Articles and Interviews - Page 256 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 14th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #3826
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

@johasger (despite not being active on twitter) is apparently Troels Christensen, the one good tennis journalist on EkstraBladet.

I haven't got a clue, if Caro and Rory has broken up or not, but I know, that if they both deny it, the Irish tabloid will then just (again) spin it, as they're trying to reconcile and blah blah ... until, the tabloid runs their next 'broken up' article.

It's the tabloid way. 1) Create a rumour ... 2) Write about the rumour 3) Deny the rumour 4) Go back to 1)

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 14th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #3827
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quotable Quotes: Caro & Sloane
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...es-caro-sloane
Quote:
Caroline Wozniacki
On her season so far...
"It's been a very good learning experience for me, and hopefully I can use that experience next year. What fits my game, what suits me - I'll learn from it all and it's just about moving on from there."

On Serena Williams...
"Serena is an amazing player. When she's at her best, I think she's just that extra level ahead of us. She's so strong and so experienced, and she has the determination. She's an unbelievable champion. You can see how many Grand Slams she's won, and you don't do that by accident. It's really amazing what she's achieved and she's a great person as well. I really respect her for everything she's done."

On what it was like to be No.1...
"For me it was a dream come true. It was something I was always dreaming of and something I always wanted, so to get there at such a young age was amazing for me. But obviously you become a target and everyone wants to beat you. That's why so few people are No.1 for a long time. It becomes harder and harder. For me to finish No.1 two years in a row was amazing and something I'm very proud of."

On getting back to the Top 5...
"I just need to keep playing the way I do and hopefully next year will be a great year for me."

On her first round opponent in Luxembourg, Mandy Minella...
"Obviously it's going to be tough - I'm sure the crowd will be behind her, but hopefully I'll have a few fans myself. Hopefully it'll be a full stadium. I hope we have a good match. I don't know her that well, I don't think I've ever played her, but I need to focus on myself and what I need to do out there."

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #3828
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On getting back to the Top 5...
"I just need to keep playing the way I do and hopefully next year will be a great year for me."
"Keep playing the way I do?" I'm not sure that is going to work.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 10:06 AM   #3829
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
That part I liked. She has to be similar to the player who was winning from summer 2010-summer 2011.
Thats her best style. There are little changes she can make, like improve her net play and serve, but I think changing her defensive style goes away from her strengths
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #3830
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

VIDEO: Wozniacki out of her "comfort zone"

Caroline Wozniacki goes into his last tournament of the year as the favorite, but would rather focus on playing bravely, she says.
http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_spor.../15/172429.htm
Quote:
Tuesday night takes Caroline Wozniacki hole on his last tournament in 2013, when unsuspected Mandy Minella's opponent in the first round of the WTA tournament Luxembourg Open.

But despite status as favorite and fřrsteseedet, has Wozniacki another primary agenda than to win the tournament.

-I have trained some new things in the past, and that is what I would like to try to go in and deliver, says Caroline Wozniacki to DR sport.

-I will of course try to win the tournament and end the year on a good way. But it's important that I try to play the way that I have trained. I need to be more brave and try to go out of my "comfort zone," she says.

Old Oct 15th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #3831
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ I like too hear that her going out her comfort zone not saying I want her too lose her main game which is defense but Like I said many time she has too go for her shots and find that balance with offense tennis and defense

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #3832
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caro's been out of her comfort zone since 2011 Cincy & Roger's Cup.
She might spend the last 10 years of her career out of her comfort zone

Old Oct 15th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #3833
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Caro's been out of her comfort zone since 2011 Cincy & Roger's Cup.
She might spend the last 10 years of her career out of her comfort zone
I disagree Caro started too try play more aggressive at year 2012 she never truthfully give none her two coach a change too help her improve on that also Caro has never played all year around outta her comfort zone there been matches she in played aggressive where she in won & lost but she doesn't stick too it all year and that the only way she gonna learn on how find balance on playing aggressive & defenses tennis. Also that another reason why I think she should start playing dubs at least at the slams & big events at IW & Miami cause it will help her get better at the net and moving forward

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #3834
country flag goldenlox

When she started making a lot of unforced forehand errors in 2011 Cincy & Rogers Cup, that was out of her comfort zone.

I dont know why she wants to be out of her comfort zone. You want to win while in your comfort zone.
Then you're winning with plan A. She wants to go straight to plan B, which she's not good at

Old Oct 15th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #3835
country flag Trey

^ yeah but improvement need too be made at this point and if that has too be made by her getting outta her comfort zone then yes I be happy I think many ppl need too see it as all caro loses don't come from her making alot of error, it mostly comes from her gettin over powered and blow off the court due too the fact she doesn't go for her shots & I disagree with it started 2011 Cincy & Rogers Cup yes she lost early in both matches and made alot error but she really stated too make alot error in 2012 & like you in said recently how Li Na came back at Aussie open during that match caro error count was low but she barley had winner, you have too think if she went for her winners beside waiting for an error would there been an different outcome

Old Oct 15th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #3836
country flag goldenlox

The match with Li was the semi of a major. she never gets near a slam semi since she fell from #1

Old Oct 15th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #3837
country flag CWTennis

WOZNIACKI MOVES ON IN LUXEMBOURG

Caroline Wozniacki was tested by Mandy Minella in the first round of the BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open on Tuesday, but was victorious.

