Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 130 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 7th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #1936
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
YEC is meaningless anyway, so Maria skipping this event is only for the better in the long run, which is focusing on the 4 slams in 2014. She was already forced to miss US Open, so having to compromise her AO chances and preparation would be really foolish. I think she'l be back with a bang at Melbourne, just like she always does for the past few years
Yes, her "bangs" at the AO have really been successful in the past few years

No matter how well she may start, the fact that she crashed and burned so handidly at the end wipes out those other performances, at least for me
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #1937
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
Yes, her "bangs" at the AO have really been successful in the past few years

No matter how well she may start, the fact that she crashed and burned so handidly at the end wipes out those other performances, at least for me
AO surface is still perfect for her game and it is still her most successful slam
She doesn't need tons of preparation to do well on plexicushion - just a healthy shoulder and non-choking attitude on court
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #1938
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
AO surface is still perfect for her game and it is still her most successful slam
She doesn't need tons of preparation to do well on plexicushion - just a healthy shoulder and non-choking attitude on court
I'd say the FO is her "most successful" slam at this point

Sure she's made 3 finals at the AO, but played absolute shit at 2/3, and her magnificent run to the Semis last year was obliterated by her performance against Li. If you wanna look at the tournament based on how she started rather than how she ended, then fine. The AO is her most successful
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #1939
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
I'd say the FO is her "most successful" slam at this point

Sure she's made 3 finals at the AO, but played absolute shit at 2/3, and her magnificent run to the Semis last year was obliterated by her performance against Li. If you wanna look at the tournament based on how she started rather than how she ended, then fine. The AO is her most successful
AO is her best slam for both statistical and performance reasons combined - she displayed her best career tennis here in 2008 and her best matches this year came here as well. Her game just flourishes on this surface no matter how you put it. And no, I don't care that she does better at the French for the past two years - that has more to do with pathetic current clay field more than anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #1940
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I would have loved to see Maria play in the YEC but she has a very painful condition which is a side effect of her rotator cuff injury! Some of you are acting like she has simply lost interest in tennis or is pretending to train the rest of her body when Maria is and always has been one of the hardest workers on the tour.

The bursitis itself takes at least 6 weeks to heal and then needs another couple of months of rehabilitation just to be able to play. And then, unfortunately, Maria will have to rest it periodically just to keep it from reoccurring.

I wish she had had surgery to remove it (the bursa). Apparently it grows back better than ever.

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #1941
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
YEC is meaningless anyway, so Maria skipping this event is only for the better in the long run, which is focusing on the 4 slams in 2014. She was already forced to miss US Open, so having to compromise her AO chances and preparation would be really foolish. I think she'l be back with a bang at Melbourne, just like she always does for the past few years

i think she focuses only on 2 Slams: AO and FO ,Masha's second part of the season left much to be desired in the last 3 years. I think her schedule is not working for her or it's working just for a half of the year. IW-Miami-Stuttgart-Madrid-Rome-Roland Garros is too much for her (32 matches in 2,5 months this year). I think she should skip Madrid and of course don't even bother playing arabian MMs

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #1942
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 23 min

Congrats to my Philadelphia Flyers for firing their coach just three games into an 82-game season. That has to be a record, right?

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 13 min

Flyers owner said firing coach after 3 games was right move because “You can’t get rid of all the players." Somewhere Maria Sharapova nods.

Lindsay Gibbs ‏@linzsports 13 min

@BenRothenberg Maria Sharapova is wondering what took them so long.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #1943
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Not surprised, and I don't mind. The YEC is mostly dull anyway.

I just hope she can return healthy next year, maybe even return fresher than all other top players.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #1944
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 23 min

Congrats to my Philadelphia Flyers for firing their coach just three games into an 82-game season. That has to be a record, right?

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 13 min

Flyers owner said firing coach after 3 games was right move because “You can’t get rid of all the players." Somewhere Maria Sharapova nods.

Lindsay Gibbs ‏@linzsports 13 min

@BenRothenberg Maria Sharapova is wondering what took them so long.

Such a blunder move by Maria, honestly
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #1945
country flag Minimaa

Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold

Why do some of you guys go into GM?? It is so awful.
Minimaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #1946
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Sigh. Expected but still disappointing. I just really hope she's healthy for the AO.
Yep. I miss her so much

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #1947
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Yep - should not have opened that Maria YEC thread in GM - steer clear, folks.

For the offseason, hope Maria gets Hoggy or at least an equally professional tennis coach back - not some former tennis star looking to sell books.

And call me a fakefan, but the "Shara-video" phrase in her FB message just make me cringe. Really hope she drops the whole cutesy thing next year - no more Sugarpova, #Sharafamily, camera messages on court next year. Just pure domination /delusion.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 02:58 AM   #1948
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerM View Post
camera messages
But I love this thing, her dorky personality
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #1949
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

What does strength rehab mean? Serve practice?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 04:05 AM   #1950
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimaa View Post
Why do some of you guys go into GM?? It is so awful.
I honestly don't know. For some reason I thought that the haters could at least show some respect and empathy for what Maria is going through. In any sport, seeing players literally at the very top of the game forced out due to injury is really disappointing. I'm not at all a Serena fan, but I'd hate to see her forced out of the game due to injury, you want to see the very best out there competing for the spot at the top. But no, people are like 'didn't notice she was gone', 'wont be missed', etc...I get it's just an online forum but I would have thought showing a tiny bit of respect wasn't too much to ask for, clearly it is.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote