Changing the coach - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 20th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #91
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future
Re: Changing the coach

another stupid move.

we have to face it, she won't ever change a thing.

Two top coaches say she needs to play a little different and she fires them.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 21st, 2013, 03:45 AM   #92
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

Surprising -- I really thought Wim was going to be a long-term solution. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised with anything about Sabine.

She needs to be open-minded about trying new things with her game to get to the next level -- especially during the hard-court season in which she really has nothing to lose.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 07:28 AM   #93
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

What is Sabine doing? If she cannot accept advice that's different from her mindset; if she cannot change to get to the next level on a more consistent basis, then - she will be stuck yo-yoing in the middle reaches of the WTA forever. Where does she believe her game is? Not at the top end, surely. Seems she is happy with mediocrity, to 'have fun' & earn some money for shopping as she goes globetrotting. Her game has potential - but each year she gets older, that potential has to be realized. Right now, it is not.

She is also going to get an unwanted reputation for running through coaches. Unless you agree with her/dad - then, forget it.

Surely she can't rely on dad/Nick B forever - Nick's in his 80s now.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 09:52 AM   #94
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

^^ not much to add to all this, can´t understand Sabine here at all, just
but sometimes it´s just impossible to understand her, even as a fan....
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 11:54 AM   #95
country flag Bino

Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold
So maybe the reason for firing Fissette is that she makes him responsible for the final loss in Wimbledon. Maybe she has the impression he has given her the wrong tactics on the way in final. Till now it seems she hasn't yet accepted that loss. It's still in her mind and she wasn't able to watch this match for analyzing it even months after Wimbledon.

Sabine needs absolute harmony in her team and if there's missing one small link she questions the whole system.

It's a dilemma because she needs continuity if she wants to improve but she isn't able to keep it up because she's quickly feeling annoyed if things are not working as expected.

The question is how she gets motivation and confidence for the rest of the season. She has not much to defend but I think she needs the pressure to reach her best level.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM   #96
country flag Lucky_Loser

Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post
So maybe the reason for firing Fissette is that she makes him responsible for the final loss in Wimbledon. Maybe she has the impression he has given her the wrong tactics on the way in final. Till now it seems she hasn't yet accepted that loss. It's still in her mind and she wasn't able to watch this match for analyzing it even months after Wimbledon.

Sabine needs absolute harmony in her team and if there's missing one small link she questions the whole system.

It's a dilemma because she needs continuity if she wants to improve but she isn't able to keep it up because she's quickly feeling annoyed if things are not working as expected.

The question is how she gets motivation and confidence for the rest of the season. She has not much to defend but I think she needs the pressure to reach her best level.
I highly doubt that this is the reason for firing him, given that his tactics were the ones that got her to the final in the first place.

I think she believes that only hard hitting will give her a chance and doesn't really like change or some tweaks to her game, even though they're needed if she wants to become a more consistant player.

For example, it's nice to have a fast first serve, but if you aren't able to serve it at a high percentage it won't be as effective as we've seen during the US Open.
Also, trying to hit fireballs all the time on the opponents 2nd serve isn't the greatest idea, as some better placement and a little less pace would be enough to position yourself to get the point on the 2nd ball at the latest.
The same thing could be said about her serve, which could use some better percentages even if she loses a couple mph on it, cause that would still be enough to net her some easy points.

Those are just two things she should work on but that would mean tweaking her game and not just firing on all cylinders all the time, which seems not what she's got in mind.

Anyways, I really hope she realises that she needs some work on her game and does get herself a coach for a longer period of time the next time around.
Lucky_Loser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 05:50 PM   #97
country flag Bino

Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_Loser View Post
I highly doubt that this is the reason for firing him, given that his tactics were the ones that got her to the final in the first place.
From the rational point of view it's true but the decision mustn't be necessarily rational. Of course it's speculation but the match plan she personally would have preferred for the final was probably more aggressive than the one of her coach. This could have affected her relationship to the coach throughout I don't think it's completely unlikely.

I don't say that I appreciate this but it's imaginable at all.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 07:18 PM   #98
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

jesus she lost in wibmli final and she can't get her shit together and now firing wim instead rocking on hard court since she has nothing to defend from last season and try to get to YEC or top 10.. she is avoiding tournaments and complicating

i really don't understand how on grass she can be so good, well not grass just wimbledon, and with this game so bad on hard court, on hard she should be even more better

jesus, so now till next wimbly we will wait for her to make sth good and go deep on tournament

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 08:06 PM   #99
country flag wagner1912

wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light

Lisicki with or without coach always plays well at wimbledon that's not a problem, the real problem is that she does not realize that her game often depends on your mood or the conditions of the day. I've never seen her have a game plan in a match and she thinks that tennis is a game of power and it is not so ... the worst is that she does not realize that sometimes when things not work, is needed make a change more for the mindset of Sabine and her emotions that betray her constantly. I hate to see that in all these years I still to Sabine since 2009 she always does the same and hurt your career, your level of distrust I'm amazed, she's not a player that just starting, she will to meet 24 years tomorrow. You should consider that tennis is not two or three tournaments and power not only allowed is in tennis. Every time I think more than the high level of 2011 was just a mirage of what she could be as a player. No case, Sabine has too much pride and things will be this way always
wagner1912 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #100
country flag sghskhgkj

sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice

According to a British Eurosport commentator who spoke to Robert Orlik, Sabine (or rather, her father) is still looking for a full-time coach. Orlik was approached himself but turned it down to stay with Annika.
sghskhgkj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #101
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sghskhgkj View Post
According to a British Eurosport commentator who spoke to Robert Orlik, Sabine (or rather, her father) is still looking for a full-time coach. Orlik was approached himself but turned it down to stay with Annika.
Smart man. Stuck with the more mature 19 year old. Might be a lesser talent, but at least she is willing to listen and learn.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 07:55 AM   #102
country flag Ian Aberdon

So do we think Sabine & team will call upon the services of Martina Hingis in future tournaments after their sadly all-to-short collaboration at the AO? Maybe for the GSlams?

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 02:49 PM   #103
country flag Lamb4Life

Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all

Apparently there's a mutual interest between Sabine and Martina Hingis in a long(er)-term partnership

http://www.rp-online.de/sport/tennis...-aid-1.3975232
Lamb4Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #104
country flag Ian Aberdon

Notice that Wim Fissette is to work with Simona Halep. If Simona feels able to hire Wim to help her, why didn't Sabine think it would work? She didn't give it a chance.

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 06:25 PM   #105
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

Simona fired Marcu just after winning her sixth tournament last year and has gone the AO without any coach. There's always been a case of "musical coaches" among the players, but my favorites seem to make the most puzzling moves.

Anyway, hopefully since Martina has been an idol of Sabine's their partnership will last longer and Sabs will be able to be openminded and listen to her.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote