Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II - Page 276 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #4126
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post
yep, he said they were last year in Portugal, at a friend's tennis court/academy and they trained there.
But she got a virus there and took it with her to Australia...

this year she will go to Australia on the 9th of dec and stay there till the tournaments begin, assuming she will play Auckland and Sydney/Brisbane
If she got a virus there why did she go there again in the summer?!
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #4127
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Well, that's that. The 2012 Linz finalist is out. Except for doubles of course.
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #4128
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
saving money

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #4129
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post
yep, he said they were last year in Portugal, at a friend's tennis court/academy and they trained there.
But she got a virus there and took it with her to Australia...

this year she will go to Australia on the 9th of dec and stay there till the tournaments begin, assuming she will play Auckland and Sydney/Brisbane
She usually gets sick when travelling down under. She must be going early so that she can get her usual virus and be over it by the time the tourney starts.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #4130
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She gets ill, because she is in poor shape and playing too many tournaments (singles and doubles). It´s just stressful for the body. A different country, a different time zone, a different climate every week combined with a poor physical constiution for a professional athlete. Where it catches up with her is just a coincidence more or less.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #4131
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Maybe Nensel is just wired differently with a very thick skin and just as complacent as she is.
Regarding Nensel again, before her he coached Kiefer (not exactly the definition of work ethic either) - look up Kiefer's results under Högstedt and then under Nensel, he pretty much stopped making finals as soon as he hired Nensel..
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #4132
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Rittner better not nominate Görges for the Fed-Cup in February, because that seems to be something that might motivate Görges as she clearly cares about playing for Germany. Not that her play or ranking would justify a nomination.
Unless a miracle happens in Australia Rittner won't nominate her, she always goes with the "safe choice".
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #4133
country flag kadiHH

So, she is not going to Portugal at all? Maybe she lost the sponsorship of the resort there.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #4134
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

After Linz she will have her lowest ranking position since May 2010.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #4135
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
She gets ill, because she is in poor shape and playing too many tournaments (singles and doubles). It´s just stressful for the body. A different country, a different time zone, a different climate every week combined with a poor physical constiution for a professional athlete. Where it catches up with her is just a coincidence more or less.
Tim Böseler (from Tennismagazin) told on Sportradio 360 some time ago that he had asked Nensel about just that, if it's not just too much and Nensel apparently got very angry and defensive about it.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #4136
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadiHH View Post
So, she is not going to Portugal at all? Maybe she lost the sponsorship of the resort there.
Apparently a friend of the family owns the hotel there, so it's one of those "sponsorships", not a sponsorship.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #4137
country flag kadiHH

Quote:
Apparently a friend of the family owns the hotel there, so it's one of those "sponsorships", not a sponsorship.
After this season she's going to need more of those kind of "sponsorships" I would think because the real kind won't be there anymore.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #4138
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadiHH View Post
After this season she's going to need more of those kind of "sponsorships" I would think because the real kind won't be there anymore.
We still don't really know what happened with Nike at the end of last year, if Nike decided to drop her (which is unlikely, I think, because she had good form at the end of the year, was ranked #18 and, let's face it, she gets photographed a lot more than most players..) and Fila was an emergency solution, or if Fila signed her by outbidding Nike (looking for new faces after Kim's retirement). If it's the latter, she probably has a year or two left on the contract. Katjes should run out soon, though, but she would have lost that one anyway I think, Katjes never showed any interest in her after signing her.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #4139
country flag kadiHH

Quote:
We still don't really know what happened with Nike at the end of last year, if Nike decided to drop her (which is unlikely, I think, because she had good form at the end of the year, was ranked #18 and, let's face it, she gets photographed a lot more than most players..) and Fila was an emergency solution, or if Fila signed her by outbidding Nike (looking for new faces after Kim's retirement). If it's the latter, she probably has a year or two left on the contract. Katjes should run out soon, though, but she would have lost that one anyway I think, Katjes never showed any interest in her after signing her.
Posted a reply here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=1166
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #4140
country flag KatjaS

Andi & Jule are on court for their doubles match.
Closed Thread