- See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl....5EALtdc9.dpuf

Old Oct 15th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #3838
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
When she started making a lot of unforced forehand errors in 2011 Cincy & Rogers Cup, that was out of her comfort zone.

I dont know why she wants to be out of her comfort zone. You want to win while in your comfort zone.
Then you're winning with plan A. She wants to go straight to plan B, which she's not good at
I guess it depends on what sort of time period she was referencing/thinking of. If the time period in question was the last two tournaments, Tokyo and Beijing, then I would say it's a good thing. But if it's most of the past couple of years, then I'd say it's a bad thing.

What does Caro consider her comfort zone to be? If it's more or less just waiting for an opponent's unforced errors, then she's not gonna have that much success doing that.

Maybe something has been lost in the translation into english as far as those phrases go.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #3839
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I guess it depends on what sort of time period she was referencing/thinking of. If the time period in question was the last two tournaments, Tokyo and Beijing, then I would say it's a good thing. But if it's most of the past couple of years, then I'd say it's a bad thing.

What does Caro consider her comfort zone to be? If it's more or less just waiting for an opponent's unforced errors, then she's not gonna have that much success doing that.

Maybe something has been lost in the translation into english as far as those phrases go.
When Caro was winning Tier I's she wasnt waiting for errors. When there was a chance to be aggressive with her backhand, she went for it. Her forehand just doesnt have enough consistency for her to be aggressive. She has to hit to either corner, but with her forehand, she has to be steady. Otherwise she's just giving key points away and the result is where she is the last 2 years. Almost no titles, no good slam runs, and no YEC as a top 8 player at the end of the year.

If getting brave and leaving her comfort zone continue, she just doesnt have the consistency to win like that

Old Oct 17th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #3840
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Oh, no...Bodo wrote about Caro again. I shouldn't have bothered.

Quote:
They Said What? Wozniacki Fires Back

“There is nothing in it, and from now on I just think that I will keep my private life private. It is so annoying that the media and the so-called sources constantly spread the rumors. They write just what they want.”—Caroline Wozniacki, reacting in Ekstra Bladet (a Danish newspaper) to a report in the Irish Independent that her boyfriend, Irish golfer Rory McIlroy, was so upset by a photo Wozniacki posted on Twitter that he broke up with her, leaving the Dane “absolutely devastated.”

This saga, now a few days running, began when Wozniacki posted a now widely viewed picture of McIlroy sleeping—his mouth agape and the Brooklyn-cool glasses crooked on his face. The only thing missing is drool. (Where is Photoshop when you really need it?)

Even Serena Williams took note, and playfully tweeted: “Omg Caro u are soooo mean!!!! Love it!!”

The question of the moment in many tabloid outposts these days is, “Did he or didn’t he?” Meaning, did McIlroy break up with Wozniacki over this posting, as reported in the not always bankable Irish Independent?

After all, this same outfit reported that McIlroy dumped Wozniacki way back in August, and characterized her as “totally distraught.” Does anyone else get the feeling that reporting devastating, shattering, gut-wrenching, heart-breaking, and distraughifying (yeah, I made up the word) splits between McIlroy and Wozniacki have become a cottage industry on the Emerald Isle?

In this latest missive, the Irish Independent quoted an unidentified source as having said: “There were a lot of tears. She (Wozniacki) still has her profile picture on her social-networking site set as the two of them in happier times, but I can tell you the pair are no longer an item.”

Well, perhaps Wozniacki, the two-time year-end WTA No. 1 who has slipped to No. 9 and remains without a Grand Slam title, still has the pair in her Twitter profile picture because they are still together. Wozniacki herself fired back with the quote at the top of this piece. She also was quoted in the same story as saying, “I’m so tired of the rumors. They occur every time Rory and I are apart a few days or do not write on Twitter.”

I report all this not because I’m particularly interested in the love lives of McIlroy and Wozniacki, but because it so vividly brings to mind the shopworn but always useful Shakespearean phrase, “The lady doth protest too much, methinks.”

If you don’t want this kind of attention, Caro, don’t post pictures of your famous boyfriend looking somewhat grotesque in bed in the first place. To many who commented on this affair, publishing a picture like that by someone in an intimate relationship with the subject is a “fire-able offense.”

I don’t know about that, other than to say that if I did anything remotely like this, my wife would take a pair of pliers and pull out my fingernails. But I do know that if some men are indeed dogs, some women are hounds—publicity hounds, that is. I can think of half a dozen of them, and that’s just using the names Lohan and Kardashian.

You can add Wozniacki to that august company. The problem for me is that so many of her stunts or attempts at humor are cringe-worthy. There’s no crime in always taking a joke or some banter one step further than it needs to go. And Wozniacki certainly isn’t the only person on the planet whose humor is strikingly lacking in what we call “subtlety.” I like that she’s pretty open about her life, of course; it’s just a shame that she’s not really that interesting.

If you’re a fan of Wozniacki, you might be concerned that she’s going to be good for her word on becoming more private. I wouldn’t worry about that, though—I have a feeling she likes things just the way they are.
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/...roke-her/49480

This is just about as bad as his "Woz the WAG" piece.
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/...-woz-wag/47062
RU90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote