Doubles Field Completed For Istanbul - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win in Istanbul?

Errani/Vinci 5 18.52%
Petrova/Srebotnik 9 33.33%
Makarova/Vesnina 3 11.11%
Hsieh/Peng 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #1
country flag kitasss_vlc

kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of
Smile Doubles Field Completed For Istanbul

As many as you know, there are already 4 teams qualified for this year's Istanbul tournament. If Errani/Vinci were already qualified, yesterday the WTA announced the other 3 teams that will compete for the title in Turkey.

This will be the last year with 4 teams qualifying for the YEC since we will have 8 teams starting in 2014.

Thoughts? Who has more chances of winning the title? Which team deserved a place but didn't get it?

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...e-for-istanbul
kitasss_vlc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #2
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Doubles Field Completed For Istanbul

I really want Kata to win the YEC some day

but with Petrova's injury.. I don't know .. (good thing is Nadia is unbeaten at doubles YEC..)
OTOH , Makarova also has been out the last few weeks , when I thought maybe the Russians would be favorites..

for some reason I don't see Errani/Vinci winning ... and I think Hsieh/Peng deserve their spot but not the title..(oops I forgot they won Wimbledon..)

it's really open this year..
and I think there's a battle for number 1 ranking , too , am I wrong?
so it's gonna be quite exciting

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #3
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Probably one of the least exciting doubles YEC in recent times.

US Open champions Hlavackova/Hradecka and 3 times Grand Slam finalists this year Barty/Dellacqua could not make it while Petrova/Srebotnik whose best Grand Slam result this year was a lonely semifinal (lost) in Roland Garros qualify as team #2

BTW Petrova/Srebotnik haven't reached semifinals at any event since Eastbourne.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #4
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Will Petrova and Makarova even play?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #5
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jool* View Post
it's really open this year..
and I think there's a battle for number 1 ranking , too , am I wrong?
so it's gonna be quite exciting
Errani/Vinci will most likely walk away with the #1 cause they can add Moscow to their participating tournament.
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #6
country flag kitasss_vlc

kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of kitasss_vlc has much to be proud of

I have a question now...

Has a team ever qualify to the YEC without having won ANY title? I know the question can seem weird and that it's quite difficult that this happens, but...

Anyway, if it has never happened before maybe next year with the 8 teams format it could happen
kitasss_vlc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #7
country flag argha56

argha56 is just really nice argha56 is just really nice argha56 is just really nice argha56 is just really nice argha56 is just really nice argha56 is just really nice argha56 is just really nice argha56 is just really nice argha56 is just really nice argha56 is just really nice argha56 is just really nice

I hope one of these teams withdraws and Casey-Ash get in. 3 GS finals and no YEC look absurd. Again Sania may win her 5th Premier of 2013 tomorrow but can't make it. Waiting for the 8 team format.
argha56 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #8
country flag Z1988

Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitasss_vlc View Post
I have a question now...

Has a team ever qualify to the YEC without having won ANY title? I know the question can seem weird and that it's quite difficult that this happens, but...

Anyway, if it has never happened before maybe next year with the 8 teams format it could happen
Yes, IIRC Stosur/Stubbs qualified in 2009 without winning a title, even though they reached several finals (including Wimbledon).
Z1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #9
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitasss_vlc View Post
I have a question now...

This happened a lot when the YEC was a 8 teams tournament (until 2002)
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #10
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

wow, what a boring list

Last edited by Meelis : Oct 4th, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #11
country flag spiceboy

This will be the first time in history where no American players have qualified
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #12
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Sushu

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 01:57 AM   #13
country flag Trigo

Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post

US Open champions Hlavackova/Hradecka and 3 times Grand Slam finalists this year Barty/Dellacqua could not make it while Petrova/Srebotnik whose best Grand Slam result this year was a lonely semifinal (lost) in Roland Garros qualify as team #2

Well, I was really rooting for ABCD to get a spot during the asian swing.
Then they lost first-round at Tokyo and Beijing (technically, secound round in China, but you know what I mean).
And I realized that they don't deserve it. A huge chance and they blew it.
Trigo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #14
country flag Martian KC

Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute

Su-Wei and Shuai!!!
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #15
esdee

esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post

I think Petrova has been injured for a while. They made a strong start to the year, I don't think we've seen this team show its true potential.
esdee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote