2013 Autumm comeback - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #91
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future
Re: BBB Clásico Petra beat madame Li in 3

Didn't expect this win

Petra does seem to be coming into reasonable-to-good form again, just at the right time.
The best thing is her attitude looks so much better - much more pojding
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #92
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Petra!!

I'm going to get some quick Zee's now before I have to get up again.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #93
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of shotmakers

venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold

Well done Petra, on the right end of tough matches... which she should be with her talent.

Keep it up!

KVITOVA LI NA
LISICKI BOUCHARD HALEP
VOEGELE GOERGES
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #94
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

So glad Petra made a come back win again!

I hope that she can keep it up and find her form finally against the drama queen JJ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #95
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

what a match, her volleys
she was playing really good,Na was also good, one of the best matches i've watched this season really hard hitting, big serving,.. but petra, dear, thank you

now win against JJ in 2, and beat serena in final, then you cancel all those crappy events and rest and prepare for YEC

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #96
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
then you cancel all those crappy events and rest and prepare for YEC
Linz is very important

paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #97
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future
Re: Petra 3 set Empress is playing the real Empress JJ

Not Before 3:00 PM

Petra KVITOVA (CZE) [9] vs Jelena JANKOVIC (SRB) [8]
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #98
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

I love that she is winning
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #99
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all

went to bed right as Li broke Petra to go up 3-1; i honestly thought Petra was gonna lose this match; very pleasantly surprised to find that she won it...what's going on w/ her serve? seems like she just has such a hard time getting the 1st serve in and committing DFs...and she keeps on flubbing easy shots from the bl...she played so well against Venus last week in the SF...but then after that match, her game has been on and off...i think what's keeping her in these matches is really confidence and improved fitness...which is great, but i would like to see her make things easier for herself

there is really no need to go to 3 sets for so many of these matches...
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #100
country flag Deestruction
Lush...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Well im glad i didn't watch that shitfest. And people say it was gonna be a high quality match.
Good for Petra to win this match tho.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #101
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno why you'd call it a shitfest. Yes, there were errors and double faults, but they were all entirely a function of the power on display. Li and Kvitty both know that the other one can punish poufy second serves, so that explained the DFs. And there's something awe inspiring about watching them punish the ball so severely, even when it means the rally ends on an error because someone couldn't handle the pace anymore. Give me Li-Kvitova any day over Wozniacki or even Jankovic.

I am delighted to see that Petra has evened up two trailing h2H records against Kerber and Li. Her confidence must be through the roof right now. I loved the poise and calm and workmanlike attitude I saw from her in the Li match. She didn't get down on herself; she didn't show any bad body language. Even on DFs or upon losing the first set or going down early in the third, she kept her nose to the grindstone.

I hope she can beat JJ.
mac47 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #102
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra 3 set Empress lost to the real Empress JJ in 3

Ahh/sigh, I'll no longer be able to see those beautiful strokes, fantastic running winners, and sublime volleying from Ms. Kvitova (I won't miss staying up from 3am-6am in the early morning though) for the time being.

So Petra lost to JJ...... I guess playing all that tennis finally got to her?

Petra should have won the first set easy. And allowing it to go to a tiebreaker (that she eventually won) may have did it, ultimately did her in.

Petra tanked the second set, then appeared to take charge--early in the third. However, when she got broken back, it appeared to signal the inevitable realization that Ms. Kvitova was running out of gas, and could be dispatched, and was.

I'm not mad or going to knock this performance at all (though I don't like the idea of perpetual Choke Artist/Bridesmaid--JJ--beating Petra, and entering a final against Serena at her expense).

Petra displayed more than enough ability, poise, fight and gumption the past few weeks for me to be impressed with her overall attitude on the court. I don't know what happened/why, but it reminded me of the one she had during 2011. Petra was poised, eerily calm, while so quietly/supremely confident.

Hopefully/now she will get the proper rest, by dropping out of Moscow and/or Linz? And just rest up and be ready for the YEC (which I'm sure she'll make now), and bring the type of tennis there that we've seen in Tokyo and Beijing the past few weeks.

Good Luck Petra!!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #103
country flag Deestruction
Lush...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra 3 set Empress lost to the real Empress JJ in 3

This loss was a NID to me. Tbh i knew that she ran outta gas at the end. But credit to JJ, she is having a very good week in Beijing. Get some rest Petra.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #104
country flag P3traQueen

P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all
Wink Re: Petra 3 set Empress lost to the real Empress JJ in 3

If JJ is the empress, P3tra is the queen.
P3traQueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #105
country flag P3traQueen

P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all
Re: Petra´s road to Istanbul

P3tra's in Istanbul anyway. Due to become No.6.
P3traQueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote