2013 Asia & Linz - Quest for Istanbul - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #1
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
2013 Asia & Linz - Quest for Istanbul

Toray Pan Pacific Open - Tokyo, Japan
22 September - 28 September
Hard Court | Premier 5 | $2,369,000

R1 - BYE
R2 - Angelique Kerber def. Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor 6-0 6-1
R3 - Angelique Kerber def. Ana Ivanovic 6-4 6-2
QF - Angelique Kerber def. Agnieszka Radwanska 6-4 6-4
SF - Angelique Kerber def. Caroline Wozniacki 6-4 7-6

F - Petra Kvitova def. Angelique Kerber 6-2 0-6 6-3

620 points - $213,000

China Open - Beijing, China
28 September - 06 October
Hard Court | Premier Mandatory | $5,185,625

R1 - BYE
R2 - Angelique Kerber def. Laura Robson 6-1 6-2
R3 - Angelique Kerber def. Roberta Vinci 6-2 6-4

QF - Agnieszka Radwanska def. Angelique Kerber 7-6 6-4

250 points - $100,900

Generali Ladies - Linz, Austria
07 October - 13 October
Indoor Hard Court | International | $235,000

R1 - Angelique Kerber def. Monica Niculescu 0-6 6-1 6-2
R2 - Angelique Kerber def. Alexandra Cadantu 6-1 6-0
QF - Angelique Kerber def. Patricia Mayr-Achleitner 6-3 6-1
SF - Angelique Kerber def. Carla Suarez Navarro 6-2 6-0
F - Angelique Kerber def. Ana Ivanovic 6-4 7-6

ANGIE WINS WTA LINZ 2013!

280 points - € 32,258

Kremlin Cup - Moscow, Russia
14 October - 20 October
Hard Court | Premier 700 | $795,707

WITHDRAWN

Quest for Istanbul - SUCCESSFUL on 11/10
Final update - 13 October 2013

Code:
Rank  Name       Points   Next Match                          Points for a win

8.   Kerber     3715     QUALIFIED
--------------------------------------------
 9.   Wozniacki  3300     Luxembourg next week
10.   Stephens   3185     Luxembourg next week
--------------------------------------------
11.   Vinci      3170     Moscow next week
Bartoli omitted for clarity. All rankings and point projections by Tennis4WTA.

Possible Points:

Code:
Player         Total       Moscow      Luxembourg  Maximum

Kerber         3715        0           0           3715
Wozniacki      3300        0           +220        3520
Stephens       3185        0           +210        3395
Vinci          3170        +350        0           3520

Last edited by KatjaS : Oct 26th, 2013 at 02:00 PM.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 20th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #2
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Asia & Moscow

Kerber v BYE
Q v Zakopalova
Svitolina v Nara
Beck v Ivanovic
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 09:19 AM   #3
country flag Poldo

Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of

Draw is okay. Zakopalova lost last week against the Korea-WC.
Poldo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 09:49 AM   #4
country flag Poldo

Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of

First round against Q Torro-Flor.
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:10 AM   #5
country flag KatjaS

2nd match after NB 17:00 on Center Court tomorrow.

She should beat Torro-Flor quite handily, but what do I know..
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:50 AM   #6
country flag KatjaS

She won 6-0 6-1 with a very good performance. Was up *5-0 and then got broken to love in a fashion that almost looked intentional, then broke for the match to love.
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 04:36 PM   #7
country flag Chaosm21

Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of
Hübsches Ergebnis

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
She's been a top 10 player for 2 years now. We're way past the "beginning". She's never going to be inside the top 5. Getting to #5 was as close as she'll ever get.
Chaosm21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:42 PM   #8
country flag Poldo

Angie

Next round probably against Ivanovic. On clay she lost twice this year against her
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:53 PM   #9
country flag Bodensee

Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of

strong result.
Bodensee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #10
country flag KatjaS

Last match on CC tomorrow, 2nd after NB 17:00.
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #11
country flag KatjaS

Angie still has a small chance to reach the YEC in Istanbul. Looking at the current race (Ranking points won in 2013), as of today:

Code:
 1. S. Williams 11040
 2. Azarenka 7671
 3. Sharapova 5891
 4. Radwanska 5340
 5. Na Li 4870
 6. Errani 4050
 7. Bartoli 3172
 8. Jankovic 3160
 9. Kvitova 3140
10. Stephens 3045
11. Vinci 3030
12. Wozniacki 2780
13. Kerber 2760
14. Lisicki 2690
15. Halep 2680
16. Navarro 2525
Everyone from Williams to Errani is (almost) guaranteed to qualify. Bartoli has retired and is definitely not participating in the YEC and Sharapova is injured and likely not participating. So assuming Sharapova is out, there are still 3 spots in the draw as well as 2 Alternate positions (at least the #1 ALT has usually seen action in the last few years) available:

Code:
 6. Jankovic 3160
 7. Kvitova 3140
 8. Stephens 3045
------------------------
 9. Vinci 3030
10. Wozniacki 2780
------------------------
11. Kerber 2760
12. Lisicki 2690
13. Halep 2680
14. Navarro 2525
Looking at this week, Stephens, Vinci and Navarro have already lost and are out, while Lisicki is ill and withdrew from Tokyo completely. That's the good news, while the bad news is that Angie has the most difficult R3 opponent and is the only one in the most difficult quarter of the draw, facing Radwanska in a possible QF. JJ plays Bouchard, Kvitova plays Keys, Wozniacki plays Rybarikova and Halep plays V. Williams. Bad luck.

Next week, they'll of course all be playing in Beijung, where Angie and Wozniacki will have the advantage of being Top 8 seeds.

In week 41, Angie isn't playing at all (She already has played her International for this half of the year), while Kvitova, Stephens, Halep and Navarro are playing Linz and Lisicki will play in Osaka as the top seed.

In the final week 42 Angie plays in Moscow and will meet Jankovic, Kvitova, Vinci, Halep and Navarro there, while Wozniacki, Stephens and Lisicki are trying to get the deciding points in Luxembourg.

All in all, it'll be tough and the final spots will probably only be won in the final week of the regular season. Making the MD at the YEC is a lot to ask and she'd need a dream run here or in Beijing, but I think she still has a decent chance of bypassing either Vinci or Wozniacki to secure one of those well-paid tourist alternate spots.
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #12
country flag Poldo

Thank you Katja!
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #13
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Angelique into Tokyo R3 !

Leider jetzt gegen Angstgegnerin Ivanovic. Ana leads Head To Head 3-0

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #14
country flag PetkoFan

PetkoFan is a glorious beacon of light PetkoFan is a glorious beacon of light PetkoFan is a glorious beacon of light PetkoFan is a glorious beacon of light PetkoFan is a glorious beacon of light PetkoFan is a glorious beacon of light PetkoFan is a glorious beacon of light PetkoFan is a glorious beacon of light PetkoFan is a glorious beacon of light PetkoFan is a glorious beacon of light PetkoFan is a glorious beacon of light

No stream today?
PetkoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #15
country flag KatjaS

No, apparently they switched off the cameras.