WWW?Tokyo R2: Venus Williams or Victoria Azarenka - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: www?

Williams in 2 67 36.22%
Williams in 3 24 12.97%
Azarenka in 2 81 43.78%
Azarenka in 3 13 7.03%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 03:53 PM   #61
country flag jrollaneres25

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WWW?Tokyo R2: Venus Williams or Victoria Azarenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan View Post
Imagine Serena was not around. we would all think Vika is the shit cause she owns Venus and Clijsters. Thanks god Serena stil plays!
This is a joke right?
Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
I am a pretty big Veeliver of Venus Williams, but I'm a FOLLOWER of

Jesus Christ!!
jrollaneres25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 03:57 PM   #62
country flag Alexandros
High Mother.

Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka, 4 and 1

Pitiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
Azarenka's also channeling the giant slides seen at many small amusement parks, with her nose.
Alexandros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 03:59 PM   #63
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of

uh venus in 2 obviously.

Azarenka's form is shit at the moment. this will be such an embarrassing loss for her and good win for venus
GOyoungUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:01 PM   #64
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaAzarenka View Post
People are honestly picking Venus to win in 2? You people on this board are absolutely insane.
have you been watching your fave play tennis or just been paying attention to results?

if venus plays well here and azarenka plays like she has all summer than venus wins in 2
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:07 PM   #65
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

Heart wants Venus' form to improve like it has and to win this one, but head says it's too soon for Venus to be that competitive with Azarenka.

I think Vika will win in two tight sets, something like 7-5 6-3.

For Vee it's all about getting more matches, and in time (health permitting), she'll get back to challenging the top 10.

Quote:
Each tournament is important for me, ... Each tournament would do something to my ranking and such kind of thing, step forward for the future. Also I think it's the opportunity, the opportunity to do what I love, to play my best, to play for the people who appreciate what I do.
(Venus Williams)
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:09 PM   #66
country flag Letigre

Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute Letigre has a reputation beyond repute

Venus was good today. She looked all right the whole much and didn't have to spend much energy, but I hadn't seen Mona play since RG and I am appalled. Her serve has disintegrated, her game is a random mess and she looks totally lost. Not that she would have ever won this match anyway, but she totally gave up after losing her serve at 1-1 in the second set after leading 40-15, so I am not really sure about how Venus is going to respond against a much tougher player like Azarenka, or if Azarenka is going to be totally committed to this tournament.
Letigre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:12 PM   #67
country flag Glasgow Smile
テニプリ

Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
Even Peak Serena couldnt do that to Vika. So stop trolling bitch
No need for expletives. And she's never played Peak Serena unless she time traveled back to 2002 or 2003
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:29 PM   #68
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Venus in 2? Please give me a break.
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:30 PM   #69
country flag GOyoungUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
Venus in 2? ll Please give me a break.
Azarenka's in poor form + first match after losing a GS final + lost said GS final to opponents sister + opponent is a 7 time slam champion = venus in 2
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:34 PM   #70
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOyoungUSA View Post
Azarenka's in poor form + first match after losing a GS final + lost said GS final to opponents sister + opponent is a 7 time slam champion = venus in 2
Doesn't matter. You don't expect someone who has great difficulty to win even one match in any tournament suddenly to win in 2 against the second best player in the world who's very consistent and professional on top. If Venus gets more than 4 games here i'd be surprised.
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:37 PM   #71
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Venus in 2? Please give me a break.
It is often like that in prediction threads when Vika plays someone with a lot of fans. Real odds 85-15, voting here 50-50.

But if Venus plays well she might have a chance. Glad Vika plays her here instead of an early round in a slam.

I'm more leaning to the real odds though.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:38 PM   #72
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

If Vika plays like she did at the US Open Venus has a serious chance to take this. Vika hasn't been playing amazing, she has been winning ugly since Cincy. If Venus takes care of her 1st and 2nd serve she can win.

And yes, Peaknus would thrash Guest, but obviously this is a toss-up due to the illness.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:46 PM   #73
country flag GOyoungUSA

Quote:
Doesn't matter. You don't expect someone who has great difficulty to win even one match in any tournament suddenly to win in 2 against the second best player in the world who's very consistent and professional on top. If Venus gets more than 4 games here i'd be surprised.
cornet and ivanovic are taking sets off azarenka and you think venus winning more than 4 games js a surprise? lol okay.

I'd agree with your post IF azarenka was in quality form, but she simply hasn't been for quite some
time now
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:47 PM   #74
country flag StoneRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
It is often like that in prediction threads when Vika plays someone with a lot of fans. Real odds 85-15, voting here 50-50.

But if Venus plays well she might have a chance. Glad Vika plays her here instead of an early round in a slam.

I'm more leaning to the real odds though.
Real odds are more like 98-2, if Vika doesn't injure herself there's no way she could lose this.Begin this year poll with the Venus-Maria match in AO was like this. The outcome was expected (for me) and showed that there's a huge gap between top 3 and Venus with illness 33 years old. It's not like they're even close in playing strength right now even if Venus plays well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOyoungUSA View Post
cornet and ivanovic are taking sets off azarenka and you think venus winning more than 4 games js a surprise? lol okay.

I'd agree with your post IF azarenka was in quality form, but she simply hasn't been for quite some
time now
Vika's form was good enough to take Serena to 3 at USO and i'm not even talking Cincinatti here. Remember Serena didn't allow Venus 4 games in their match, the difference in pure playing strength is just too big right now. Ivanovic is certainly better than Venus too right now and Cornet maybe too, can't tell exactly.
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:49 PM   #75
country flag GOyoungUSA

Quote:
Real odds are more like 98-2, if Vika doesn't injure herself there's no way she could lose this.Begin this year poll with the Venus-Maria match in AO was like this. The outcome was expected (for me) and showed that there's a huge gap between top 3 and Venus with illness 33 years old. It's not like they're even close in playing strength right now even if Venus plays well.
well Maria was in much better form than compared to Azarenka's form now. plus Maria already had multiple wins over venus and a winning H2H. if people were expecting Venus to win that than they were just being wishful.

azarenka has a losing H2H with no wins.