90 : Oct 15th, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
RU90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #740
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
From Peter Bodo's blog:

" Elena Vesnina is going to play The WTA Tournament of Champions (the more accurate title might be : Tournament of the Also-Rans and a Beauty Queen) instead of the Fed Cup fnal in Sardinia against Italy..."

Strange...For years Bodo can't get his head out of Novak's ass, but also he can't stop trashing Ana whenever he wants...
Gloria7, do you really think he is trashing her? He called her "beauty queen" - that's a nice thing to say for a girl I think.

Joke aside, that old man is really annoying. I can't believe he is senior editor for Tennis magazin and still he can write such things for an WTA event... You can think whatever you want, but as an editor you should really act professional and this sounds so rude from his mouth. Even if it's just personal blog, it's not ok.
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #741
Ana'sProcess

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
^ Bodo is a known WTA hater, and it's clear he doesn't follow it closely.

He's called Kim Clijsters a "milkmaid," Sharapova a fake Russian and money-grubber, and bashed Vika's grunting and attitude..
... and still he won the WTA Tour Award for "Best Writer of the Year" twice, in 1979 and 1981. (source Wikipedia)
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #742
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
From Peter Bodo's blog:

Bodo is a sexist pig, his opinion is irrelevant. Just remember his trashy comments about Sharapova and Kvitty. He should never be quoted, nobody should comment on his blogs. Just ignore the pig and it will shut up.
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #743
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well Said
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #744
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh I can't stand Bodo. Years ago when I first started following the WTA he trashed players like Serena etc. I can't think of anyone who likes him.
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #745
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Bodo has always been clearly negative, I don't even read or care about what he writes. As for Ana, I'm surprised that she still wants to play Moscow. It seems that she really enjoys competing at the moment and that she wants results. The end of this season is certainly crowdy for her, but she embraces it. If she thinks she can take it all physically and mentally, then it's fine. She can go all the way in Moscow, but we'll see the reality. Her team is OK, but I think that she should bring some changes on for the next season. I hope she doesn't catch a cold in Russia, try to do your best.
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #746
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
Bodo has always been clearly negative, I don't even read or care about what he writes. As for Ana, I'm surprised that she still wants to play Moscow. It seems that she really enjoys competing at the moment and that she wants results. The end of this season is certainly crowdy for her, but she embraces it. If she thinks she can take it all physically and mentally, then it's fine. She can go all the way in Moscow, but we'll see the reality. Her team is OK, but I think that she should bring some changes on for the next season. I hope she doesn't catch a cold in Russia, try to do your best.
It's pretty infuriating that she only seems to get like this at the end of the season

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #747
country flag verdegreen

verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of

Quote:

OMG your bf is gay!

I agree with you, BTW

ERIĆ*JOKIĆ*JOROVIĆ
IVANOVIĆ*JOVANOVSKI*JAKŠIĆ

KVITOVA*DATE-KRUM*PETKOVIĆ*MLADENOVIĆ*LI

NETTENIS.ORG
verdegreen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #748
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdegreen View Post
OMG your bf is gay!

I agree with you, BTW
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #749
country flag Alexie

Alexie is just really nice Alexie is just really nice Alexie is just really nice Alexie is just really nice Alexie is just really nice Alexie is just really nice Alexie is just really nice Alexie is just really nice Alexie is just really nice Alexie is just really nice Alexie is just really nice

it took me a while to get the gay comment, but once i saw the highlighted part. omg!

Last edited by Alexie : Oct 16th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
Alexie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #750
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdegreen View Post
OMG your bf is gay!
I know, I noticed that too. Few days ago someone posted the pic of Rafa hugging his friend, saying that Rafa must be gay. So I remembered that my bf has some pics where he hugs his friends, so he must be gay too. I need to let him know.