Mirjana's summer 2013 campaign - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 20th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #541
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's summer 2013 campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheDeuce View Post
Why is KingOfSwing not posting anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
... plays like a drunken donkey .. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
KingOfSwing gone -> mikireturns comes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
"Drunken donkey" pretty much covers it. I just hope her game doesn't disintegrate entirely after a bungle like this. Looking at the entrants in next week's Vegas rodeo, I suddenly don't feel confident in Miki's ability to beat any of them ... even the ones in qualifying. She'll have to summon all of her mental faculties to put the Hsu Disaster behind her. At least she can watch the video stream of the match and learn ... while she's cringing in agony.

But she's come back sharp from other baffling nosedives.

And who/why is the MikiBrigade confusing me with?
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 20th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #542
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
"Drunken donkey" pretty much covers it. I just hope her game doesn't disintegrate entirely after a bungle like this. Looking at the entrants in next week's Vegas rodeo, I suddenly don't feel confident in Miki's ability to beat any of them ... even the ones in qualifying. She'll have to summon all of her mental faculties to put the Hsu Disaster behind her. At least she can watch the video stream of the match and learn ... while she's cringing in agony.

But she's come back sharp from other baffling nosedives.

And who/why is the MikiBrigade confusing me with?
I have too much time on my hands, but:

MikiReturns last post with us before resurfacing this week: March 18
KingofSwing born on date: March 19
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #543
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible loss Miki

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #544
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Hsu just beat Rampere 7-5 6-0. It would be hilarious if she somehow won the whole tournament.
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #545
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen new ranking system for 2014?
Winning 25k gives you 50 points, winning a match at GS 70.

This is bad for Mirjana because majority of her points are from big tournaments.
This means she will have to play a lot more challengers in the year and probably end of doubles with JJ.
Because Mirjana can not afford to play type of tournaments she did this year.

Such a stupid system,winning some 50k in Georgia where last in is ranked outside TOP500 will give you more points than win at Wimbledon.

Situation will be similar to the one at ATP where some players with one win on ATP Tour are around 50 because they only play challengers and GS's.

Plus, they will not change points at the start of the year but from week to week.
WTA rankings will be huge mess next year.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #546
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Also, qualifying for International WTA brings 20 points, qualyfing for GS 40?
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 12:02 AM   #547
country flag SERVivor

I guess the theory is to reward the smaller tournaments to get more good players to play them and make these tournaments stronger. Sort of "grass roots" thinking. Probably the USTA, who runs all the challengers in the USA lobbied for this. Will points for the non grandslam WTA tournament main draws be affected? If not, Mirjana needs to play more of those that have weak fields, the type that nobody good d shows up for anyway that she can get in directly. The type players like Meusberger, Peer, and Minella are famous for playing.

Last edited by SERVivor : Sep 21st, 2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 03:02 AM   #548
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Have you seen new ranking system for 2014?
Winning 25k gives you 50 points, winning a match at GS 70.

This is bad for Mirjana because majority of her points are from big tournaments.
This means she will have to play a lot more challengers in the year and probably end of doubles with JJ.
Because Mirjana can not afford to play type of tournaments she did this year.

Such a stupid system,winning some 50k in Georgia where last in is ranked outside TOP500 will give you more points than win at Wimbledon.

Situation will be similar to the one at ATP where some players with one win on ATP Tour are around 50 because they only play challengers and GS's.

Plus, they will not change points at the start of the year but from week to week.
WTA rankings will be huge mess next year.
Wow. You're right. That plan sounds tailor-made to add more confusion to an already convoluted system. I'd like to know what reason the WTA is giving to justify docking 30 points from a winning round at a Grand Slam. This seems a highly suspect move when everyone knows that the women's tour is SERIOUSLY struggling to fill seats at regular tour events all over the world. It's also no secret that many of the challenger events in the USA are having a rough time finding sponsors and maintaining their bottom line. A number of these USTA and ITF stops are being cancelled or have already been cancelled. I cannot imagine these circuit stops will begin to attract more players ranked in the 50-100 range, particularly if the better ones don't even have ballkids and enough linespeople, as we saw at $75K Albuquerque.

Penalizing the 110-235 ranked players by decreasing their Slam qualifying and Slam opening-round points awards strikes me as a subtle means of making it more difficult for these types of players to even make a living at the sport, because we all know "points" translates into "main draw WTA opportunities." If the tour (in conjunction with the ITF and USTA) are looking to really widen the chasm between Tour-level product and bush-league product, one way of doing it would be to toy with the points spread at big events and particularly at the Grand Slams. I wonder if they have decreased 2nd and 3rd round points at Slams? That would be revealing.

If this holds true, it certainly will affect the "journeywomen" players like Mirjana the most because it is still expensive to fly anywhere to "play and stay," whether tour level or bush league. They will indeed have to toil primarily (if not exclusively) in the bush leagues and the end result is that fewer women will be able to play pro tennis full time, because I don't see prize money increasing at these ITFs any time soon. I'm sure these planners would like to see more of the 50-100 ranked WTA players forced into regular toiling in the bush leagues; that may be one short-term goal.

One cannot be certain without knowing what sort of planning and plotting went into this decision, but my guess is that the WTA is wanting to consolidate a failing tour where only the elitist of the elite players are showcased as often as possible, and we all know how disastrous that is going to be: they've tried it before. But women's tennis as a product is in trouble on the whole, and has been in trouble for quite awhile, no matter what any of the WTA corporate heads say to protest that fact. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but in my opinion it will not be good for the sport in the short-term. If it discourages more women from pursuing a possible career in the sport, longterm, then Billie Jean King would certainly roll in her grave ... if she was in one, heaven forbid.

I was only hoping they would bring back the Quality Points reward system. Oh, well.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 06:15 AM   #549
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
I was only hoping they would bring back the Quality Points reward system. Oh, well.
Amen to that. Steering away from quality points was one of the (if not the) most ridiculous decisions WTA has ever made. And they've made quite a few of those.
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 07:50 AM   #550
ajmo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
I guess the theory is to reward the smaller tournaments to get more good players to play them and make these tournaments stronger. Sort of "grass roots" thinking. Probably the USTA, who runs all the challengers in the USA lobbied for this. Will points for the non grandslam WTA tournament main draws be affected? If not, Mirjana needs to play more of those that have weak fields, the type that nobody good d shows up for anyway that she can get in directly. The type players like Meusberger, Peer, and Minella are famous for playing.
Yes, actually they increased points at challengers.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=126

POINTS IN RED ARE OLD SYSTEM
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 11:57 AM   #551
ajmo!

I guess this means Mirjana will be in France in October:

$50,000 Joue-Les-Tours
$50,000 Limoges
$100,000 Poitiers
$50,000+H Nantes /maybe $75,000 Barnstaple/or go to Asia for:
125k NANJING,
125 k Taipei

All questionable. I guess it's a good move, but 2 50k's in Canada at the time will be surely weaker.

I think she should play Joue-Les-Tours, Limoges and Poiters and then finish season with 2 125k's.
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 12:27 PM   #552
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

well, i think all of the french tournaments are indoors, so she should do well (right???)
this schedule could get her firmly in the top100 if she doesn't play like she did against hsu
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 04:33 PM   #553
country flag SERVivor

The 125 k's in Asia are risky if they are played on outdoor hard. There are plenty of Hsu type players that could upset her in those. Not to be stereotypical.
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 06:33 PM   #554
ajmo!

Taipei is indoors, no idea about Nanjing.
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 06:55 PM   #555
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

I don't see her doing the Asian swing. If she was she'd be playing Toray qualies (which offers good prize money) instead of an ITF. You have to remember she is a married woman now and she can't be far from her husband for months at a time.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote