OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 29th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #136
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread

Thought this was funny.

Advertisement

Old Sep 29th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #137
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Being extremely optimistic here, but the last P5 she played she beat a somewhat decent opponent in 3 sets before whooping a top 10er in straights...

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #138
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
Being extremely optimistic here, but the last P5 she played she beat a somewhat decent opponent in 3 sets before whooping a top 10er in straights...
If you want omens, I am away on holiday from tomorrow. The last time I went away I missed a top Laura performance when she had the run and beat Radwanska in Madrid.

Same again please.
allracquetsports is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #139
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

It's destiny Or according to todays performance she could get whipped by Kerber. Unless Kerber's exhausted from her Tokyo run...

Laura def looked a bit under the weather, all the nose blowing and sneezing. But she did what she's been failing to do this year and won a TB AND a third set. So what's there to complain about? C'mon giiirl.
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #140
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I think it an 50/50 chance she can win this match even with Kerber great run at Tokyo I think we need too keep in mind that beside that run in Tokyo Kerber year has been pretty bad her only other good run in event this came from IW SF & Monterrey F. I think if Laura can raise her game for this match she could have in beating Angie

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #141
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Night match on Moon Court.
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 01:09 AM   #142
country flag jay holter

jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of

Laura, come on.
jay holter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 05:27 PM   #143
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Not good and not unexpected either. Sounds like she maybe wasn't at 100% anyway but still a comprehensive loss.

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 05:54 PM   #144
country flag RobCic

RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light

Today's match was really weird because she could have been 4-0 up in the second set. Also she was one shot away from finally winning the point many times but she sent it long/in the net (maybe due to fatigue). I'm probably one of the only people to think her performance in this match was promising for the future in a sense.

She hit off both wings much harder than I've seen in a long time. I thought her backhand was becoming weaker since the match against MJMS way back in Hopman Cup where it was so powerful but it looked almost as strong as the forehand. She hit a few good volleys too which is something she wanted to add to her game and that slice/dropshot thing she did was amazing. Haven't seen that short slice move for a long time generally and the fact that it stayed so low on a hard court Don't know why more players don't slice dropshot in the middle because it takes away the angles.

She has so many shots in her and I think it has instilled more confidence in me about her talent. With everyone calling her hypeson I do think this showing does display all the things she can do.

The fact that she wants to develop a kick second serve is something I've been waiting for. All of the best servers have a kick second serve and it truly is the most effective second serve you can play. If it works the number of DFs should go down and she should be more happy to go for her serve without as much pressure because she has a reliable serve to fall back on.

Unfortunately I did want it to at least be closer because she let herself down on the big points. She needs to be a matchplayer and bring her A game on the decisive points. Also I don't think Kerber is necessarily a bad match up and its not an excuse. Kvitova didn't seem to mind playing her! If she was a little more consistent in every point she could have made it much more competitive. Laura was unable to rally consistently in back to back points and the fact that she was going all out for every shot was a bit silly. She didn't need to especially since she was hitting it really really hard but straight back to Kerber.

A big thing which if improved would make her like 20 ranking places better (maybe more) instantly is speed but that's an ongoing issue. There are so many other things to work on as well in the off season (see above :P) which she has already picked out to do but I have a bad feeling she won't be bothered to do it
RobCic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 07:46 PM   #145

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Umm anyone hear that stuff in commentary about her having chronic bronchitis? Apparently Annie K mentioned it on BTsport. Would expalin her chest infections earlier in the year and would not be good news...
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 07:51 PM   #146
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Umm anyone hear that stuff in commentary about her having chronic bronchitis? Apparently Annie K mentioned it on BTsport. Would expalin her chest infections earlier in the year and would not be good news...
Oh...

At least the off season is near.
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 08:26 PM   #147
country flag RobCic

RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light RobCic is a glorious beacon of light

She took a WC for Osaka so it can't be too bad can it?
RobCic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 08:44 PM   #148

Well I think the thing with chronic bronchitis is that its chronic...it is what it is. You have to try and deal with it and get on with it. Must be tougher to play through tho. Hopefully they can work out how ot manage it.
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 02:17 AM   #149
country flag jay holter

jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of

Oh well, on to Osaka.
jay holter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 02:24 AM   #150
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I thought she had a chance against Kerber she really was the one in control of most of the rally but mad some bad error and had some bad line call Also she seem too have a cold so she wasn't 100% but also Kerber has found some form last week. Anyway Osaka is Laura last event

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote