Sandra Samir - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 05:03 AM   #31
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future
Re: Sandra Samir

WOn the First Round Made a Comeback in the third set was down double break 0-3 and won the next 5 games

R1: Sandra Samir (EGY) def (Q)Naiktha Bains (AUS) 7-6(1) 3-6 6-4
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 05:04 AM   #32
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Plays Belinda Bencic next Gonna be tough but she gonna have too play better than what she did today, she hit 15 DF that a number she gonna have to cut down
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 12:33 PM   #33
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to her
Where does she train?
Silent Bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 05:14 PM   #34
country flag Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bird View Post
Good luck to her
Where does she train?
Advantage Tennis Academy

Last edited by Trey : Sep 4th, 2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 07:44 PM   #35
country flag Trey

Lost in the Second round to the Number 1 Junior, She had a tough draw but I was hoping for a better scoreline I guess she just not at that level yet that Belinda on atm Hopeful she can get some wins in Dubs so her Juniors ranking can go up

R2: (1)Belinda Bencic (SUI) d. Sandra Samir (EGY) 62 62
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #36
country flag Trey

Double Results

R1: Samir/Wallace (EGY/GBR) d. Renaud/Rodriguez (USA/MEX) 64 36 10-8
R2: (1)Krejcikova/Siniakova (CZE/CZE) d. Samir/Wallace (EGY/GBR) 62 75
Old Sep 5th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #37
country flag Trey

Rising as a Tennis Player With Egypt’s Pyramids in View

Quote:
Some top tennis players grew up near public courts in places like Compton, Calif.; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; and Douglaston, Queens. Some lived in expensive houses overlooking exclusive golf courses, and others were raised near dusty clay courts on islands in the Mediterranean Sea.
Sandra Samir of Egypt grew up in a home with a majestic view of the pyramids of Giza.

“For most people, it is a very special thing to see,” Samir said. “For me, it is just something you see every day.”

Egypt is a land known for many things, including a strong soccer culture and renowned squash stars. But tennis in the shadows of the pyramids and along the banks of the Nile? Not so much.

But Samir, 15, is working to change that perception with her powerful ground strokes and unyielding will to win. She is already the champion of Africa for the under-18 age group, and has led Egypt to a 3-0 record in the Junior Fed Cup.

If there is one trait that defines her, it is her desire to win, which she showed Monday in her first match at the United States Open. (Last year, she and her family were delayed in the customs and immigration checkpoint line at Kennedy International Airport and missed the qualifying draw).

After winning the first set in her first-round juniors match against Naiktha Bains on Monday, Samir waited six and a half hours for the rain to end. She lost the next set and was behind by 0-3 in the third. But she gathered herself and won five straight games and the match, 7-6 (1), 3-6, 6-4.

“That is what she has: she has the heart,” said her father, Sameh.

Sameh Samir is a retired police officer and owner of a diving school in Cairo. His wife, Iman Abdelbaset, is a concert flutist who performed in the Cairo Symphony Orchestra. They met during a traffic stop in Cairo and married a few months later.

Sandra Samir began playing tennis at age 5 with her father, an accomplished player who learned the sport when his family lived in France.

At first it was just a chance for Sandra to follow her older sister, Sereen, 19, who was the first to play. Sereen gradually gave up the sport. But Sandra fell in love with the game, playing on red clay courts in private clubs because Egypt has few, if any, public courts, she said.

Under her father’s guidance, Samir began to thrive. By the time she was 13 and a student at St. Joseph’s School in Cairo, where she learned English and French, Samir surpassed all the other girls in tennis in North Africa.

Around that time, Egypt, especially Cairo, began to convulse with political upheaval. Samir remained focused on her tennis and adjusted her practice schedule around the curfews. But for four days at the height of the violence, she could not leave her home.

Where the Samir family lived in Giza, near the pyramids, it was not dangerous, she said. But to get to the clubs to practice involved driving through neighborhoods embroiled in the unrest.

Eventually, Samir got back on the court, and her game flourished. She was winning tournaments in Tunisia, Kenya and South Africa, and it soon became clear that she would need to move for better competition.

“I used to love that I was the champion of Egypt and Africa,” said Samir, who is ranked 52nd among juniors. “But that is not a pleasure anymore. There are higher goals now, and I am working my butt off to get it.”

In December, the family decided to move to Irvine, Calif., so that Samir could join the Advantage Tennis Academy, a small, high-performance tennis school, to train with Mahmoud Karim, one of the directors.

If there was anyone who could understand Samir’s situation, it was Karim, who moved from Egypt to Florida along with his twin sister, Laila, at age 15 to focus on tennis. They were prodigies with dreams of following in the footsteps of Ismail El Shafei, perhaps Egypt’s most accomplished player, who beat Bjorn Borg in the third round at Wimbledon in 1974.

“I know what it is like to grow up playing tennis in Egypt, and that is what is special about this,” he said. “There are challenges. That is why we are interested in helping other Egyptian players, too.”

Samir lost to the No. 1 seed, Belinda Bencic, 6-2, 6-2, on Tuesday, and then won her doubles match. When her run in the doubles ends, she and her family plan to head back to California.

But Samir said that no matter how high she climbed in tennis, she would always yearn for those pyramid views outside her bedroom window.

“Egypt is my country, and I love being there,” she said. “I love being a tennis player from Egypt.”
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #38
country flag Trey

Sandra Samir & Mahmoud Karim

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #39
country flag Trey

Pic of Sandra at Australian Open 2013

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #40
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, she's pretty

Anna Chakvetadze + Ágnes Szávay + Katarina Srebotnik + Tatiana Golovin + Nicole Vaidišová
Silent Bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #41
country flag Trey

Her & Novak

Old Sep 30th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #42
country flag Trey

Played Junior Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Finals

She really did well and true fully IMO lead her team too most there wins but her team couldn't come up back up there results for Egypt too go into the next round here her results

Bolivia d. (7)Egypt 2-1
Natalia De Ugarte d. Habiba Lasheen 63 46 76(2)
Sandra Samir d. Daniela Ruiz 6-1 7-6(4)
De Ugarte/Ruiz d. Samir/Mortagy 76(2) 46 62

(4)Hungay d. (7)Egypt 3-0
Fanni Stollar d. Hana Mortagy 60 60
Anna Bondar d. Sandra Samir 62 75
Bondar/Stolmar d. Samir/Mortagy

(7)Egypt d. New Zealand 2-0
Hana Mortagy d. Ella Hassall 76(3) 60
Sandra Samir d. Rosie Cheng 46 61 63
Samir/Mortagy v Cheng/Hassall 62 26 36

(5)Czech Republic d. (7)Egypt 3-0
Miriam Kolodziejova d. Habiba Lasheen 60 76(3)
Petra Melounova d. Sandra Samir 36 76(2) 76(5)
Kolodziejova/Heinova d. Lasheen/Mortagy 75 60

Egypt vs Slovak Republic

Sandra Samir d. Kristina Schmiedlova 6-1 0-6 6-3
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #43
country flag Trey

Her lost too Petra Melounova was the most disappointed she really should won that match but she choke when trying too close it out

Quote:
It was the second match that could’ve taken the tie to a decisive doubles match. Sandra Samir won the first set for Egypt 6-3 over Petra Melounova, and was serving for the match at 5-4 with a service break in the second set. Although Samir gave back the break in the 10th game, she was again serving for the match at 6-5 after Melounova lost her serve in the 11th game. For the second time, Samir failed to serve out the match and then only won two points in the tiebreak. The third set went to a tiebreak in which Samir couldn’t hold onto a 5-2 lead, allowing Melounova to win the match 36 76(2) 76(5).
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #44
country flag Trey

Sandra Samir Pic from Junior Fed Cup

Old Oct 12th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #45
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Her & Novak

Who is that on the right?

And when is Sandra's next tournament, btw?

Thanks.

Last edited by TennisGhost : Oct 12th, 2013 at 10:30 PM.
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote