Venus is getting her ranking up in Tokyo: with a 209 kmh serve into the SF! - Page 132 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #1966
country flag MajesticVenus
La Reina V.

MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future
Re: Venus is getting her ranking up in Tokyo: with a 209 kmh serve into the SF!

Really, I'm not feeling bad at all whatsoever. I am very glad that Venus got her ranking high enough and that she can get it even higher. She also got a BYE in Beijing so she can go there immediately and rest. She also played four tough matches and she came up on top of each of them. The fifth one was just not meant to be in the tiebreaker. I couldn't expect Venus to pull the tiebreak off not only because of her previous record, but because you would think that she didn't have enough in the tank to pull it off. And to think that if she won, she would STILL had to play Kerber in the next round after probably having nothing on the tank because of all these packed scheduled matches...

By the way, who is making these Asian draws? This one was tough, but Beijing is even tougher. I don't think they should play doubles, but if they want to have fun... go with it. Onto Beijing!

Finally, congrats on a great cheering thread result MrWaagh!

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #1967
country flag Ntosake

Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute

Venus had an awesome run this tournament and I am very proud of what she accomplished. I am encouraged by how far she has come. Of course I am half dead from the match this morning, but I'll be aight.

So onward, Vee, and all the best to you in Bejing.
Ntosake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #1968
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Any interview after the match? I'd love to hear Vee's thoughts
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #1969
country flag acelovesvenus

acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-MAC View Post
Any interview after the match? I'd love to hear Vee's thoughts
"Venus was a very tough opponent today. I knew she was playing very well here, and for her it's great to have this many matches. She missed some tournaments this year and it's important to stay healthy and play a lot. If she keeps this up she can be one of the players who can win Grand Slams."

Williams had revived her season - and career, really - with some vintage form during the week, taking out two of the hottest players of the year en route to the semis, namely No.2 seed Victoria Azarenka and No.13 seed Simona Halep. And while this run is over, it could be the start of something big.

"Coming into tournaments you never know how it's going to turn out, but I played a lot of great matches here," Williams said. "Today didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but she played very well today, and a lot of it came down to match play too - she was hitting a lot of unreturnable shots in the tie-break.

"As I get into these positions more I'll start to convert - just a few painful misses today."
acelovesvenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #1970
country flag trini1

trini1 is a glorious beacon of light trini1 is a glorious beacon of light trini1 is a glorious beacon of light trini1 is a glorious beacon of light trini1 is a glorious beacon of light trini1 is a glorious beacon of light trini1 is a glorious beacon of light trini1 is a glorious beacon of light trini1 is a glorious beacon of light trini1 is a glorious beacon of light trini1 is a glorious beacon of light

SO PROUD of Vee just SO PROUD. She proved a lot of doubters wrong but also any little bit of doubt which she may had is now vanquished. She played like a true top ten player and the thing is she still has a lot to improve on which is extremely promising. Her tie breaks need work and she realizes this but more so that as she encounters more of these tight situations she will be more comfortable playing them and eventually convert. Onto Beijing Vee.
trini1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #1971
country flag olympus28

olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of olympus28 has much to be proud of
Yes i am already over the loss, she just missed some balls to lose the match it doesnt change the fact that it was an amazing week for her. Hoping she will continue to improve her health and game!

We have to keep in mind that s almost a miracle to see her getting through her back problem. Back problems have destroyed so many great careers.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
"Until Venus came along, tennis was dead. Venus brought tennis to life. When Serena came along and added more life, tennis became a very popular sport all over again. Until then, tennis had died and went to hell."
R. Williams
olympus28 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #1972
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acelovesvenus View Post
"Venus was a very tough opponent today. I knew she was playing very well here, and for her it's great to have this many matches. She missed some tournaments this year and it's important to stay healthy and play a lot. If she keeps this up she can be one of the players who can win Grand Slams."

Williams had revived her season - and career, really - with some vintage form during the week, taking out two of the hottest players of the year en route to the semis, namely No.2 seed Victoria Azarenka and No.13 seed Simona Halep. And while this run is over, it could be the start of something big.

"Coming into tournaments you never know how it's going to turn out, but I played a lot of great matches here," Williams said. "Today didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but she played very well today, and a lot of it came down to match play too - she was hitting a lot of unreturnable shots in the tie-break.

"As I get into these positions more I'll start to convert - just a few painful misses today."

Really?
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #1973
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Im still very proud of Queen Vee, she was amazing throughout this week. She lost to a tougher opponent tbh. I love both players, they both deserve to win.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #1974
country flag ico4498
My Queen ah di original champion.

ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute

get 'em next time V.

ico4498 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 05:54 AM   #1975
country flag xr6turbo
Veelieve.

xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least she lost to the eventual winner as seems to be the case sooooo many times

"I want to do things on my own terms, I can't have anything take me out.
I have never given up and it's important for me to prove to myself that I can do this, and to prove to me that i'm a champion.
If I were just to sit down, lay down and give in, then I wouldn't have any respect for myself."
VW
xr6turbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #1976
country flag acelovesvenus

acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6turbo View Post
Well at least she lost to the eventual winner as seems to be the case sooooo many times
that's our vee!!
acelovesvenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 05:31 AM   #1977
country flag nemurenai

nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute nemurenai has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help but be disappointed, really She was within touching distance of a major final (not "major", but you know what I mean). However, given her play this week, her future prospects are excellent. I'm really happy for her Sustained high-class play throughout the week.
nemurenai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote