*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 274 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 12:43 AM   #4096
country flag viktoria,neveri

viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all viktoria,neveri is a name known to all
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

surely the most disappointing thing
about this recent loss:
was her seemingly giving up in the end?

why did she do that?
why not fight?
very curious behavior,
and mean to her fans.

i hope she is okay soon.
viktoria,neveri is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 12:19 PM   #4097
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktoria,neveri View Post
surely the most disappointing thing
about this recent loss:
was her seemingly giving up in the end?

why did she do that?
why not fight?
very curious behavior,
and mean to her fans.

i hope she is okay soon.
She wasn't really ready for this tour I guess. Bad status during every practice. She'd made 7 double faults in a row
and battered her Juice and gonna cry. Never smile, it's rare. So she surely cleared that she cannot go far this time. Plus the smog reason... So afterwards she played without patience.

Serena is in weary condition but Li Na is on fire. Personally I'd rather she lose to Petko. But it really hurts to happen in R1.

It's gratifying to see her rational analyze about the lose. She always clear-headed, so I believe she will be fine soon, if there's no sickness & injury boring.

For the serving thing I agree with all the comments above. It's hard to be improved per se, and she went through a mess season.

She stiff motion may for avoiding injury. If it's stable enough the situation should not be that bad, but now she loses de rhythm totally. Finding it back is the primary mission for her team during the off-season.

I don't want her to lose her first match of YEC, since 3 straight losses was her most up to date...
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 02:10 PM   #4098
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Well if she was hitting septuple-faults in practice as she did in the match then she probably would have had this problem throughout the tournament.

I usually agree with her assessments of her matches but not here. Her non-serve game was pretty good for two sets, better than the first few rounds in new york anyway. If she high % her first serve to protect the second she wins in straights. Also if she's thinking "this is just one of those days" during the match that's not a good attitude, she didn't give that impression though until late in the match.

I'm sorry that you only got to see her play one match this time Doris (Hyacinth)
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 03:36 PM   #4099
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

It depends how motivated she will be. Last year YEC meant year end number 1. This year, no matter what happens she will be number 2. Might not give her full heart to fight i say depending if she gets refreshed a bit more. Here, I say, maybe better redfoo will be there to cheer her up.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 03:55 PM   #4100
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
Well if she was hitting septuple-faults in practice as she did in the match then she probably would have had this problem throughout the tournament.

I usually agree with her assessments of her matches but not here. Her non-serve game was pretty good for two sets, better than the first few rounds in new york anyway. If she high % her first serve to protect the second she wins in straights. Also if she's thinking "this is just one of those days" during the match that's not a good attitude, she didn't give that impression though until late in the match.

I'm sorry that you only got to see her play one match this time Doris (Hyacinth)
Yea she did not even prepare for an "ugly" win, but well, she may not wanna stay for some reasons.

Although the attitude was not good, I still "hope" what she said is real. In that case this kind of shitty match will not be repeated in the rest time of this year, and she will manage to improve her fucking service...

It really hurt to see her off inside the stadium. I spent 5 hours in plane and 2 more hours in train to get to Beijing and booked the hotel for 9 days (from Sep.28th to Oct.6th) lol. However, I got a perfect ending last year. This is what life should be.
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 06:12 PM   #4101
country flag OnlyTennis

OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all OnlyTennis is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
Yea she did not even prepare for an "ugly" win, but well, she may not wanna stay for some reasons.

Although the attitude was not good, I still "hope" what she said is real. In that case this kind of shitty match will not be repeated in the rest time of this year, and she will manage to improve her fucking service...

It really hurt to see her off inside the stadium. I spent 5 hours in plane and 2 more hours in train to get to Beijing and booked the hotel for 9 days (from Sep.28th to Oct.6th) lol. However, I got a perfect ending last year. This is what life should be.
"Q. I'm so sorry about the loss. My question is: Do you think it's emotional thing? Because I was at the court with you, and from what I can tell, you were not very satisfied with all the mumblings. I'm wondering, what do you say to yourself during the game and are you swearing or...
VICTORIA AZARENKA: A lot of things. Really was saying a lot of things. I'm not going to repeat them in the press conference what I say to myself when I play matches. It's a very silly question.
In terms of emotions, yeah there was a lot of emotions and frustration that I let myself get into because I wasn't doing the right thing.
And with the serve, you know, trying new things, working it during the tournament obviously didn't‑‑ I didn't have enough time. It was just off rhythm. There were good parts; there were bad parts.
Just need time for the consistency. "
OnlyTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 02:39 AM   #4102
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
It depends how motivated she will be. Last year YEC meant year end number 1. This year, no matter what happens she will be number 2. Might not give her full heart to fight i say depending if she gets refreshed a bit more. Here, I say, maybe better redfoo will be there to cheer her up.
Well last year she was pretty tired. In a way she might be over this year, but she should definitely be more refreshed for the YEC. Also she did fine last year and made the final in 2011, but she hasn't really ever played that well there. She was a set away in 2011 but the opposition was basically at an all time low, and the Cake loss showed she didn't care all that much about the tournament.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #4103
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

This year will be the first time since several years that she can tackle the YEC fully rested. Last year the whole Beijing - Linz thing was way too much and 2011 she had to rush in from Luxembourg.

Should make a big difference.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 01:48 AM   #4104
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Last year i found it fun to pick out the best matches she played all season. It was many to pick from but i landed at four.

This year it is a bit harder, it is easy to find single sets she played great in. Both final sets in Doha and Cincinatti were great. But she had some dips in those matches.

Doha was great quality overall.

So far i think i rate the AO final highest. Just because of what she had to go through before and during the match, and still win over an Li Na. Remember Li Na barely lost games to Sharapova in the semi final and Sharapova barely lost games in the tournament before that (and so on).

Hopefully the best match(es) will come in Istanbul though.

Opinions?
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #4105
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

If what she said is true about changing her service motion after USO, that's a bit silly. Should never do during stretches of tournaments and wait till off season.

Now don't know what to expect its kind of spiraling down a bit from a good showing from USO to pretty shorty outlook. Unless she is fully fit , rested, motivated and confident in whatever changes she introduces now to her game. Her service has now become a major liability and not looking good.

2013, I definitely rate AO final as the mentally challenged match but if in terms if technical performance, Doha.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #4106
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Her best play in a tournament was definitely Doha, and overall the final was a great quality match. Her best match though overall was maybe the Australian Open against Sexlana?
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #4107
country flag iGOAT

Wow, KvittyGOAT did withdraw from Linz . I still wish Vika would play but hopefully she'll prove me wrong at YEC .
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #4108
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
If what she said is true about changing her service motion after USO, that's a bit silly. Should never do during stretches of tournaments and wait till off season.
Not enough time. Better to begin right after the US Open and sacrifice Tokyo, Beijing and YEC for the significant long-term benefits (if successful). It was also the perfect time to do it, since she is locked into the important #2 ranking already with the injury to Sharapova.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #4109
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Not enough time. Better to begin right after the US Open and sacrifice Tokyo, Beijing and YEC for the significant long-term benefits (if successful). It was also the perfect time to do it, since she is locked into the important #2 ranking already with the injury to Sharapova.
Exactly. Plus it's necessary to get match practice with it. Even if the YEC ends up flopping because she's trying a new serve, it's better than if she came out doing it next year and got her ass handed to her in AO early rounds.
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #4110
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
Last year i found it fun to pick out the best matches she played all season. It was many to pick from but i landed at four.

This year it is a bit harder, it is easy to find single sets she played great in. Both final sets in Doha and Cincinatti were great. But she had some dips in those matches.

Doha was great quality overall.

So far i think i rate the AO final highest. Just because of what she had to go through before and during the match, and still win over an Li Na. Remember Li Na barely lost games to Sharapova in the semi final and Sharapova barely lost games in the tournament before that (and so on).

Hopefully the best match(es) will come in Istanbul though.

Opinions?
If we ignore the routs where she played beautifully but against weak opposition, like Goerges in Rome or Schiavone in Paris, then I'm going with the Cincinatti final as her best performance. She played very very well in the final set at Doha but Serena played quite conservative that set, in some ways it was more of a psychological obstacle for Vika than a tennis one. Serena asked her to win the points, and she did, but against another player playing like that you'd expect Vika if playing well to win.

Cincinatti stands out because of Vika's lift in level and her ability to maintain it when Serena raised hers.

I also thought she played very well for two sets in the loss in New York, up there with Cincinatti.

For non-Serena matches the AO quarter final is a good shout. Very high quality first set from both players which only Vika was able to maintain in the second.

Of course the best five matches are yet to come