Should there be a 5th Slam? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should there be a 5th Slam added to the calenda?

Yes 14 8.24%
No 146 85.88%
Not sure/no opinion 10 5.88%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #76
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should there be a 5th Slam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreConrad View Post
I don't think so. I understand Asia's desire to host a slam. Maybe YEC should be played there.
Istanbul is in Asia Minor and Singapore is in Asia too. The WTA Tour Championships is the closest thing for a 5th Slam, more prestigious than Bogota or Beijing....
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #77
country flag elba

elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of

Sooner or later there would be a similar development as in football, football used to be very oriented towards Europa, less today, tomorrow or later, there would be a Grand Slam on every continent, in South America, Asia and Africa.
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #78
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

4 is enough, more importantly there should be more of a break between the French Open and Wimbledon, with more grass court tournaments.
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #79
country flag verdegreen

verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by elba View Post
Sooner or later there would be a similar development as in football, football used to be very oriented towards Europa, less today, tomorrow or later, there would be a Grand Slam on every continent, in South America, Asia and Africa.
Yes, we will start with AO, on hard, then go to South America on clay slam1, then move RG to Africa, so we can have a slam per continent, then go to eurograss at Wimby, and then US on hard a nd Asia indoors.
And then we can have a Tournament of (GS) champions with draw of 6+2 WCs.

Now seriously, i think the 5th would be bad. 4 is enough, and fitting. Number 4 is the most symbolic number, and besides, none of them waited more than a decade to be founded after the last one, and they all exist since the Open era started.

I would love to see equal clasificatin of tournaments in WTA and ATP. To have a rule for the number of tournemants and never change it.
So we can have something like 1 YEC/WTF, 4 GSs, 8 masters and 16 premiers/ATp500 and the rest to be in some other category and not to be part of some ''premier tour'' stats.

ERIĆ*JOKIĆ*JOROVIĆ
IVANOVIĆ*JOVANOVSKI*JAKŠIĆ

KVITOVA*DATE-KRUM*PETKOVIĆ*MLADENOVIĆ*LI

NETTENIS.ORG
verdegreen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #80
country flag jay holter

jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of

I think 4 is just perfect.
jay holter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #81
country flag Sisyphus

Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
Istanbul is in Asia Minor and Singapore is in Asia too. The WTA Tour Championships is the closest thing for a 5th Slam, more prestigious than Bogota or Beijing....
The venue for the YEC in Istanbul is in the European half.
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #82
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

No, tennis is lucky they have 4 events a year that is considered huge. In some sports only the olympics is really important.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote