2013 US Open – Out of Top 10 - Page 32 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #466
country flag Palkov

Palkov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2013 US Open – Out of Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
I think we have a confirmation of the Radek-Petra relationship. I just saw hew in the stands during Radek's match in the Davis Cup semifinal.

Although, she is not in the player's box yet.
Yep. I think it is obvious and there is no doubt about it...

Now, let's hope that (being pro-tennis veteran and fmr TOP10 player) Radek will serve as a good advisor to Petra. Vseticek's hiring seems to me a good step. As I do not care about all his WTA-women-career-killer aura, I think that Radek can have a positive influence on the road to so awaited Petra's maturity Time will tell...
Palkov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #467
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

i hope that she will being her shit together now when she is out of top 10 next season is our, she has nothing to defend, so i hope she will finally play better..

and please stop that thing with radek

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 02:19 PM   #468
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Can somebody explain Petra's ranking to me? How is she #7 in the race, with 3260 points, but #11 in the roling 52 week ranking, with 3170? That is, how the heck can she have more points in the race than in the rolling 52 week ranking? Doesn't the 52 week one include things that aren't in her race points?

Anyway, if the race points are to be believed, then news of her demise is greatly exaggerated, since she's actually securely in top 10 even after a horrible season.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 02:33 PM   #469
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Can somebody explain Petra's ranking to me? How is she #7 in the race, with 3260 points, but #11 in the roling 52 week ranking, with 3170?
Because the Ranking includes those mandatory tournaments-2012: Beijing and YEC, where Petra earned very few points 80+70.
In the race she has some points from more successful events (so far).
PS. The ranking and the Race include 16 best tournaments.

She has In the Ranking: Beijing and YEC: 70+80=150. In the Race - Paris and Carlsbad instead of them (so far) 120+120=240. And the difference is 240-150=90.. 3260-3170=90

Last edited by Hartson : Sep 23rd, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:50 PM   #470
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Very good explanation. Thanks, Hartson!

Will this make it harder or easier for Petra to gain more points compared to those who are nipping at her heels?

Looks to me like Petra has more tournaments played, but all her competitors -- JJ, Sloane, Vinci, Kerber, Woz -- also have more than 16 played (most have 20+), so hopefully it will just come down to performing better in the remaining tournaments for the rest of the year.

I'm surprised Halep isn't in the hunt here. Or maybe she is if she wins a big tournament like Beijing?
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote