*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 266 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #3976
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Well I told you guys not to expect it to be easy if Venus showed up, didn't expect Vika to be so sick though. I really hope she recovers quickly, because if she risks playing Beijing when she's not 100% like this, then it could linger around for even longer. It was silly of her to play today, I have some serious questions for her team if they thought she'd be okay to go out there like that.

Old Sep 24th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #3977
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Sucks that she's sick again in Tokyo. Oh well, just get better Vika.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #3978
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Couldn't watch the match as I was getting my tooth drilled but seems like something about Tokyo doesn't agree with her. If its a repsiratory thing she should be ok for beijing.

This made me laugh though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
"She didn't seem like herself at all," Williams said. "Hitting the double-faults, I could tell she wasn't feeling her best.
Obviously she doesnt watch vika that much
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #3979
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Embarassing loss for Vika, if she's ill she shouldn't have played. In the meantime i get quite sick of all that babble about Venus's Illness in GM, most of the time she shouldn't play i feel.
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #3980
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...radwanska-wins
Victoria Azarenka talked about her physical condition afterwards in her post-match press conference.
Quote:
"I haven't been feeling well the last few days and haven't been able to practice," Azarenka said. "It has been very frustrating. But I got out there for the people. Everyone was waiting a long time for this match, so there was no way I wasn't going to go out there. I appreciate people coming out and paying for the tickets - they should see the players play. And I tried my best. I did whatever I could do today. "But you have to be at your best to play against a top player like her. So all the credit to her."
Exordes is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #3981
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand playing to avoid a fine and not retiring out of respect to Veeyoncé, but I do find it strange that she gave that little effort. It's not as if it hurts or anything since this tournament doesn't really matter, but I do wish she'd just withdrawn (again ).

Vika's had SUCH bad luck this year . Not only can she not stay healthy, but all her ailments (except Brisbane) have come when S. Williams wasn't playing, so she had a huge opportunity. Imagine this year if she'd won Indian Wells, Wimbledon, and Tokyo .
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #3982
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Well I told you guys not to expect it to be easy if Venus showed up, didn't expect Vika to be so sick though. I really hope she recovers quickly, because if she risks playing Beijing when she's not 100% like this, then it could linger around for even longer. It was silly of her to play today, I have some serious questions for her team if they thought she'd be okay to go out there like that.
Well it's not like an injury where playing will make it that much worse. Yes, the grind of full practice sessions and long matches all while on meds would cause problems, but today she clearly wasn't pushing herself that hard. As long as she rests between now and Beijing, as well as after Beijing, it should be fine. Vika is definitely aware of the risks of pushing her health, as we've seen with all the injury withdrawals.
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #3983
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Could only follow live scores online. Sort of expected she was not healthy from the score. Hard to watch the asian tournaments in europe. Think i skip to watch the replay of this one.

At least it is better this happened here. Last year in Tokyo was a bit similar, but she came back strong the week after. Not sure we can expect that now.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #3984
country flag iGOAT

Okay off topic, but what does everyone think about her not grunting today? I imagine it was to save energy and because she wasn't really playing intensely enough to grunt anyway, but it was a bit strange…*I just hope she wasn't doing it do to any pressure from the media or something.
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #3985
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Okay off topic, but what does everyone think about her not grunting today? I imagine it was to save energy and because she wasn't really playing intensely enough to grunt anyway, but it was a bit strange…*I just hope she wasn't doing it do to any pressure from the media or something.
I definitely think it's because she's ill. If it's a scratchy throat, grunting would just make it worse.

I don't buy into the whole "we must stop players from grunting" bull. I just don't see how it could be done. They tried it with Monica at Wimbledon years ago and it failed because she sucked in the final. Are some grunts more annoying to some, sure, but honestly I look at them as a gauge of effort by the player. The louder the grunt, the more intense the point or tense the player.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #3986
country flag iGOAT

Yeah I guess you're right I'm sure it was just from illness. I just hope she doesn't get eaten alive that she "can" play without grunting. That pressure does take it's toll, as we saw with both Safina and Wozniacki, and to some extent JJ, about being slamless number ones.
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #3987
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

It was just plain stupid to play sick. F*** the WTA and their stupid zero pointer rules. Too bad she has given into their pressure. She should just do her own thing. It´s her health.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #3988
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
It was just plain stupid to play sick. F*** the WTA and their stupid zero pointer rules. Too bad she has given into their pressure. She should just do her own thing. It´s her health.
I don't think it was a bad decision to play. Your ill, playing won't make you worse, it won't make your recovery longer, there's no injury that can get worse. She was unlucky with the draw really, if she'd faced someone with less of a first serve than Venus she could have won. I think she still would have beaten the majority of non-seeded players in the draw. It was a free hit so to speak, she had nothing really to lose from playing, but could have maybe bluffed her way into the draw if she had won.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #3989
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I don't think it was a bad decision to play. Your ill, playing won't make you worse, it won't make your recovery longer, there's no injury that can get worse. She was unlucky with the draw really, if she'd faced someone with less of a first serve than Venus she could have won. I think she still would have beaten the majority of non-seeded players in the draw. It was a free hit so to speak, she had nothing really to lose from playing, but could have maybe bluffed her way into the draw if she had won.
Of course you can make it worse and extend your recovery time. In the end it is her decision. Nevertheless I feel many times players only play to avoid the zero pointers or/and stay eligible for some bonus cash. Kerber would have never played Doha/Dubai this year for example. The incentive to play are the ranking points and the prize money, so let players play what they want. No need for additional punishment. Count the 16 best and be done with it. Players will play when they are healthy.

Vika is not stupid. She knew looking at that draw that she is not making it through the early parts with a viral infection. Venus has apparently overcome her back problems and played better at the USO and in the 1st round here. Halep/Pavs waiting in round two, Stephens/JJ in round three. Since she has already faced a lot of criticism she simply completed the match and bettors worldwide are happy the WTA has its own methods of legal match-fixing. Maybe the WTA should ban themselves.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #3990
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Yeah I really don't think the performance today would've made her much worse. Obviously it is a high intensity situation, but she clearly wasn't try to push her body too far, and it's actually often good to get limited exercise when you're sick. I just hope she recovers in time to play well in Beijing!!

Also, since we all say Vika playing so shitty it's easy to ignore, but Veeyoncé played quite well. Many other opponents would've been intimidated by just facing Vika or just been beatable, like Vinci last year.
Closed Thread