Mirjana 2013: live matches - Page 122 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 14th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #1816
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana 2013: live matches

http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/T...vourer-1649451

Again no photo with title!
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 14th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #1817
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
I know! If it was a French girl that had won, they would have shown her drinking champagne from the winner's cup. Maybe another photo will turn up, but they did provide a nice action shot of Miki, wherein she's smiling as she whips a forehand and her boobs look ... er ... exceptionally HUGE ... <---- Yeah, like they could do that.

Give that lady a million dollars and put her in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue, already!

Seriously, though, La Nouvelle Republique (and Europe in general) offers much cleaner, more engaging sports journalism than we're getting the States right now, where most college grads are emerging from university with nothing but hangovers and functional illiteracy. The article is well-written (Miki is described with fondness and respect; she is called "a resurgent phoenix") and best of all is her little comment. For those who want a proper translation of the idiomatic French, Mirjana's remarks:

"I'm very happy my level of play allowed me to come up with a win three years after my last success at a $75K in Albuquerque. I played super tennis against a player I didn't know. This encourages me to play the circuit for a few more years and hopefully experience some of those big emotions at the Grand Slam tournaments again."

I think we fans might have 2-3 more years of Miki out there, so long as she has moments like this that show her how well she can play. I can see her retiring at 35 and hopefully, in the next few years, her big dream of a good run will come true, somewhere.

A wiser schedule and continued hard work with a good coach will prove the difference. Don't know if Top 50 is in the cards for her, but certainly, I think she could attain a Wimbledon Quarterfinal (If the stars line-up correctly) and with a few good results grouped around a run like that, she could find herself with a nice ranking spike before she hangs it up.

At this point, I hope her secret goals are to win at least one WTA singles event at the international level, more dubs titles anywhere, reach at least the final 16 of one Slam in singles, and get a few more ITF titles. All "doable" for her, I think, but not for too long as every year she'll get slower and have to work harder.

No need to wait three more years for another ITF win, with some savvy scheduling, and if she realizes her dream, I think savvy scheduling with have a lot to do with it. Good luck in Limoges, Miki. Go to the porcelain factory on your day off
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #1818
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

match about to start. let's hope her form holds up.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #1819
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

1-2* broken to love to start the match just like against Mestache.
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #1820
country flag SERVivor

40-40
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #1821
country flag SERVivor

bp
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #1822
country flag SERVivor

2nd bp
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #1823
country flag SERVivor

2 bp not converted
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #1824
country flag SERVivor

3rd bp
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #1825
country flag SERVivor

1-3. missed 3 bps
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #1826
country flag SERVivor

2-3
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #1827
country flag SERVivor

3 more bp lost. score now 2-4. What's saving Pliskova on serve is aces. She has 8 aces in only 3 service games.
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #1828
country flag SERVivor

3-4*
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #1829
country flag SERVivor

0-30
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #1830
country flag SERVivor

15-40. she's overdue for a break