Daria Gavrilova the new russian generation - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 21st, 2013, 08:25 AM   #631
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Daria Gavrilova the new russian generation

She in the MD

(15)Daria Gavrilova(wc) def. Chanelle Scheepers 6-4 6-3

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 21st, 2013, 01:45 PM   #632
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Her side of the Draw

Sara Errani v BYE
Svetlana Kuznetsova v Paula Ormaechea
Misaki Doi v Varvara Lepchenko
Julia Görges v Sorana Cîrstea
Carla Suárez Navarro v Madison Keys
Peng Shuai v Risa Ozaki
Belinda Benčič v Daria Gavrilova
BYE v Petra Kvitová

Old Sep 21st, 2013, 02:15 PM   #633
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future

Yay, so happy (and a little surprised!) that Daria got through! Drawing Bencic is also the best case scenario for the qualifiers, so hopefully she can win again, though Bencic is certainly no mug.

Tennis Tipping Rank: 117 (singles), 85 (doubles)
Doubles Titles: WTA Luxembourg 2013, ITF x5
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 03:41 AM   #634
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Dasha wins 4 straight game, to win 2nd set 75. Bencic crying at end of set break.

Go Dasha.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:41 AM   #635
country flag Trey

R1: Belinda Benčič def Daria Gavrilova 6-2 5-7 7-5

She played decent I think what cost her this match was that she made way too many error that could been put away easy & her serve need too Improve she making alot DF lately but still all this is an good event for her

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #636
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Nice that Daria qualified into Tokyo, but probably should have beaten Bencic. Still she reclaims her CHR of #140. Something to take from the atrocious win/loss ratio this year of 4-10!
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 10:24 PM   #637
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future

Daria playing qualies at Linz and Moscow. She has some points to defend from last years trip to the Australian ITF events, so hopefully she can get some wins before the end of the season (and the big points she has to defend at the start of next year!)

Old Oct 4th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #638
country flag Trey

Linz Qualifying Draw

(4)Dolonc v Gavrilova
Krunic v (wc)Konig
(wc)Neuwirth v Murray
Honcova v (7)Pfizenmaier

Old Oct 5th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #639
country flag killerqueen

Won 7-5 6-4

Dolonc is by far one of the most unpredictable players on tour, good some days, awful the next, but this is still a good win for Dasha! Rematch with Krunic next though.. Lost comfortably at the US open, so an improvement would be nice...

Old Oct 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #640
country flag Trey

Krunic def Gavrilova 6-2 6-0

I was thinking she might could cause the upset but if not put up a better scoreline

Old Oct 11th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #641
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

Kremlin Cup QD

(2)King v Kremen
Savinykh v Parra Santonja
(wc)Kasatkina v Kania
Ivakhnenko v (7)Gavrilova

Savinykh - Kirilenko - Sharapova - Buchina - Diatchenko - Kleybanova - Panova - Solovieva
Good luck to all russian and dutch players
Phenomareva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #642
country flag killerqueen

Anyone if Daria has any events planned between now and the end of the year? Part of me thinks it'd be good to just go rest and prepare for a better 2014, but her current ranking would see her right on the cusp of a seeding position at next years AO qualifying, so a few more points wouldn't go amiss to cement that spot. She needs some wins there or her ranking is going to drop badly. (She'd be back around #200 if her AO points were to vanish today!)

Old Oct 21st, 2013, 07:02 PM   #643
country flag killerqueen

Daria turned down the chance to play the Fed Cup final because of the lack of support the Russian Federation has been giving her! She just had a mini Twitter rant, calling them out for wanting her now when just a few weeks ago she was snubbed for Moscow WC's over Anastasia Bukhanko (a total nobody by the looks of it) and Ksenia Pervak (who abandoned Russia for the Olympics and can't play Fed Cup for 2 years now)

There is a part of me that thinks she has missed a good opportunity that may never come her way again, but on the other hand, I think she's very brave to stand up for what she believes in and smart to play the 125 events that she needs to keep her ranking.

Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 03:31 AM   #644
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

I wonder if the reason she turned the chance down is she has plans to defect to another country. She's dating an Aussie, and spent 3 months at the end of last year here, so maybe, Aussie Dasha.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #645
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
Daria turned down the chance to play the Fed Cup final because of the lack of support the Russian Federation has been giving her! She just had a mini Twitter rant, calling them out for wanting her now when just a few weeks ago she was snubbed for Moscow WC's over Anastasia Bukhanko (a total nobody by the looks of it) and Ksenia Pervak (who abandoned Russia for the Olympics and can't play Fed Cup for 2 years now)

There is a part of me that thinks she has missed a good opportunity that may never come her way again, but on the other hand, I think she's very brave to stand up for what she believes in and smart to play the 125 events that she needs to keep her ranking.
Daria definitely earned my respect with her stand. Best of luck to her.
Tampering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote