How many players will break the TOP 100 for the first time in 2013??? (21 made it!) - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How many players will break the TOP 100 for the first time in 2013???

1-4 0 0%
5-8 7 8.14%
9-12 21 24.42%
13-16 24 27.91%
17-20 13 15.12%
more than 20 21 24.42%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #91
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: How many players will break the TOP 100 for the first time in 2013??? (18 made it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenisboss View Post
In LIVE ranking after R2 Glushko is #99 so she can't be sure, Nara secures her place in TOP100 to the end of 2013, she will be ranked something around 80 after USO
Glushko made it

guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #92
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many players will break the TOP 100 for the first time in 2013??? (18 made it

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Glushko made it

Proving she won't "fade away into oblivion" like I was told. Congratulations Julia

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #93
country flag tenisboss

tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of
Re: How many players will break the TOP 100 for the first time in 2013??? (20 made it

Nineteenth and Twentieth Player Made It

Kurumi Nara (78=CH)
3rd Round in US Open as Qualifer

Julia Glushko (99=CH)
3rd Round in US Open as Qualifer

Last edited by tenisboss : Sep 17th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.
tenisboss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #94
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: How many players will break the TOP 100 for the first time in 2013??? (20 made it

Ajla Tomljanovic

Old Sep 17th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #95
country flag tenisboss

tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of tenisboss has much to be proud of
Re: How many players will break the TOP 100 for the first time in 2013??? (21 made it

Twenty-First Player Made It

Ajla Tomljanovic (88=CH)
Quebec City 235K$ MM Quarterfinal
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #96
country flag tenisboss

Re: How many players will break the TOP 100 for the first time in 2013??? (21 made it

IMO Ajla is last player who achieved TOP 100 this year. Can't see Zanevska, Kichenok, Koehler, Majeric and Asian breaking TOP 100 with their results in Asian Swing and Sanchez/Min/Rogers with their results in US ITFs...
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #97
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute

^Wasn't Koehler already deep in Top 100?
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #98
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute

no must have confused her with someone else
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #99
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
IMO Ajla is last player who achieved TOP 100 this year. Can't see Zanevska, Kichenok, Koehler, Majeric and Asian breaking TOP 100 with their results in Asian Swing and Sanchez/Min/Rogers with their results in US ITFs...
Even if she proves to be the last for this year, the 21 new entrants is by far the most for any of the past five years.
Usually the number is about 15, while in 2010 was an anomaly when only eight players made it (only one till May and none after mid-August), maybe caused by a SBL mega-jinx (I like reading the man's posts but I'm not sure I'd pick him to fill a lottery ticket )

I'd love to see this stat across the past 15 or 20 seasons but it'd probably be hard getting the data.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #100
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

What would be interesting to see at the end of the year how many of these who made the Top 100 in 2013 remain there. Many seem to enter and leave not long after.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #101
country flag guichard

Alison Van Uytvanck after winning 125K TAPEI

Old Nov 11th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #102
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

By WTA account this was the first week of the new season (Van Uytvanck is ranked #1 in the race to YEC 2014...) but we are still in 2013 so by this thread's definition Alison is #22 this year, extending the record. She leaped from #129 to #100 and made in by 1 point

Maybe she's not the last one - Kumkhum and Kichenok at #107/8 are only 30-40 points away. And who knows, maybe some of the others at #110-120.
Quote:
And indeed none of them made it
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #103
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post

I'd love to see this stat across the past 15 or 20 seasons but it'd probably be hard getting the data.
2001: 27
2002: 17
2003: 19
2004: 28
2005: 24
2006: 22
2007: 25
2008: 25
2009: 16
2010: 9
2011: 15
2012: 18
2013: 22

Link

Last edited by KleineBiere : Nov 11th, 2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Link
KleineBiere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 03:06 AM   #104
country flag Trigo

Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all Trigo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post
By WTA account this was the first week of the new season (Van Uytvanck is ranked #1 in the race to YEC 2014...) but we are still in 2013 so by this thread's definition Alison is #22 this year, extending the record. She leaped from #129 to #100 and made in by 1 point

Maybe she's not the last one - Kumkhum and Kichenok at #107/8 are only 30-40 points away. And who knows, maybe some of the others at #110-120.

And indeed none of them made it
Folks at WTA can't make up their minds!
The official site says Taipei is the last event of the season (And more than once! Go check it!)
And now they are awarding YEC 2014 points!
I can't even! :S
Trigo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #105
country flag tenisboss

IMO this points have to be counted fot YEC because it's the first week after Istanbul and Sofia