Anastassia Rodionova Cheering Thread!! - Page 190 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #2836
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of
Re: Anastassia Rodionova Cheering Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Speaking of her good mate Cara, I noticed they are both in Portugal this week but not playing with each other
You're right. Why on earth would an A-list world class doubles player like Cara Black play with a dud like Catalina Castano?
This suggests Anastasia & Cara had a falling out last minute or something. That sucks big time. Anastasia needs Cara.
Advertisement

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #2837
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Another falling out
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #2838
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
May not be a falling out but still weird. I think Nastya is good friends with Alla who has struggled lately and has a low ranking. Nastya may just be helping out another mate temporarily. But yeah, weird that cara is stuck with an ordinary partner.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old May 4th, 2013, 05:13 AM   #2839
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Rodi made the SF with Alla and next week she plays with Varvara Lepchenko while Cara Black plays with someone else. Looks like they have definitely parted ways. They won only one game in their last match together which was abysmal apparently.
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #2840
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

I dont know how Nastya is going to get anywhere constantly changing partners like this. Black is now playing with Erakovic this week. Maybe more focus now on the singles would be beneficial.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #2841
country flag Territory

Here's a weird fact: In doubles this year, Nastya has had to play the team of Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears 5 times already!

Dubai R1: def [3]Kops-Jones/Spears 6-2 6-4 (w/Black)
Charleston QF: def [2]Kops-Jones/Spears 6-4 3-6 10-6 (w/Barty)
Stuttgart R1: lost to [4]Kops-Jones/Spears 1-6 0-6 (w/Black)
Madrid R2: lost to [4]Kops-Jones/Spears 6-7 6-7 (w/Lepchenko)
Rome R1: def lost to [5]Kops-Jones/Spears 7-5 7-5 (w/Kudryavtseva)

Crazy!
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 08:34 AM   #2842
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

After winning a doubles tittle last week with Kudryavtseva. They started there doubles run in Tokyo with a 6-3 6-1 win over Minella/Vesnina.

She also qualified for singles and will play Date-Krumm.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:31 AM   #2843
country flag Territory

Playing with Alla has been the steadiest partnership she's had for years. They're doing ok too, now up to around #15 in the YEC race.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 12:28 AM   #2844
country flag Territory

Nastya and Alla now into the SF in Moscow. Another good effort. Nastya is back in the doubles top 30 and her and Alla should move up to #11 in the YEC race which is a really good effort actually.
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 02:05 AM   #2845
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Still a massive shame she and Cara Black split up. They had grand slam winning potential. But if her and Alla can have results like this its still good for Anastasia and should keep her playing.
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #2846
country flag Daniel.

I know no one really cares about Anastasia, but I care about everyone representing Australia.

It is the end of her season so I want to reflect on her year in singles.

She has accumulated ONLY TWO main draw wins in WTA events- Vania King in Pattaya City and Jie Zheng in Doha. I'm sorry but that is appalling for her standards.
She lost in qualifying at all four Grand Slams.
Despite the appalling results, not even once did she take a step back to play an ITF event to try and gather some form. Instead she slugged away in qualifying in 19 of the 22 events she played (3 direct entries, lost R1 in all).
Due to this shocking series of events she again finishes the year outside the top 100, and well out, at 160.

I think this is very disappointing scheduling because I believe she still has potential to crack the top 100 again and with some form and confidence be capable of winning WTA matches. She has to be smart though and playing so much qualifying in such form will give you no rewards.

Fortunately, she finishes the year ranked 25 in doubles and that is a stellar effort. The doubles will keep her going. But at 31 years of age she has another few good years in her on the singles court only if she does it right.

I wish we saw her in the two Bendigo events, and pending her results in Aussie summer (doubt she'll get WC's so qualies) she should look at playing a string of ITF events to get the wins and the points required to actually make MD in the WTA events she enters.

I reeeeeally hope next year is substantially better than this year.
Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 12:39 AM   #2847
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
I know no one really cares about Anastasia, but I care about everyone representing Australia.

It is the end of her season so I want to reflect on her year in singles.

She has accumulated ONLY TWO main draw wins in WTA events- Vania King in Pattaya City and Jie Zheng in Doha. I'm sorry but that is appalling for her standards.
She lost in qualifying at all four Grand Slams.
Despite the appalling results, not even once did she take a step back to play an ITF event to try and gather some form. Instead she slugged away in qualifying in 19 of the 22 events she played (3 direct entries, lost R1 in all).
Due to this shocking series of events she again finishes the year outside the top 100, and well out, at 160.

I think this is very disappointing scheduling because I believe she still has potential to crack the top 100 again and with some form and confidence be capable of winning WTA matches. She has to be smart though and playing so much qualifying in such form will give you no rewards.

Fortunately, she finishes the year ranked 25 in doubles and that is a stellar effort. The doubles will keep her going. But at 31 years of age she has another few good years in her on the singles court only if she does it right.

I wish we saw her in the two Bendigo events, and pending her results in Aussie summer (doubt she'll get WC's so qualies) she should look at playing a string of ITF events to get the wins and the points required to actually make MD in the WTA events she enters.

I reeeeeally hope next year is substantially better than this year.
Great post Daniel. Yes, she shouldn't be ranked around the 160's but she's a marked woman out there. No one would want to lose to her due to her at times deplorable attitude.

She probably should move back into challengers, but she's seeing some worth in doubles at the moment. So to play top line double week in week out, she wouldn't be keen to drop a level below for singles. She'd have to sacrifice some ground in doubles, to make up some ground in singles.

Challengers or not, even at her best she's a pretty patchy player. A stretch of good games in a set, is often followed by a stretch of bad games. This probably reflects her up and down emotions on the court. I felt that she finally was getting control of her emotions when she was working with Nicole Pratt a couple of years ago (around the time she beat Kuznetsova at Wimbledon) and we saw some great tennis from her. And I wonder if she's dedicated enough now, or in the right state of mind, to buckle down to get back into the top 50.
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 07:12 PM   #2848
country flag Zoran :)

Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice Zoran :) is just really nice

I did not know that there are people who love Anastasia! OMG
Zoran :) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2013, 03:46 AM   #2849
country flag Daniel.

From Anastasia's facebook:
"Found out today that I have been playing with mono last half a year..... that explains a lot... #shokingnews"
Old Nov 30th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #2850
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Wow... she's been playing through that fatigue for the whole year. Usually rest is the order of the day, wonder if she'll skip the Aussie Sunmer?