Mona's Last Stands in 2013 (Linz & Luxembourg) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 7th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #16
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona's Last Stands in 2013 (Linz & Luxembourg)

I weren´t able to watch the match, although I always wanted to see Svitolina but whatever..
anyway, reading the comments, another shi** match from Mona with awful errors, no serve, no attitude and bad coaching..so nothing new, got worse over the season once again and Mona knows that as well but didn´t change anything this year, so we just can hope that she will do the right things this time...not much hope for Luxembourg as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post

Does she idolize early Mary Pierce? Just asking.
Quote:
...and a pretty ugly screamer. Makes me think of, I don't know... a witch sort of crow.
wow, that both doesn´t sound likeable at all
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #17
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grininel View Post
Horror show between two jaded players as expected.
She didn't care about the result throughout the match and simply tried everything left in her arsenal.
Squeaky Svitoli was just so eager as to beat this kind of an opponent, so good for her.
I guess regaining the movement that she lost some time back will be the key to the improvement.
And more possible changes - new racket, stringing tighter, finding a spouse to replace mother or whatever.
A sad season after all.
I think it's not likely that she will come up with the necessary changes anytime soon, for she seems to be too closely related to her family for a 23-year-old woman.

In my opinion, it's more likely that she will still travel with her mother at the beginning of next year, and i even can imagine that a dramatic collapse in 2014 wouldn't change her mind.

And if she once has to play ITFs again, it would become extremely tough for her to get back to the WTA-Tour, especially given her inconsistency and her attitude.

So i rather expect her to retire within the next two years than to change anything.

But as a german saying goes, "Hope is the last to die".
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #18
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Very, very sobering performance.
It`s hard to find words for this and to believe that it will get better at Liuxembourg.
Mona finishes this season form-wise even worse than the last one.
Her game and her developement is crying for some changes.
But you may ask yourself where it should come from. Like this Mona will soon reach a crossroads in her career.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #19
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

She won her doubles match
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #20
country flag Grininel

Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all Grininel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
How can she be jaded when she hardly plays
Just due to the long and boring full year schedule which some delicate players cannot afford to follow. Or it's gonna be too miserable to believe she's fresh now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
So i rather expect her to retire within the next two years than to change anything.

But as a german saying goes, "Hope is the last to die".
Hopefully there will be a crack in her vicious circle.
A small observation : Her handshakes after losses are getting colder and colder. At least she knows it sucks.
Grininel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #21
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

i thought the handshake was ok, it wasnt a hand slap or anything
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #22
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

What piss me off the most is her "I don't give a shit" attitude.

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #23
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Her handshakes definitely have a more irritated/disappointed look to them. Before she'd smile and just kinda walk off court and now it looks like she's slightly pissed off. Maybe embarrassed. I know I would be after the performance she gave today (keep in mind she's a top 30-40 player).
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #24
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Very, very sobering performance.
It`s hard to find words for this and to believe that it will get better at Liuxembourg.
Mona finishes this season form-wise even worse than the last one.
Her game and her developement is crying for some changes.
But you may ask yourself where it should come from. Like this Mona will soon reach a crossroads in her career.
It's like she is forgetting she's a professional tennis player. Her serve is slowly getting worse and her game is beginning to fall apart completely. I just wish she would start improving, mentally too.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #25
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna. View Post
What piss me off the most is her "I don't give a shit" attitude.
I don't think it's that. I believe she doesn't understand what isn't working and that complaining about it just doesn't help. I may be wrong, but that's how I explain the impression that she doesn't care. She obviously tried to break back in that second set, so it's not that she completely gives up. There's a problem and she doesn't know how to fix it. She's been used to that problem for months now, so complaining or infuriating would be kinda fake.
Hugues Daniel is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #26
country flag deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

She doesn't enjoy tennis at all. I'm afraid that it is possible to end her career like Lapushchenkova done...
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #27
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliverance. View Post
She doesn't enjoy tennis at all. I'm afraid that it is possible to end her career like Lapushchenkova done...
+1

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 04:23 AM   #28
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

She's certainly struggling. She is in a pretty bad slump. Only time will tell whether she can summon the drive and take enough action to get herself out of the slump. I still think she will perform in Hobart- the venue probably inspires memories and gets her in a good mindset. If she doesn't perform in Australia though...

Incidentally I haven't been able to watch her recent matches. But what I'm reading doesn't sound good.

Last edited by HowardH : Oct 9th, 2013 at 04:42 AM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #29
country flag sortof

sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice sortof is just really nice

Quote:
She obviously tried to break back in that second set, so it's not that she completely gives up.
Well, she completely dominated 4 or 5 rallies towards the end of the second set by playing stunningly good tennis. But I don´t think that she actually wanted to turn the match around. It was just her way of telling everyone including herself "I could have won easily but I didn´t wanted to". IMHO it´s high time for her to seek help from a psychologist.
sortof is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #30
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Look how easy CSN is winning over Svitolina! So you can see how poor was Mona's performance. She is far away from any that reminds on high level tennis.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote