New Big West - 2012-13 - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 10th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #256
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: New Big West - 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Well the bigger question is never how many Long Beach St. adds but how many of those will end up quitting the team.

For instance last season Long Beach St. added 4 players 3 of which will likely quit the team.

2012-13 = 75% quitting rate

1. Eva Rodriguez De Las Her - quit team
2. Anne Sophie Willems - quit team & quit tennis
3. Hazuki Onaga - likely to quit team
4. Ebba Unden

2011-12 = 50% quitting rate

1. Laura Bernard - quit team & quit tennis
2. Karolina Rozenberg
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #257
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Well the bigger question is never how many Long Beach St. adds but how many of those will end up quitting the team.

For instance last season Long Beach St. added 4 players 3 of which will likely quit the team.

2012-13 = 75% quitting rate

1. Eva Rodriguez De Las Her - quit team & quit tennis
2. Anne Sophie Willems - quit team & quit tennis
3. Hazuki Onaga - likely to quit team walk on
4. Ebba Unden

2011-12 = 50% quitting rate

1. Laura Bernard - quit team & quit tennis
2. Karolina Rozenberg

Onaga is a walk on .... are you gonna start a string on walk ons that quit.... been a few at 2ndplacevine... and about 1/4 dozen each year at UCLA over the years.

The girls that play at LB ... whether they left or not.. graduate college ... except for one that I hear may not continue in school back at home. Even those that have given up tennis and returned home graduate. Seems to me that's the goal.

It's sad you pick on a really nice girl. Whether she continues or not really is none of our business, particularly as she is a walk on. But to your critique... she is a walk on (with a twice surgically repaired knee).

Ultimately, you just sound BITTER ... maybe because UCI would EIGHT more Big West titles in 12 years if they didn't finish 2nd to LB those years.

But I do vaguely recall proclamations from you in the past such as:
- LB will be done when Grady graduates (that's 3 tourney and 4 BW titles ago)
- LB will be done when their # 1, # 2 and # 3 graduate (in 2012).... whoops... how did that turn out?

What are your thoughts on 2013-14?

Final thought: HERE WE GO BEACH!

Last edited by beachman49 : Jul 10th, 2013 at 07:44 PM.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #258
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
La Verne Summer Circuit

Looks like 4 star Alexis Valenzuela is a good pick-up for Cal St. Fullerton since she defeated Long Beach State's 4 star Hazuki Onaga and considering Fullerton hasn't listed their next head coach yet.

Also looks like Hannah Stone is transferring from playing #1 singles at Northern Arizona to Cal Poly.

5 star Sarah Gealer has HI next to her name. Did she transfer to Hawaii?

Women's singles draw

Last edited by gouci : Jul 15th, 2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #259
country flag beachman49

Re: La Verne Summer Circuit

Quote:
Looks like 4 star Alexis Valenzuela is a good pick-up for Cal St. Fullerton since she defeated Long Beach State's 4 star Hazuki Onaga a.

The same Onaga who then lost badly to a bottom end 3 star headed to Pomona Pitzer? You are one hell of a prognosticator.

Oh wait.... 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 you used your crystal ball to predict UCI victory too.

Give it up man.

ON A MORE SERIOUS FRONT: WHAT IS UP WITH FULLERTON STILL NOT HAVING A COACH WHEN THEY KNEW THEIR COACH WAS RETIRING NEARLY A YEAR AGO? Did they offer someone who then turned it down?
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #260
country flag beachman49

Re: Laguna Niguel Summer Circuit

Quote:
Hayley Thompson's private coach is not just some local tennis hack, he's former American top 25 ATP player Taylor Dent. Dent runs an academy with his wife former WTA tour player Jennifer Hopkins and his dad Phil Dent who has won a doubles Grand Slam during his pro playing days.

Taylor and his dad Phil Dent are internationally renowned in the tennis community and are BETTER tennis coaches than the Long Beach St. head coach.

Taylor Dent is cousins with Misty May and that's the only reason I can think off he wouldn't object to one of his students playing for Long Beach State.
PS GoBitter..... She has not been coached by Dent for some time. Their academy folded a while ago.

Just to get your record straight.
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 11:55 AM   #261
country flag gouci

Re: La Verne Summer Circuit

Quote:
5 star Sarah Gealer has HI next to her name. Did she transfer to Hawaii?
The Azusa Pacific ITA Summer Circuit draw confirms Sarah Gealer did transfer from Maryland to Hawaii.
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #262
country flag gouci

Cal Poly news

Newspaper article on former Cal Poly star Suzie Matzenauer who is currently ranked #1 in women's singles in the Pacific Northwest.

UC Davis alum 4 star Ellie Edles is the new assistant coach at Cal Poly.

Interesting sophomore 5 star Sophia Bott has been removed from the Cal Poly roster.

Last season's UCI assistant Dianne Matias has been named head coach at Cal St. Fullerton.

Matias Named Head Women's Tennis Coach.
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 12:39 AM   #263
country flag billyoregon

billyoregon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cal Poly news

I think Sophia Bott will show up on the U Washington roster
billyoregon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 03:40 PM   #264
country flag beachman49

UCI chEater news

Replacing the Big West Player of the Year,

Mazy Watrous (3-20 her freshman year at # 6 singles for Colorado) is transferring to Irvine.

No doubt she will play top half in the typically stacked chEater line up this season (justified because she played at powerhouse CU in the Pac 12 even though she couldn't even beat bottom end ladies from Air Force or NAU).

Welcome to the Big West Ms. Watrous
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #265
country flag gouci

Re: UCI chEater news

Mazy Watrous joins an growing list of California 5 star players who probably were enamored to play in the Pac 12 but ended up unhappy and returning back to California.

Mazy Watrous - transfers out of Colorado

Hailey Johnson - transfers out of Arizona

Danielle Flores - transfers out of Utah

Picking a school based on their reputation from college football or basketball isn't really a good idea.

Last edited by gouci : Aug 24th, 2013 at 03:22 AM.
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #266
country flag gouci

Long Beach St. Fall Invite

The Long Beach St. Fall Invite began on Friday.

Here are Day 1 results.

Notice on the results sheet the names are on one page and the scores are posted 2 pages below. How messed up is that?

Someone at Long Beach St. is too incompetent to post the scores next to the matches.
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #267
country flag beachman49

Yep, pretty poor.

Oh wait, UCI didn't even post your own results Friday OR Saturday. Guess you coach doesn't give a sh*t. How messed it is that?

Let me help you. Day 2

LB frosh beats likely UCI # 1 junior Marvick Mammit 6-0, 6-1 in Flight A quarters

LB has a player in all four flight finals... had 3 of the four Flight A semi finalists.
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #268
country flag gouci

Long Beach St. fall invite

Alert! Alert! Alert! yet another freshman on her way out from Long Beach St.?

Alexis Valenzuela of Cal St. Fullerton def. Laura Eales of Long Beach St. 6-3, 6-3.

The last 2 Long Beach St. freshmen to lose to a Cal St. Fullerton player were LBS freshmen Anne-Sophie Willems and Eva Rodriguez both losing to CSF's Emilia Borkowski last season. Both Willems and Rodriguez ended up leaving Long Beach St.
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #269
country flag beachman49

Alert! Alert! Alert! yet another 2nd place finish from UCI on the horizon!

Good to know Gouci is BITTER already.

If not for LB State... Gouci would have how many more league titles in a decade?

ANSWER: NINE in the last eleven years. Is it possible to finish second behind the same school that often?

And soon to be TEN.... runner up finishes to LB... since 2002. That 'could have been' one heck of a dynasty. I am assuming your bitterness comes from being a perennial FIRST LOSER.

PS... setting the record straight: Willems was a starter the entire year but told the coach in early March that she was gonna return to her country and study at a uni back home in Belgium per her parents demand. No APR point lost as she is back in school full time in Belgium. It is my understanding she is coming over this spring to visit too.... not exactly the SCANDAL you imply, eh?

UCI results at Beach Invitational (from UCI web page):
DOUBLES
Flight A
K. Facey/Mamiit
W - Cheung/Taslagyan (CSUN) -- 8-6
L - Jin/Rohonyi (LMU) -- 8-5
W - Almaguer/Pattugalan (UCR) -- 8-5
L - Ivanova/Rogora (SUU) -- 8-6

A. Facey/Schweyer
W - Govi/Voster (PSU) -- 8-2
W - Eales/Thompson (LBSU) -- 8-5
L - Rosenberg/Unden (LBSU) -- 8-1

Flight B
Klein/Stadfelt
W - Chang/Schnyder (CSUN) - 8-5
L - Gerard/Razaksoa (LBSU) - 8-4
W - Marushko/Skaras (SUU) - 8-1

SINGLES
Flight A
Marivick Mamiit
W - Voster (PSU) - 6-2, 6-1
L - Razaksoa (LBSU) -- 6-0, 6-1
W - Hsu (CSUN) -- 6-4, 6-3

Ali Facey
W - Warren (CSUN) -- 6-7 (6), 6-2, 6-2
L - Unden (LBSU) -- 6-4, 6-4
W - Sandford (CSUF) -- 6-3, 6-1

Flight B
Sarah Stadfelt
W - Shutter (CSUN) -- 6-3, 6-1
W - Doan (UCR) -- 6-0, 6-1
L - Thompson (LBSU) -- 7-5, 6-4
W - Poei (CSUN) -- 6-4, 6-4

Flight C
Kat Facey
W - Billingsley (CSUF) -- 6-1, 6-0
W - Marquez (CSUN) -- 6-1, 6-1
L - Rosenberg (LBSU) -- 6-2, 6-2
L - Govi (PSU) -- 6-3, 6-4

Alison Klein
W - Slevcove (CSUF) -- 6-2, 1-6, 6-1
L - Rosenberg (LBSU) -- 6-1, 6-0
W - Collett (CSUN) -- 6-0, 6-1

Brooke Schweyer
L - Schnyder (CSUN) -- 7-5, 6-4
L - Tilkeridisova (LBSU) -- 6-3, 6-0
W - Marquez (CSUN) -- 6-1, 6-1

Flight D
Andrea Duva
W - McDonald (PSU) -- 6-1, 6-1
W - Staheli (SUU) -- 6-2, 6-2
L - Reid (LBSU) -- 6-3, 6-4

Last edited by beachman49 : Oct 7th, 2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #270
country flag beachman49

Re: Long Beach St. fall invite

Quote:
Alert! Alert! Alert! yet another freshman on her way out from Long Beach St.?

Alexis Valenzuela of Cal St. Fullerton def. Laura Eales of Long Beach St. 6-3, 6-3.

The last 2 Long Beach St. freshmen to lose to a Cal St. Fullerton player were LBS freshmen Anne-Sophie Willems and Eva Rodriguez both losing to CSF's Emilia Borkowski last season. Both Willems and Rodriguez ended up leaving Long Beach St.

You mean like Ania Jeczmionka... from Poland? Four years on team... a non starter good chunk of career and had some iffy loses. Became starter until early March last year when Rodriquez returned to Spain for personal reasons. As I recall Jeczmionka was POINT # 3 versus UCI at the conference tournament on the way to yet another UCI runner up finish.