OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 19th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #76
country flag rjcdude44

rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all
Re: OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread

Laura
Damn she could have taken this tournament.
At least it's a first Quarter Final
rjcdude44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 20th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #77
country flag james_von05

james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all

Morita - Jankovic - Stephens... come on Laura it's time to get some wins against this players.
james_von05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #78
country flag GS2
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice

Her 4th match with Morita - Laura won the last one though it was tight. Morita retired in her last match in New Haven and hasn't played since so this is a very good first round draw.

Jankovic after that though - I'm not hopeful.
GS2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #79
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

According to Laura she was woken at midnight for a drugs test (I presume she was woken up, unless she was out partying the night away and they caught up with her at the local nightclub). She just happened to be drawn to play a succession of Chinese girls in China. #conspiracy

#disturbedsleepheavylegs
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #80
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
I actually like this draw up to the QF !! Please make your first QF Laura

But guys, I can see Zheng Jie sneaking her way into the QF and she may be very difficult in her home country.....

I need to stop opening my mouth about these things.

Tricky Tokyo draw but agree with the above, Morita is winnable. Let's hope Jankovic has carried her form through from the USO where she was demolished in the end

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #81

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

So Vania King standing a forbidding 5'5" beat Zheng, an almost equally towering 5'4". Both had first serves above 70% in court which is where Laura should be by now. Even if she can't manage 70% in all matches, she should at least be able to make 70% in some, whereas 50% 1st serve is becoming the norm with anything around 60% gratefully cheered as improvement.

At 5'11" with extra arm length as well, Laura has a larger angle to aim into so her timing on serve must be way out compared to the women that are beating her.
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #82
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more concerned with her mentality and return game than her serve at the minute. The serving woes are nowhere near as bad as they were in February-April time. And her first serve is so much bigger than Zheng and King's so we cannot expect such a high percentage.

Morita in Tokyo... Urgh, I sense another heart attack coming on But I'm hoping she pulls through to have another crack at Jankovic. I still don't understand how she is ranked so high

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #83
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
I'm more concerned with her mentality and return game than her serve at the minute. The serving woes are nowhere near as bad as they were in February-April time. And her first serve is so much bigger than Zheng and King's so we cannot expect such a high percentage.

Morita in Tokyo... Urgh, I sense another heart attack coming on But I'm hoping she pulls through to have another crack at Jankovic. I still don't understand how she is ranked so high
I agree

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 07:57 AM   #84
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
I think she'll beat Morita, but then who knows?

JJ has shown patches of her old form this year, but not consistently.

Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 06:12 AM   #85
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

That scoreline was awful, clearly she had a bad attitude out there. I'm actually worried for her right now. We're coming up to the end of the season where all her stupid losses from earlier this year should help and motivate her to play some amazing tennis and she's back to where she was again. Rock bottom. She's seems to have reverted to her typical weak mentality and given up when the going gets tough. Back to not fighting unless it's a Top player. Great thinking Laura.

The sad thing is Morita hasn't played since New Haven. It makes this loss even more embarrassing. She may have had the home crowd support but that should not have been a problem. Laura's come off some match play and she should have won this.

She should be out of the Top 40 next week, and it's justified. What an awful finish to a disappointing season. Getting some good wins in Asia would have made up for this physically and mentally draining season she's provided for us all. I don't see how it's going to change in Beijing, even bigger field. She may aswell call it a season and come back hopefully stronger next year.

She clearly still has a problem being hunted, she still can't deal with beating who she's suppose to beat like others can. Still a work in progress, pick it up for next season.

It'd be a shame if she doesn't get to the next level, she's got amazing talent. There's just so many other things needed to take it to the elite level and she hasn't got them yet. It's still mystery if she will ever get there.
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 06:20 AM   #86
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Feels like a real backwards step right now, almost like we're back in Feb/March/April time, losing matches she should be winning, wanting to be anywhere but the court. It picked up a bit in the summer, but feels like we're right back where we started really. To win 1 TB all year..........ouch.
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 06:28 AM   #87
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Feels like a real backwards step right now, almost like we're back in Feb/March/April time, losing matches she should be winning, wanting to be anywhere but the court. It picked up a bit in the summer, but feels like we're right back where we started really. To win 1 TB all year..........ouch.
Yep. I honestly don't know where she can go from here. I'm starting to wonder if Krajan was really right about what he said, not being mature and not being motivated enough. He also mentioned her tendency to lose focus on the smaller courts which he was spot on about.

Miles' approach seems too laid back. I wonder if he's actually separated coaching from friendship... there needs to be a balance and he seems to let Laura get away with losing these matches.

Krajan would at least lecture her, not sure what Miles is doing.
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:34 AM   #88
country flag GS2
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice

I think Miles looked a bit pissed off with her when he came on after the first set - he was trying to gee her up and she just seemed to be whining about Morita playing too quickly.

Today was just a horrible attitude from her - she gave the match up by not bothering in the first few games of the second set.
GS2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:44 AM   #89

Laura actually won 3 more points than Morita. Maybe she doesn't have the matchplayer's instincts - some points are more important than others. If you get to 30 or 40 on your opponent's serve, they are the ones under pressure and you need to really dig in and not give them an out with loose shots.

Just look at Laura's BP conversion, not just the last few matches but over the season.
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:58 AM   #90
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Yeah it seems like it. Her and Watson( I know she was sick) didn't progress this year

guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote