Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 128 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2013, 02:45 AM   #1906
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Well, I'm dealing with it even better than I expected, I'll just keep finding so much more to do instead of watching tennis.
Maybe I'll just watch Roger play and the ATP WTF, not even sure I'll bother watching the WTA YEC.
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #1907
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

so Maria's name is not in wta championship's website anymore. So another 3 months without Maria (
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#29
PAW Rank:#29 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#81.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #1908
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

I really would've loved to see Maria play one more time this year, but like I said earlier, I don't have the time . I don't think I've watched a full match since the USO finals

Maria came back before, she'll do it again, just hopefully without the massive Poova we were subjected to for 2 years . We'll be okay. Just think if she comes back spectacularly, she'll just add to her legacy that much more
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 03:46 AM   #1909
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Bad news, I want to see her playing again, I hope she still wants to play tennis because I starting to doubt about her commitment

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 03:58 AM   #1910
country flag Asanty

Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future

The most awful thing is that I start getting used to her absence on courts.
It already feels like forever, but all the waiting is still ahead of us...Hope there will be at least two expos in December and she will play Brisbane or whatever.

As for her possible spectacular comeback a-la Rafa...I really doubt that, plus all that coach thing... I will be glad if she will win at least two masters per year.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #1911
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

That's that then

I guess they haven't officially announced her withdrawal yet simply to keep tickets selling
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #1912
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

am i the only one who thinks that Masha is treating us, her fans, without due respect? It's becoming her habit to announce withdrawals just 1-2 days before the tournament begins , despite her decision about withdrawal was made months beforehand. Just imagine what feelings have those fans who has already baught tickets for the flight to Istanbul, booked hotel and planned their vacations basing on her interviews that "YEC is definitely my goal this year"

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #1913
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
am i the only one who thinks that Masha is treating us, her fans, without due respect? It's becoming her habit to announce withdrawals just 1-2 days before the tournament begins , despite her decision about withdrawal was made months beforehand. Just imagine what feelings have those fans who has already baught tickets for the flight to Istanbul, booked hotel and planned their vacations basing on her interviews that "YEC is definitely my goal this year"
read the Rules of WTA first
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #1914
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
read the Rules of WTA first
do these rules say that player is obliged to give hopes for her fans about participation at YEC and post pictures from the gym to pretend training for it?

It would have been enough from her if she hadn't given hopes. I'm absolutely sure that she was aware of her withdrawal from YEC when she was answering Larry King's question.

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #1915
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
do these rules say that player is obliged to give hopes for her fans about participation at YEC and post pictures from the gym to pretend training for it?

It would have been enough from her if she hadn't given hopes. I'm absolutely sure that she was aware of her withdrawal from YEC when she was answering Larry King's question.
Were you really expecting Maria to play YEC without having played since Wimbledon basically ? I'm not sure why some of you had hope.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #1916
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Were you really expecting Maria to play YEC without having played since Wimbledon basically ? I'm not sure why some of you had hope.

She will play AO without a single warm-up match. I'm quite sure about it. She is more often playing big tournaments without match practice than with it. She still doesn't understand that the only Slam where she is really competitive is RG and the reason is not the surface, but the way she prepares for it.

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #1917
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Yeah well she's going to play the AO with her last match practically being at Wimbledon This is circa Montreal->Warsaw
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #1918
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

How do u guys know what she will do come Jan? its still very early. She may sign up for Auckland or HC.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #1919
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
How do u guys know what she will do come Jan? its still very early. She may sign up for Auckland or HC.
Maria? Auckland? "You cannot be serious" For Masha even Brisbane is a MM and she believes that no warm-up for Melbourne works for her

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #1920
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Not a shock to me
Ofc I would've loved to see her somehow magically power through the draw and snatch the YEC title which would be hilarious. But in all seriousness, having a lengthy injury time out and then your first match back is against a guaranteed 8th seed If she didn't come back until IW I still wouldn't be surprised. What's better - coming back too soon a la 2009 and putting us through utter drama, or giving it time and starting fresh next year? And in no way do I discount her dedication to the sport, no doubt the naysayers are touting that she's finished/practically retired/in it for the money etc etc. But more fool them tbh
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread