Annika Beck - Page 236 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #3526
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Annika Beck

At least a win
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #3527
country flag ~Poseidon~

~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future ~Poseidon~ has a brilliant future

Well, she won, but obiously it's not a glamorous win. But well, she's got the points and ist still in the tournament.
~Poseidon~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #3528
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

She won and that's nice.

On the other hand, this is a typical match to show off her main problem: She has to work way too hard for each win with her game, that will always limit her potential because she has to put in so much effort even in early rounds, that will always put her in a disadvantage compared to players with bigger weapons.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #3529
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Same time, same space tomorrow: 2nd after 12:00 on CC against Dushevina.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #3530
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
It was, and she had already gone through qualifying. Plus Annika isn't excactly opponent I'd want to play in a "war of attrition".
Probably a bit late now, but doesn't Ozaki play the exact same game Annika does.

I think Annika just needs to get some wins, I feel like her form has dropped from a few months ago (feel because most of her recent matches haven't been televised). Dushevina is a winnable match.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #3531
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Down 3-6 *5-6 to Dushevina, serving to stay in the match..

Edit: 3 unforced errors on the forehand and a double-fault later she has lost.
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 07:14 AM   #3532
country flag supermod

supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of

She served for the set....

She looked a bit tired at the end and was not focused enough. Too many UEs in the last couple of minutes.
supermod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #3533
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

With Annika's style of play you can't afford to make that many UEs. Dushevina's much better serve also made the difference today.
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #3534
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermod View Post

She looked a bit tired at the end and was not focused enough. Too many UEs in the last couple of minutes.
That is bound to happen if each of her matches is a big grind. It's like I said yesterday, each win is such a struggle for her these days, she's bound to run into opponents that are better rested.

Oh well, at least she won one match

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #3535
country flag KatjaS

Kerber v BYE
Q v Zakopalova
Svitolina v Nara
Beck v Ivanovic

Tough, too tough probably.
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #3536
country flag Kev4000

Kev4000 is a name known to all Kev4000 is a name known to all Kev4000 is a name known to all Kev4000 is a name known to all Kev4000 is a name known to all Kev4000 is a name known to all Kev4000 is a name known to all Kev4000 is a name known to all Kev4000 is a name known to all Kev4000 is a name known to all Kev4000 is a name known to all

They will loose, sorry but Ivanovic is too strong for her.
Kev4000 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #3537
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

She's pretty unlucky with draws recently, that is most likely another R1 loss you can't really blame her for.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #3538
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Tough draw. At least it will probably be streamed.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #3539
country flag KatjaS

Ana always gets a show court.
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 10:29 AM   #3540
country flag KatjaS

Picture time:

Annika seems to have made a new friend:

Monica Puig ‏@MonicaAce93
My hommie (@BeckAnnika ) and I in Tokyo, on our way back to the hotel!!! #Besties

And an old one

Jule Goerges ‏@juliagoerges
Tokyo impressions...