Anett Kontaveit - Page 148 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 13th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #2206
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Well done! Congrats on another title! And what a comeback indeed from *04
But seriously, how did she first lose to Bai and now this?

Moving closer to top 200 as well
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 13th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #2207
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post

Well done! Congrats on another title! And what a comeback indeed from *04
But seriously, how did she first lose to Bai and now this?

Moving closer to top 200 as well
She always plays badly in her 1st couple of matches after travelling Remember when she beat that Stamenkovic girl in Izmir 3 and 4 (IIRC), same in Athens and lost to Smith
She needs a lot of match practice And I think jetlag because she said she wasn't sleeping well and maybe didn't like Perth She plays well in cities she likes Still, the contrast is quite unfathomable

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 05:42 AM   #2208
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

I hope she can do well in Bendigo too, but with her you never know as it seems her game is too much affected by her moods. However if we look at the entry list then out of the top 8 she has already beaten Rogowska, Ishizu, Falconi and Rodionova (plus Barty earlier in juniors) so there is a possibility to go deep. Get some deserved rest now and good luck for Bendigos!
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 06:11 AM   #2209
country flag Rusher

Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all

So happy, nice result. Now do your best in next tournaments.
Rusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #2210
country flag muusa

Btw, what has the cut-off for AO qualies been in the recent years? Wasn't it eventually as low as 277 this year?
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #2211
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Btw, what has the cut-off for AO qualies been in the recent years? Wasn't it eventually as low as 277 this year?
No I'm pretty sure it is in or around 220-230...
Still she will most likely make it as an Alternate if she really wants to
Depending on her results, I'd like to see her play Burnie, Launceston, Bundaberg, Ipswich and maybe Mildura 25s Even if she is Top 200 by then, she could realistically collect almost 200 Points and over $10,000 from them

It is disturbing how close to the 25Ks the 50s are in strength Really, unless she gets Barty in her 1st match or something, if she played like she did this week she should win 1 Still, this is Anett I think there will be a stream though because I recall one for when Babos beat Kostova and I think that was Bendigo not Traralgon...

Anett is either close to or in the Top 300 in Doubles as well now

OMG people look at Anett's tweets Luckily it didn't go to a 3rd Only 2 days off... Shame she can't take advantage of the local wines Let's hope she can get her 2nd 50K in a few weeks time Even though last year and to an extent this year she has underperformed a bit, she never fails to put up the titles 9th of her Career already and 4 of the year, best year to date by Titles and stronger titles I don't know anyone else of her age with so many Singles and also Doubles title That is one of the smartest things about her schedule IMO, of not the only smart thing: she always gets wins somewhere even if they are just 10Ks or Doubles

Quote:

Last edited by chingching : Oct 13th, 2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #2212
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #2213
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
OMG people look at Anett's tweets Luckily it didn't go to a 3rd Only 2 days off...
Why is she so exhausted after only 5 matches (of which 2 were quite easy by score at least)?
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #2214
country flag chingching

Quote:
Why is she so exhausted after only 5 matches (of which 2 were quite easy by score at least)?
Remember Doubles
Maybe mental? Or maybe she tires really easily hence Moscow/Roland Garros Drama

BTW, I am so pumped for Bendigo now Unless she gets Casey, Ash or plays like she did in Perth who can stop her
Also she won't miss out on seeding by much in Bendigo #2 If only Perth Still, also with Doubles, this trip has been a great success so far IMO

Quote:
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #2215
country flag muusa

Oh yeah, I totally forgot doubles
Yeah, based on the performance here she really should go deep, but we'll see.. It's great that she can get some rest now and relax a bit. I guess AO qualies is quite likely now, but in order to avoid being an alternate (and all that anxious waiting for others to withdraw etc) she needs some more points still. In November her QF points from Helsinki are dropping off as well.
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #2216
country flag chingching

Quote:
Oh yeah, I totally forgot doubles
Yeah, based on the performance here she really should go deep, but we'll see.. It's great that she can get some rest now and relax a bit. I guess AO qualies is quite likely now, but in order to avoid being an alternate (and all that anxious waiting for others to withdraw etc) she needs some more points still. In November her QF points from Helsinki are dropping off as well.
Yeah
IIRC I think she only needs to gain about 20 Points as well as defend her Helsinki points to be Top 230ish
2 QFs or a QF and a SF should do it and with good draws they should happen
She also has that 1 tournament up her sleeve so if she wants to enter a last minute tournament to get her over the line that's also a possibility

Anett throwing out the thank yous on twitter Nice to see her not only getting praise but she is responding She will have a massive fanbase some day

Quote:

Last edited by chingching : Oct 15th, 2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #2217
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
She will have a massive fanbase some day
Quite likely. Unless you have turned the whole forum against her by that time

Even now when she has just been playing the lower ITF circuit her thread has a decent amount of views compared to for example the likes of Svitolina and Keys who are in top 50. Also a number of Estonians read this forum I suppose, but most of them don't have an account.

Btw it looks like she might snatch that last seeding in the second Bendigo
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #2218
country flag chingching

Anett with some champagne which she can't drink

Finally a mention on Tennis Australia about her victory although they did copy the Margaret River Mail's report and spell her name wrong
http://www.tennis.com.au/wa/news/201...singles-finals

And on this page are 20 images from the Final Looking nice and for the first time I will say less slim
http://www.margaretrivermail.com.au/...river/?cs=1429

Hopefully just the type of shots but I don't like her bleached hair

Quote:
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #2219
country flag muusa

Great to see some pics!
A weird choice to wear those neon sports undies on top of tights
She looks a bit different, but I cannot point my finger on it. Her face features look more mature, maybe wearing makeup or sth. Loved the hairdo btw
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #2220
country flag chingching

Quote:
Great to see some pics!
A weird choice to wear those neon sports undies on top of tights
She looks a bit different, but I cannot point my finger on it. Her face features look more mature, maybe wearing makeup or sth. Loved the hairdo btw
I like the hairdo just the colour in combination with her tan is very bright
I think there may be a stream in Bendigo

Quote: